Katz tweets about Uconn | The Boneyard

Katz tweets about Uconn

Reaction Score
Kind of...

Not a huge fan of him but he tells the truth here:

Time for a little reset: Indiana has been crushed by injuries this season. The worst one was losing OG Anunoby, arguably one of their best players if not their top NBA-level talent. The Hoosiers are 2-5 since he was lost for the season. The Hoosiers did beat Kansas and North Carolina earlier in the season, even though IU didn't have their full roster. Who knows what could have happened to this team had it been healthy all season. This isn't an excuse but just the facts. They haven't had all their players they thought they would have had at the beginning of the season. The same thing happened at UConn. Hard to judge the Huskies this season when they didn't get a chance to play with the roster they thought at the start of the season.

Uconn, St, Joes and Indiana are three teams that have been devastated by injury.

Reaction Score
What he said is obviously true. If we had Gilbert and Larrier, we would be a lot better than 12-12 at this point and thats just fact. I know people point to the Wagner and Northeastern losses when we were at full strength, and that is a fair criticism. Im still shocked we lost those games. Things were looking really bad when Gilbert and Larrier went out, but the fact that this team can now move into fourth place in the league with a win vs Memphis on Thursday just shows the fight in these guys. Its still a tall order for this team to make the tournament and a lot of people have written this season off, but I am trying to look at this season with a glass half full perspective. Thats the way I approached the 2012-2013 season when we were facing the ban, but this season is far from over and lets hope we are playing at our best come the AAC Tournament.

Reaction Score
Uconn has a slight shot at this, lets see if they can stay healthy now. Of course I am also realistic and think it is a long shot, but trying to remain positive. That 0-2 start hurts, especially Wagner but I think Uconn was still gelling whereas Wagner was older and more experienced with more time playing together. When Northeastern beat MSU I did not feel as bad about that loss. But still, tough hole to crawl out of just the same.

Reaction Score
The Committee does give weight to how you're playing at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
The hidden blessing of Larrier and Gilbert going down was that it gave guys like Vital, Jackson, and Facey a chance to show what they could do.

I'm not a huge fan of Larrier's game based on what I've seen so far, but he's clearly a talent who could have been a serious player if he put it all together. I think his injury will hurt us next season more than it did this year.

Gilbert is the big blow. This is a different team with him healthy, completely different.

Reaction Score
I like how the remaining players (outside of a certain two and even than, one of those two has been solid the past two games) have developed as the year has gone on. I guess if you can find a silver lining, that is it.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
The hidden blessing of Larrier and Gilbert going down was that it gave guys like Vital, Jackson, and Facey a chance to show what they could do.

I'm not a huge fan of Larrier's game based on what I've seen so far, but he's clearly a talent who could have been a serious player if he put it all together. I think his injury will hurt us next season more than it did this year.

Gilbert is the big blow. This is a different team with him healthy, completely different.
Your crazy bro, Larrier is legit, would of been our best player/pro prospect had he played this year. You'll see the light come November, just thinking about the talent next year, outside of a few ? w/ the 4 and 5 were pretty freakin stacked, it'll be a good year

Reaction Score
Uconn has a slight shot at this, lets see if they can stay healthy now. Of course I am also realistic and think it is a long shot, but trying to remain positive. That 0-2 start hurts, especially Wagner but I think Uconn was still gelling whereas Wagner was older and more experienced with more time playing together. When Northeastern beat MSU I did not feel as bad about that loss. But still, tough hole to crawl out of just the same.
Shot at what?

Reaction Score
Shot at what?

That post made it sound like we have some sort of shot at getting an at large bid. We're where we've been since game two of the season, where winning the conference tournament is our only shot. It's still a long shot, and I'm not holding my breath, but we have a puncher's chance if everything falls right for this team

Reaction Score
Your crazy bro, Larrier is legit, would of been our best player/pro prospect had he played this year. You'll see the light come November, just thinking about the talent next year, outside of a few ? w/ the 4 and 5 were pretty freakin stacked, it'll be a good year

Not at all with you on the best player part, Adams is the guy and should be the guy.

Reaction Score
Give UConn men's basketball 3 must-win games in 3 days at the XL Center in the month of March, and anything can happen.
We've seen crazier things happen.
KO in Post-season tournaments that matter (AAC/NCAAs):

2014: (2-1; 6-0)
2015: (3-1; N/A)
2016: (3-0; 1-1)

In every case he performed better than expectation of the team's seed.

I don't think they're going to win the AAC, but I do think they can have a good run in them.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
When Northeastern beat MSU I did not feel as bad about that loss.
The thing that makes me feel worst about the Northeastern loss is that we didn't recruit Jeremy Miller. Gonna be the player of the year in that conference next season.

Not at all with you on the best player part, Adams is the guy and should be the guy.
Amen.

Reaction Score

I think having Durham playing now will show dividends. I know he's just a freshman and can make mistakes and TO's but it's weird how he can change the dynamic of a game just by coming in and standing around.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Have yet to beat anyone of note. This isn't the BE of old where if you finish in the top half of the confernece you are a defacto good team worthy of an at-large bid.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

I agree 100%. Often I would think in some way, it is easier for Ollie to coach. Meaning a handful of players getting them to play together, Larrier didn't impress me the first two games. Yes he scored but seemed lost out there, What do you expect from a freshman. I have said early in the season I cannot wait until next year to see this team play. Now I cannot wait to see what Ollie is going to do with Jackson and Vital. You can tell the experience these two players are getting is showing much improvement. It will be interesting.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
His leadership is amazing. Thinking about how he grabbed Vitals face , looked him the eye and gave him guidance. Adams did the same thing last year. Most of the time Ollie gave him some pine time. In fact I thought he yelled at Purvis also.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
His leadership is amazing. Thinking about how he grabbed Vitals face , looked him the eye and gave him guidance. Adams did the same thing last year. Most of the time Ollie gave him some pine time. In fact I thought he yelled at Purvis also.

Reaction Score
I think his injury will hurt us next season more than it did this year.
See I was thinking just the opposite. Before the year I really wondered how they would all gel certainly, but more than anything I was curious to see who would take up the mantle of being "the guy". Had Terry been healthy all season I think we would have seen a struggle back and forth of the two of them trying to be the alpha. Now it's cemented that this is Jalen's team, as it should be, and Terry, I hope, will work well as a complimentary weapon who'll be able to take some of the scoring pressure off Jalen when we do need a bucket.

Reaction Score
Have yet to beat anyone of note. This isn't the BE of old where if you finish in the top half of the confernece you are a defacto good team worthy of an at-large bid.

I don't think anyone expects this team to get an at large, even if we win out the regular season.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Things were looking really bad when Gilbert and Larrier went out, but the fact that this team can now move into fourth place in the league with a win vs Memphis on Thursday just shows the fight in these guys.
It shows me how bad the AAC is this year that the worst team we've had in 30 years can still be fourth in this conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom