Katz tweets about Uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Katz tweets about Uconn

Reaction Score
It shows me how bad the AAC is this year that the worst team we've had in 30 years can still be fourth in this conference.
I agree, but what worries me is how some very influential posters still think the AAC is the place to stay. A poster a few days ago, and a board monitor at that tried to convince me that in men's hoops the AAC is only inferior to the ACC, but is marginally better than the big 12, PAC 10, and is except for Kentucky, the equal of the SEC. I was flabbergasted. He also had many defenders, mostly older gentlemen, I think. Lol

Reaction Score
I agree, but what worries me is how some very influential posters still think the AAC is the place to stay. A poster a few days ago, and a board monitor at that tried to convince me that in men's hoops the AAC is only inferior to the ACC, but is marginally better than the big 12, PAC 10, and is except for Kentucky, the equal of the SEC. I was flabbergasted. He also had many defenders, mostly older gentlemen, I think. Lol
I think what the individual meant was that the problem with UConn basketball this year has nothing to do with conference affiliation. Whether one is young or old, as long as one has vision, what one sees on the basketball court is what one sees. It has nothing to do with conference affiliation. No one thinks the AAC is the place to stay, but it is where UConn is for the foreseeable future, so it is imperative that UConn succeeds in this conference. Right now, only two members of the AAC, Cinci and SMU could probably compete in any conference in the country. If a couple more AAC schools, such as UConn, for one, can ever improve its basketball team performance, then you will see the AAC getting more respect. As far as being in fourth place, the season isn't over and UConn will face at least 3 more teams as significant underdogs. Fourth or fifth place is not guaranteed. Also, I don't think this is the worst team "we've" had in thirty years. These guys are trying their best with limited reserve and they have not quit.

Reaction Score
I think what the individual meant was that the problem with UConn basketball this year has nothing to do with conference affiliation. Whether one is young or old, as long as one has vision, what one sees on the basketball court is what one sees. It has nothing to do with conference affiliation. No one thinks the AAC is the place to stay, but it is where UConn is for the foreseeable future, so it is imperative that UConn succeeds in this conference. Right now, only two members of the AAC, Cinci and SMU could probably compete in any conference in the country. If a couple more AAC schools, such as UConn, for one, can ever improve its basketball team performance, then you will see the AAC getting more respect. As far as being in fourth place, the season isn't over and UConn will face at least 3 more teams as significant underdogs. Fourth or fifth place is not guaranteed. Also, I don't think this is the worst team "we've" had in thirty years. These guys are trying their best with limited reserve and they have not quit.
I could see his point and logic (he is certainly passionate about his Huskies) about the drop in TV revenues for the AAC if UCONN jumped to the NBE. but just couldn't buy his overall estimate of the league's strength in men's basketball, which I thought was way out there, and his assertion that if UCONN jumped to the NBE in all sports except football (which would stay in the AAC), then the entire AAC league would implode and UCONN football would be dead and the other football schools in some trouble. This would all happen if one men's b-ball team left. Keep in mind also that he was trying to make his case by making two conflicting points. That also bothered me.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
KO in Post-season tournaments that matter (AAC/NCAAs):

2014: (2-1; 6-0)
2015: (3-1; N/A)
2016: (3-0; 1-1)

In every case he performed better than expectation of the team's seed.

I don't think they're going to win the AAC, but I do think they can have a good run in them.

Well we've never failed to reach the championship game. I'd like to see that continue. Fatigue is an issue, but our guys have been playing fatigued for weeks. If either SMU or Cinci takes an early loss, the tournament is wide open.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Young Padawan, do not be worried. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the force are they.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom