Kelly Faris By The Numbers | The Boneyard

Kelly Faris By The Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
OK, so I wanted to do some number crunching and see where Kelly stands on career totals. I did project out her current senior year stats through 38 games as if she continues her current pace in each category (Current totals to date in parenthesis):

Points 1105 (866)
Rebounds: 761 (663)
Assists: 556 (455)
Steals: 317 (245)
Blocks: 69 (61)
Turnovers: 251 (225)

Some interesting observations:
* This year her rebounding numbers are the lowest they have been since her freshman season.
*She is on pace to have 39 more steals than she did last year.
*In only one season, her sophomore year, has she had more turnovers than steals.
*This year she is almost on pace to match the scoring from her Junior and Freshman seasons combined. (395 in 12/13 vs. 414)
*She is on pace to take 3 more FG's but 19 less FT's than she did her sophomore year, yet score 99 more points (395 in 12/13 vs. 296 in 10/11).
*Her career A/TO is currently 2.02 with her current career totals, but projected to finish at 2.22 and 3.88 for this season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. On the rebounds being lower this year - it is probably a direct result of her becoming more of a perimeter player - she was playing more at the 4 previously, but with with the freshmen and sophs taking over that position, she is not as likely to be in great position for rebounds.
What comes out in these numbers is her all-around game - and I am loving her scoring touch this year!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If your predicted numbers hold up, some of those stats will get her into the UConn record book.

If she ends up with 1105 points she will be 31st just one point behind Pattyson.
If she ends up with 556 assists she would be 5th all time, just behind Sue Bird.
With a projected 317 steals she would be 3rd all time behind Rizzotti.
If she plays 38 games this year she will have played 153 games in 4 seasons. That puts her 3rd behind Maya Moore and redshirted Kalana Greene.

Reaction Score
On her current pace, Faris will leave UConn with more than 1,000 points, 750 rebounds, 500 assists, and 250 steals. The only other player in program history to do that was Maya.

For her sake and that of the team, I hope she can achieve or even exceed those projections(except turnovers). However, my Grandma always taught me to not count the chickens before you know what.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On her current pace, Faris will leave UConn with more than 1,000 points, 750 rebounds, 500 assists, and 250 steals. The only other player in program history to do that was Maya.
Thanks for that stat, Cat. I was going to look it up. Maya far surpassed some of those thresholds, but for Kelly to be in a category with only the great Maya Moore is quite special. All of the other greats whose names are on the wall did not have the Kelly Faris-type balance to their games.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
OK, so I wanted to do some number crunching and see where Kelly stands on career totals. I did project out her current senior year stats through 38 games as if she continues her current pace in each category (Current totals to date in parenthesis):

Points 1105 (866)
Rebounds: 761 (663)
Assists: 556 (455)
Steals: 317 (245)
Blocks: 69 (61)
Turnovers: 251 (225)

Some interesting observations:
* This year her rebounding numbers are the lowest they have been since her freshman season.
*She is on pace to have 39 more steals than she did last year.
*In only one season, her sophomore year, has she had more turnovers than steals.
*This year she is almost on pace to match the scoring from her Junior and Freshman seasons combined. (395 in 12/13 vs. 414)
*She is on pace to take 3 more FG's but 19 less FT's than she did her sophomore year, yet score 99 more points (395 in 12/13 vs. 296 in 10/11).
*Her career A/TO is currently 2.02 with her current career totals, but projected to finish at 2.22 and 3.88 for this season.
Good to see you point out the ratio between Kelly's steals to turnovers. It's not a ratio that is mentioned by many people but it can be thought of as a purer ratio than assists/turnovers since you are showing the times you took the ball from the other team against the times you gave the ball away.

If I remember correctly, bruinball, you were one of the few who seemed to care about the BRATS stat I bring up every year. Kelly is averaging 13.1 this year. Kelly has averaged 10.2 in each of her last 2 years so she's improved her floor game by almost 30% this year. In general it's harder to average double figures in BRATS than it is in scoring.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. On the rebounds being lower this year - it is probably a direct result of her becoming more of a perimeter player - she was playing more at the 4 previously, but with with the freshmen and sophs taking over that position, she is not as likely to be in great position for rebounds.
I agree. With Stewart, Stokes and Tuck available to play the power forward, Kelly has been more perimeter-oriented. I'm thrilled she's making the most of her opportunities to showcase the other skills we haven't had a chance to see since she's been playing out of position most of her career.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I agree. With Stewart, Stokes and Tuck available to play the power forward, Kelly has been more perimeter-oriented. I'm thrilled she's making the most of her opportunities to showcase the other skills we haven't had a chance to see since she's been playing out of position most of her career.
And she's done so with a smile....well straight face ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agreed. Great to see her out of the 4 spot and playing the 2-3 spots. It's good for her and it's good for UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom