OT: - Keep it real...should Boeheim retire? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Keep it real...should Boeheim retire?

Reaction Score
I remember John Cheney's final years were kind of rough, this reminds me of that. He has too much juice to dogtrack him now, but it's time.
Cheney kind of lost it at the end there if I remember correctly. Didn't he, and I quote him, "send out some goons" to do some serious damage to a kid on an opposing team and threaten Calipiri's life another time?

Anyway, I am one of the rare UConn fans who actually does not mind Jimmy B. Always found him kind of dry and sarcastic, sort of whimsical at times with the faces and I found it a little endearing. But, with that said, I think his time to hang it up has arrived. He will be remembered as a legend, all biases and cheering interests aside.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe he'd leave before Buddy's done, but if he's losing the fans can he last two and a half more years? The "crowd" wasn't up to the old days for a big game and it was strangely quiet even when the game was still competitive. Almost like they're resigned to losing.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My dad, who is in his mid 60s, was a walk on at Syracuse back in the day and he told me Boeheim was an assistant coach when he was there
He was coaching at Cuse BEFORE THE BIG EAST EXISTED. His longevity is truly mind boggling

Reaction Score
He should have retired the moment Hopkins told him he was leaving. Instead, the Cuse is faced with the brutal reality that we faced, with an even emptier cupboard. They are two hires away from being relevant. Watching it play out is hilarious.

Reaction Score
Cheney kind of lost it at the end there if I remember correctly. Didn't he, and I quote him, "send out some goons" to do some serious damage to a kid on an opposing team and threaten Calipiri's life another time?

Anyway, I am one of the rare UConn fans who actually does not mind Jimmy B. Always found him kind of dry and sarcastic, sort of whimsical at times with the faces and I found it a little endearing. But, with that said, I think his time to hang it up has arrived. He will be remembered as a legend, all biases and cheering interests aside.

Yes, but Cheney sent in the "goons" against Dook, so it was OK.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think everyone should support Jim Beoheim staying there as long as he wants. The man is legend in pluck and grit. Syracuse fans should be ashamed of themselves, absolutely ashamed, if they support kicking this man to the curb after all he has done for their program. He has worked his finger to the bone for that program.

Reaction Score
How about, like any other coach, as long as he runs a winning program he remains at the helm. The number of years you have on any job should not be relevant. How you do that job is.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
fleecing the program, more NCAA infractions than any other active coach. Caught magic in the bottle with Melo, who he let blaze and break all the rules.
best one sentence hoops bio ever! lol.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the question is, "Is this 2015?", then the answer is yes.

If no, then he needs to stay right were he is until Hurley is the only name on consequence north of Philadelphia.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Syracuse, he's earned the right to stay as long as he wants. They wouldn't have the guts to fire him.

Let's hope he decides to stick around for a few more years. They are where we were a few years ago. Can't coach, can't win, can't recruit. I'm enjoying the dumpster fire in upstate NY. Their fans are misreable and they absolutely hate that we are finally getting back to where we once were.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He was coaching at Cuse BEFORE THE BIG EAST EXISTED. His longevity is truly mind boggling
Before that, he was shooting 3s for the Scranton Miners against the Hartford Capitals in the Bloomfield HS gym.

I give him some points for seeming to have always been a Calhoun loyalist, but will always wish that he'd finish with fewer D1 victories than JC.

Reaction Score
I would expect Boeheim to stay until Buddy hits the transfer portal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would expect Boeheim to stay until Buddy hits the transfer portal.
"That's it Dad! I'm out of here."

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They are where we were a few years ago. Can't coach, can't win, can't recruit.
He can definitely still coach – second half of last season with a pretty crappy team showed as much.

The rest of your assessment is spot on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom