OT: - Keep it real...should Boeheim retire? | The Boneyard

OT: Keep it real...should Boeheim retire?

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
No bs. But I grew up with Calhoun, Carneseca, Thompson,etc all of which are long gone. I have to admit the mixed feelings I have watching the old booger picking whiner go out. This last game vs. Iowa was a horrible watch and they have no one remotely athletic or entertaining

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Eh....let him stay forever. It's entertaining to watch what's happening to that program.
I get this. The slow plunge in to senility has been magical on the recruiting trail and I’m the post-game interviews. I never want to run out of moments like Boeheim literally falling asleep in that random gym.

...but in a basketball sense, dude has got to go. Hell, retire right now while Cuse is low. Let’s see who bites on this allegedly top-flight position. That’ll be plenty entertaining for us to watch.

Reaction Score
I just watched the second half against Iowa although i didn’t pay close attention. All I saw from Syracuse was a silly zone, no energy, and no obvious talent to be concerned with.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Nope, he should coach there until they wheel him out in a chair and have an assistant change his depends.
Just have him stay on as some sort of figure head like Penn State did with Joe Pa

Reaction Score
I just watched the second half against Iowa although i didn’t pay close attention. All I saw from Syracuse was a silly zone, no energy, and no obvious talent to be concerned with.
4 minutes into the second half and it wasn’t even competitive

Reaction Score
It's interesting, I went over to their forum to get some perspective, and some of their posters suggest they have been falling towards this for the past 5 years. Am I wrong to think that their downward spiral correlates with their destruction of the Old Big East. Almost like they shot themselves in the foot.

Reaction Score
fleecing the program, more NCAA infractions than any other active coach. Caught magic in the bottle with Melo, who he let blaze and break all the rules.

caw

Reaction Score
have to think he stays until Buddy graduates at least, if he can.

Reaction Score
It's interesting, I went over to their forum to get some perspective, and some of their posters suggest they have been falling towards this for the past 5 years. Am I wrong to think that their downward spiral correlates with their destruction of the Old Big East. Almost like they shot themselves in the foot.
But but but final four in 2016 or whatever it was

Reaction Score

no doubt, they were gifted a few tourney apperances because they were in the ACC, but the handwriting has been on the wall for awhile, not only for Cuse but obviously Pitt and ND

Reaction Score
have to think he stays until Buddy graduates at least, if he can.
He was 2/10 for 7 points, 1 rebound, 3 assists, 2 TOs

you just hate to see it

So you say Boeheim coaches until he’s 78? That’s crazy to think about, dude is coaching kids who could be his grandkids (do they call Buddy “Unc”?)

Reactions: caw

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
fleecing the program, more NCAA infractions than any other active coach. Caught magic in the bottle with Melo, who he let blaze and break all the rules.

He’s not leaving willingly until Buddy graduates and you don’t fire a Jim Boeheim after one bad year.

But as for fleecing that program...no. They can’t pay him for everything he’s done for the school.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Cuse is awful right now. I still give them a 70% chance to go dancing because of how the bar is for ACC teams. May even get an at large with a losing record.
They going to have to wheel JB out of there in a body bag.

Reaction Score
Boeheim whether you like him or not(I don’t like him because of all the old big east battles with us and jus the plain rivalry) he’s earned the decision on when to hang it up. His name is on the floor of the Carrier Dome for Pete’s sake and he’s still coaching.

Reaction Score
My dad, who is in his mid 60s, was a walk on at Syracuse back in the day and he told me Boeheim was an assistant coach when he was there

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I remember John Cheney's final years were kind of rough, this reminds me of that. He has too much juice to dogtrack him now, but it's time.

Reaction Score
I won’t be at all surprised if he manages a respectful season in the end. He’s a great coach. Not what he once was, but still good enough to turn things around quite a bit.

Reaction Score
I want Hughes as a grad transfer after the season. Regardless of need, just so we can take the last D1 player from their team.

Reaction Score
Honestly? His game has NO place in transitioning players to the NBA. It's all passed him by. Every year he stays is more for his own ego and less for the players that commit to going there. He's basically Pete Carril.
Completely agree. Also if you're a big time recruit why would you go play for a guy who throws his own kids under the bus? I was never a big fan but that made me lose even more respect for booger boy.

Reaction Score
Legend states that Boeheim has been known to snooZzze through the Super Bowl every year, that and the half time of every Cuse game. They just aren’t that exciting anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom