Katz: Top 10 Conferences | The Boneyard

Katz: Top 10 Conferences

Reaction Score
"Villanova and Creighton," Katz said. "Two Final Four contenders. Behind them, Xavier's played great. Right now, you could argue Providence, Seton Hall and Marquette are all right there together into the NCAA tournament."

Uh... I'm thinking he forgot someone...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Villanova and Creighton," Katz said. "Two Final Four contenders. Behind them, Xavier's played great. Right now, you could argue Providence, Seton Hall and Marquette are all right there together into the NCAA tournament."

Play and win games and these things take care of themselves.

Reaction Score
Listen I hate the AAC as much as the next guy, but it’s a top 10 conference.
Doesn't even make sense with his stated criteria:
"I'm putting heavy emphasis on the top of each conference," Katz said. "And with that, I mean, you'll see here, there are a couple teams, notably one team, that carry the weight of their conference."

Houston is a top 5-10 team.

Reaction Score

He's right so far. Creighton, although by the slimmest of margins, was a huge loss overall for a team like ours in the middle of the pack. And we aren't playing any games to make anyone think otherwise at this point. Not like we've proven to be anything other than that Top 45 team some predicted. Should be playing more games, but it starts again tonight then what another week off? Ridiculous.

But tonight is almost a must win already, it really is.

Reaction Score
Dude just forgot about the AAC. That’s probably worse than intentionally leaving them out.

Editor's note: Katz emailed us right after this was published with a mea culpa. He meant to include the American Athletic Conference, led by Houston at 7-0 and No. 5 in the AP Poll. "Bad on my part!" Katz said.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Dude just forgot about the AAC. That’s probably worse than intentionally leaving them out.

Editor's note: Katz emailed us right after this was published with a mea culpa. He meant to include the American Athletic Conference, led by Houston at 7-0 and No. 5 in the AP Poll. "Bad on my part!" Katz said.
That’s horrendous journalism, like he didn’t even try and doesn’t really care... “my bad bro”. He remembered the Missouri Valley Conference but not the American? Yikes. The conference needs a better marketing team.

Reaction Score
That’s horrendous journalism, like he didn’t even try and doesn’t really care... “my bad bro”. He remembered the Missouri Valley Conference but not the American? Yikes. The conference needs a better marketing team.

And Houston is 7-1 now too! LOL

Reaction Score

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Reaction Score

Exactly, it makes it so much worse. Most people have no clue the AAC even exists.

Reaction Score
Listen I hate the AAC as much as the next guy, but it’s a top 10 conference.
i'm 100% with you but it still says something about the conference that this guy forgot to put them in his top 10 lol

Reaction Score
That’s a really careless move by Katz. These guys are all so interested in flooding internet with content they don’t even check their work for mistakes. Doesn’t take long to scroll through list of conferences so this type of embarrassing omission doesn’t take place.

Reaction Score
Was looking at the AAC rankings on KenPom the other day:

10 - Houston
49 - SMU
63 - Memphis
76 - Cincinnati
84 - Tulsa
93 - UCF
95 - Wichita State
100 - USF
122 - ECU
150 - Temple
203 - Tulane

Woof.

Reaction Score
Why aren't there games like that in the Big East.
because the only noteworthy games played between schools from TX and OK exist in the Big12 that's why. do you realize how much entertainment you provide? i love that leaving the aac bothers you so much and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Reaction Score
Any ranking that puts the Missouri Valley in the top 10 is a joke. Putting the WCC and the MWC there too is a huge joke. Ignoring the AAC with 2 top 20 teams is utter incompetence. And trying to rank anything with few inter league games an some teams having played fewer than 4-5 games is a fools errand.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Any ranking that puts the Missouri Valley in the top 10 is a joke. Putting the WCC and the MWC there too is a huge joke. Ignoring the AAC with 2 top 20 teams is utter incompetence. And trying to rank anything with few inter league games an some teams having played fewer than 4-5 games is a fools errand.
maybe he is trolling the AAC? His response was hilarious.

Reaction Score
Exactly, it makes it so much worse. Most people have no clue the AAC even exists.
Objectively, the AAC is not a good basketball conference. They have very little NCAA Tournament success, and the teams rarely reach the second weekend. They get zero respect from the selection committee, and are always under seeded. If you take out UConn's NCAA Tournament wins as part of the conference, the AAC's NCAA Tournament record as a whole is absolutely putrid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom