Keepin' Up With Lil Sis: Hana Muhl | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Keepin' Up With Lil Sis: Hana Muhl

Reaction Score
this video is generally against top competition. She's an accomplished player against top competition, but she plays on a weak squad. She is quick. We get to see more defense, particularly some nice steals. PG defense is a UConn requirement; I'd like to see more. She can play at Uconn's level; I'm not sure about as a starter.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Agata Makurat was a captain of her U16 team and was MVP of the league championships which her team won.. Quite the resemblance. Now she moves up to the "big girls" league.

1601823027414.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both Hana and Agata look and move a lot like their sisters. They are easy to pick out in the videos. Recognizing that the Europeans generally attend secondary school until age 19, what class(es) will they be in, 2023? Keep in mind that Hana is listed at about 5'7", about 2-3" shorter than Nika, and Agata is already 6'1", roughly as tall as Anna. To continue the alliteration, if we get Hana, we would have Darko's Daughters.

On the subject of good young European players, here's one who has been cited a little in the recruiting threads, Juste Jocyte. She could be the best player ever out of Europe. She's still 14 and plays up by several years. She keeps the alliteration going (JJ). How good is she? She made the Lithuanian Senior National Team at age 13. Just watch!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe the foreign recruitment was born out of necessity with Anna, after a few recruiting misses, but now it has opened up a potentially promising new frontier. While Uconn has major domestic competitors and famous coaches, on the foreign front to young girls they are the gold standard.

Uconn was late on Nika. She already had narrowed her list to 4. Apparently Uconn's interest was derived by the fact there were good teams on that list, and it sounds like they concluded if these teams are recruiting her maybe we should take a look. When they did, she added Uconn to the list and very soon committed, which makes it appear like when Uconn got involved it was game over.

The reaction to a Uconn offer from overseas seems to be "OMG I can't believe it". In some ways I think we could be more dominant recruiting there than here, because there it seems like the perception is there is Uconn and everyone else is a major rung down.

Going forward I hope we make the search for foreign players a high priority, not game-plan B or C. More proactive, because we apparently have a real edge there. That edge will be even greater if foreign players see Anna and Nika succeeding in the program and making the cultural adjustments etc.
UConn may especially have an advantage with players whose sisters play and do well for UConn.

Reaction Score
Only fair to give equal time to Agata Makurat. Very interesting.

Wow. Gets her shots off fast, throws great long outlet passes as well as shorter passes inside to cutters, and makes looooong three's. What's not to like. Seems like the prototype "positionless" player, from point guard to inside.

Reaction Score

I would not use that site unless it is the only available option, although they would have to have another source for their information. The boxscore I linked is from the Croatian Basketball Federation page and indicates that Hana was a starter. The people who handle certain countries are actually pretty good and known international basketball media, but there are other places with very little coverage of any quality and some of the site is just automated.

For example, right now UConn's starting center is listed as Miami freshman Paula Fraile. Duke's starting lineup has Sara Anastasieska listed twice and then three other players who could not be considered probable starters at this time and their portraits are not all right.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Anna is listed at 6’2” on this year’s roster.

We could, in 2022, have a 1,2&3 on the court togther who are 6'3" (Caroline Ducharme) 6'2(Makurat), 6'2(Poffenbarger),

Reaction Score
I believe the foreign recruitment was born out of necessity with Anna, after a few recruiting misses, but now it has opened up a potentially promising new frontier. While Uconn has major domestic competitors and famous coaches, on the foreign front to young girls they are the gold standard.

Uconn was late on Nika. She already had narrowed her list to 4. Apparently Uconn's interest was derived by the fact there were good teams on that list, and it sounds like they concluded if these teams are recruiting her maybe we should take a look. When they did, she added Uconn to the list and very soon committed, which makes it appear like when Uconn got involved it was game over.

The reaction to a Uconn offer from overseas seems to be "OMG I can't believe it". In some ways I think we could be more dominant recruiting there than here, because there it seems like the perception is there is Uconn and everyone else is a major rung down.

Going forward I hope we make the search for foreign players a high priority, not game-plan B or C. More proactive, because we apparently have a real edge there. That edge will be even greater if foreign players see Anna and Nika succeeding in the program and making the cultural adjustments etc.

Reaction Score
This thread would be complete if Aaliyah Edwards also had a "little" sister. ;)

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Uconn is interested in either Hana or Agata and what recruiting class or classes they would be in?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I really love the way Hana plays, and I don't think height would be an issue. Just like a running back, she can sneak in and get the job done. She shows that she can pass like Nika, she shows that she can finish at the hoop. My question is that although she can shoot the 3 pointer, and as I said she can drive, will she? For her to be a POI for UConn I believe she has to have the mentality to make her own offence part of her game. IMHO she has to be this player in order for UConn to actively recruit her, showing more than Nika has shown us this past year. Regarding Nika, I have loved her from the beginning and think she should be a starter next year. Her playing time will be determined by her freshman to sophomore progress, not her shooting ability, but her mental block of not shooting. I would find it impossible if she didn't know that this part of her game could make her PT lessen. She is very intelligent and I can't wait to see her summer progress, because I know she will respond and become a much more involved player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not to brag...but, I recall posting a few years ago when we had 'poor' time recruiting that there was a reason for Geno running all over Poland...it was to recruit Anna (my favorite). It was a great move by a great coach. It kind of helped establish a UConn-European alliance. I am certain that will give us an edge in our international recruiting. Coach has sharp mindset & I am certain that we will get the right kids because of that.
Things are getting tougher as women's basketball increases in popularity.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not to brag...but, I recall posting a few years ago when we had 'poor' time recruiting that there was a reason for Geno running all over Poland...it was to recruit Anna (my favorite). It was a great move by a great coach. It kind of helped establish a UConn-European alliance. I am certain that will give us an edge in our international recruiting. Coach has sharp mindset & I am certain that we will get the right kids because of that.
Things are getting tougher as women's basketball increases in popularity.
Don't let Jose know that Geno is going to have the edge in International recruiting. Geno has already taken two of his top recruits Anna and Nika over the past couple of years. Both Anna and Nika had USF as one of their choices to attend before UConn swept in and pulled the rug out from under everyone. I just hope that both Anna and Nika give their sisters glowing reports about UConn, the coaching staff, and the players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom