Katz interviewing Bill Clinton | The Boneyard

Katz interviewing Bill Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Katz just interviewed Clinton during the Nova Louisville game. He said he can understand why UConn, Syracuse and Louisville want to leave and he talked about how it's sad that this is the last of the Big East tournament, said if you like the sport this is the best it has to offer. You can tell he's a big fan, actually knew his stuff. Please no politics.

Reaction Score
Just one more reason I admire Bill Clinton. He is very candid and I appreciate him telling it to one of the biggest offenders in all of this C.R.ap!... ESPN. A lot of great and some budding rivalries will be lost and the big east tournament was where many of the rivalries culminated....when a conference championship and high NCAA seed was on the line. Sad to see it torn apart.

Reaction Score
Clinton always has been and always will be a charmer. Perfect spot for him to do a quick interview. He came across very personable and really displayed his fandom. It kind of pissed me off he lumped us in with Cuse and the Ville and said he understood why we were leaving for the football media money. I know he just assumed we would be leaving considering we have been the biggest name in the Big East for the last decade or so. I'd love to be leaving, but unfortunately we're the ones being left Bil

Reaction Score
We're not so much leaving - feels more like being demoted to what was Conference USA (minus UofL).

Reaction Score
I'm a Republican, but I have kind of grown fond of the guy. Good to hear that UConn is in his thoughts.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
He's a big Jim Calhoun and UConn fan. Wish our AD had gone through with the plan to have JC call up Clinton to lobby Shalala for us. I wonder why it was called off?

Reaction Score
Katz just interviewed Clinton during the Nova Louisville game. He said he can understand why UConn, Syracuse and Louisville want to leave and he talked about how it's sad that this is the last of the Big East tournament, said if you like the sport this is the best it has to offer. You can tell he's a big fan, actually knew his stuff. Please no politics.
A politician schmoozing? I'm shocked.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure there is footage of Clinton taking pictures with Kemba after the Syracuse game in the Big East semis in 2011...

Reaction Score
Pretty sure there is footage of Clinton taking pictures with Kemba after the Syracuse game in the Big East semis in 2011...

Bill+Clinton+East+Basketball+Tournament+Semifinals+0bdiPGsFQ7Ml.jpg

Reaction Score
We're not so much leaving - feels more like being demoted to what was Conference USA (minus UofL).

"Demoted" is one of many words that I can think of that would describe what the NCAA, the media and even some individual basketball coaches have "tried" to do to UConn basketball. If my understanding is correct we were even excluded from the media guide for The Big LEast Tournament. Somehow, somewhere, there is/are some people who think that, if they just put one more shovel of dirt, we will not only go away...we will stay away. I don't know what to expect from our new conference(America 12 or whatever) but I do know this. The DNA of UConn Men's Basketball is the same DNA of some Irish guy from greater Boston who loved being backed into a corner. Who viewed challenge as his life's blood. AND, who rubbed the noses of the naysayers(starting with "Puke and The Final Three") in their own words.

Now we have a coach who, in every way possible, is the son of this Irish guy from greater Boston. To all of the clowns with shovels...there is not enough dirt on the freakin' planet and we will be there EVERY TIME you look in the rear view mirror; and, we will take the hardware that you seem to think that you can deny us. So try to enjoy watching a great university and a great men's basketball program successfully climb the mountain AGAIN!

GO HUSKIES!!! SHABAZZ...YOUR PLACE IN 2013-2014 IS IN STORRS,CONNECTICUT(THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO DEANDRE AND RYAN)!!!

Reaction Score

nah, duckk him for pretending to care about that too. there was clearly a major political agenda behind his rooting interest in kemba

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who cares what Clinton says and it means nothing that JC is a admirer/friend - what do you expect JC to do - he's a liberal from Mass.
Who cares what college coaches say about politics and what politicians say about college sports or sports in general?
Look at what Geno did in the Htfrd Courant during 2102 election - writes a letter to the editor complaining about Romney stating that if Romney wins his mother will lose the right to vote because she doesn't have a PA drivers license!!!! Gee I remember her going to London for Olympics - did she stow away in the plane or maybe she has a passport, a passport allows you to vote. Nevermind London she has been to many games and Final Fours - she got on the plane some way.
Coaches, unless they are running should stay out of politics
Politicians need to stay out of sports - someone like Obama would be dangerous if allowed to infiltrate the NCAA (true, the NCAA is messed up already but Obama has killed this country IMO)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Politicians need to stay out of sports - someone like Obama would be dangerous if allowed to infiltrate the NCAA (true, the NCAA is messed up already but Obama has killed this country IMO)

Aw, man, you were doing so well too.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Who cares what Clinton says and it means nothing that JC is a admirer/friend - what do you expect JC to do - he's a liberal from Mass.
Who cares what college coaches say about politics and what politicians say about college sports or sports in general?
Look at what Geno did in the Htfrd Courant during 2102 election - writes a letter to the editor complaining about Romney stating that if Romney wins his mother will lose the right to vote because she doesn't have a PA drivers license!!!! Gee I remember her going to London for Olympics - did she stow away in the plane or maybe she has a passport, a passport allows you to vote. Nevermind London she has been to many games and Final Fours - she got on the plane some way.

Take it to the cesspool, keep the politics out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom