Kelis Fisher commits to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kelis Fisher commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Geno starting to build for the future in case he isn't here? I thought Allie was early for us, but this is totally unexpected for UConn. Still, I love it.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Went back to look at Kelis twitter to see what offers she had received, up to her UConn commitment. Somewhat amazing that the only UConn mention was after this tweet on 8/22. She thanked UConn on her unofficial visit on 10/23 with pics of the team and Geno. Is it me, or does UConn tend to stay quiet on things, and in the same vein, recruits tend to do the same?

Thanks y'all. I knew about schools not being able to comment on recruits until the NLI was signed, and my comment here was unfortunately vague. What I meant to say, is that the only mention of UConn by Kelis was after she posted this list of offers, not any mention by UConn. And then I conflated a few thoughts into my comment on UConn staying quiet. Oy.

Reaction Score
Thanks y'all. I knew about schools not being able to comment on recruits until the NLI was signed, and my comment here was unfortunately vague. What I meant to say, is that the only mention of UConn by Kelis was after she posted this list of offers, not any mention by UConn. And then I conflated a few thoughts into my comment on UConn staying quiet. Oy.
All I saw in that tweet is that SHE CHOSE US OVER HARVARD!!!!!

Take that, Crimson!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Here's what I find in the NCAA bylaws (emphasis mine)

13.10 Publicity.

13.10.1 Publicity Before Commitment.

13.10.1.1 Comments Before Commitment.
Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid or before the institution receives the prospective student-athlete's financial deposit in response to its offer of admission, an institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete. The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete's ability or the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete committing to or signing with that institution. [D] (Revised: 1/19/13 effective 8/1/13)
Recruitment is specified, but I think offered is a step too far for NCAA compliance? Certainly have never seen any school confirm that they have offered a scholarship (or deny it either.)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Recruitment is specified, but I think offered is a step too far for NCAA compliance? Certainly have never seen any school confirm that they have offered a scholarship (or deny it either.)
The first time I heard this it was in the context of someone (e.g., reporter) asking a coach about it and what could they say in response.

I've never heard this actually happen, either.

Reaction Score
T
That is a very diverse list she had going. Delaware State and North Florida along with Harvard? Seems like this one will be set for some interesting convos with amari!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be putting Page off that chart so quick, making the mooney she does at UCONN, she might want to play Azzi's sr year!
I'm hoping for that too. She has had two seasons adversely affected by injuries and could get a national championship of course next year, but when we thought there would be three years of Paige and Azzi making up one of the greatest backcourts ever, I imagine Paige, Azzi and most Uconn fans assumed a championship would be part of their legacy.

Now the window of opportunity is relatively short, so I could see Paige coming back if it doesn't happen next year, and maybe even if it does. To a certain extent recruiting for all schools is complicated by so many players considering the extra Covid option year. A high school recruit may project their probability for playing time in their first year, and then find it severely altered by the unanticipated return of a very good player.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All I saw in that tweet is that SHE CHOSE US OVER HARVARD!!!!!

Take that, Crimson!
57722383.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member