Keep an eye on this AD search....... | The Boneyard

Keep an eye on this AD search.......

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this is... not good.

Reaction Score
I like AD David Benedict and hope he stays but I think it is fair to say that we are in a situation that no AD can fix right now. We need to win in our major sports and bring the fans back to the Rent while we wait for tv deals to end. If he leaves, it probably won't hurt too much at this point. Whoever replaces him needs to know basketball inside out....there may be a big task to handle in the next year or two.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If this happens then our last two AD's will have moved on to Michigan and Auburn. We will have no shortage of quality candidates. This isn't FB.

Reaction Score
Look at the bright side. You can bet a home and home for Auburn vs UConn football is pretty much a given.

AD Dave's way of saying "Sorry but I had to go.".

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone would be surprised if he left. Like the other former AD, he likely has the position in waiting and has just been using his time at UConn to hone his resume. Maybe UConn can invite the ex Louisville AD to come on board. We know that he is capable of getting a school to the P5.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone would be surprised if he left. Like the other former AD, he likely has the position in waiting and has just been using his time at UConn to hone his resume. Maybe UConn can invite the ex Louisville AD to come on board. We know that he is capable of getting a school to the P5.

Please elaborate on why you think the baggage from his fallout at UL would not hinder the standing of our athletic department and be used as ammunition against us.

Reaction Score
Like everybody else, I wouldn't be shocked if he left if given the option, but I do think we have some things working in our favor:
1) he has a young family and there's something to be said for raising your kids in CT as opposed to Alabama
2) Auburn may want someone with no ties to the school to show they are moving in a new direction
3) Beth Goetz has done a lot of good in here by all accounts in her time here so far, so I'd be confident with her in charge if he were to leave

I think it's obvious he won't be here long, but I think we may be safe here.

Reaction Score
Like everybody else, I wouldn't be shocked if he left if given the option, but I do think we have some things working in our favor:
1) he has a young family and there's something to be said for raising your kids in CT as opposed to Alabama
2) Auburn may want someone with no ties to the school to show they are moving in a new direction
3) Beth Goetz has done a lot of good in here by all accounts in her time here so far, so I'd be confident with her in charge if he were to leave

I think it's obvious he won't be here long, but I think we may be safe here.

LOL @ thinking his kids wouldn’t be in good Alabama schools as AD at Clemson.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Athletic Director from Syracuse (Coyle) took that job last year. Goetz then came to UConn
Oh I thought that job recently opened. Maybe a different school in her past.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but as much as I hope he stays I won't be worried if he leaves. That's an upward move, and as a few posters have mentioned that would be 2 in a row making an upward move. That alone would catch the eye of candidates, before getting into the massive upside of the job.

Being the AD who got UConn into a P5 conference would certainly be intruiging to me. And of course there's just as much chance that same intruige would apply to AD David Benedict as well

Reaction Score
DB is only taking that job if he gets assurances behind closed doors that Auburn is only getting a slap on the wrist once the Adidas guy tells all to the FBI. Keep in mind Lashlee was OC and he was operations director when all this crap was going on. DB or Lashlee might not want to go near Auburn University. We don't really know what's going to happen once the investigation at Louisville, Auburn, Arizona and USC plays out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom