Katz: Boat & Purvis game-time decisions for tonight | The Boneyard

Katz: Boat & Purvis game-time decisions for tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What about Omar?

KO said yesterday he's already been cleared medically. I'm starting to get concerned if he doesn't play tonight or against Coppin State.

“Whatever Omar feels like he needs to do to get back on the court and feel 100 percent, I’m just waiting for him to give me that nod,” said Ollie. “I think the doctor’s already cleared him, it’s just mentally if Omar’s ready to get back on the court. I’m not in Omar’s head.”

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141204/yale-may-be-primed-for-upset-of-undermanned-uconn

Curiouser
Reaction Score
KO said yesterday he's already been cleared medically. I'm starting to get concerned if he doesn't play tonight or against Coppin State.

“Whatever Omar feels like he needs to do to get back on the court and feel 100 percent, I’m just waiting for him to give me that nod,” said Ollie. “I think the doctor’s already cleared him, it’s just mentally if Omar’s ready to get back on the court. I’m not in Omar’s head.”

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141204/yale-may-be-primed-for-upset-of-undermanned-uconn
Yeah, I saw that this morning and, although I'm trying hard not to read too much into one quote, it is troubling to me too when KO is saying that.

Reaction Score
I agree that the KO quote sounds problematic, but I am going to hold off on passing judgment about it being a coach-player problem. KO has previously said things that lead me to believe a player getting on the court during a game is mostly about them playing appropriately in practice. So I think maybe this means that although he's been cleared by the medical staff, he hasn't been bringing it in practice this week so KO doesn't feel strongly about giving him solid minutes

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If our only guard are Samuel and Cassell, I have some serious concerns.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

1) Thanks
2) Yikes

Curiouser
Reaction Score
“Whatever Omar feels like he needs to do to get back on the court and feel 100 percent..."

Maybe that's what Omar was doing out after curfew in Puerto Rico.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Well Boat's a nice guy for telling the media that Omar "looked like the old Omar" in practice. Because clearly not even Omar believes that to be the case.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well Boat's a nice guy for telling the media that Omar "looked like the old Omar" in practice. Because clearly not even Omar believes that to be the case.
I just think everyone reacts differently to the mental aspect of returning from injury, and no one else really knows what to do to help the guy who is trying to come back. If you read about Kevin Durant's first game back the other day, even he was saying that he had no idea how he would react mentally in a game situation and whether he would be favoring the injured foot, etc. Boat is obviously trying to support Omar and get his confidence and comfort level up. Sounds like KO is hinting at a little touch of the JC approach, which is a bit more assertive.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I have no trouble believing Omar might be wondering whether he'll be freshman Omar when he steps on the court. He's likely terrified he'll be sophomore Omar. It's not crazy.

Reaction Score
My buddy saw Boat walking on campus today. He didn't have crutches, but he did have a slight limp.

Reaction Score
First game back from a knee injury is a nerve wracking experience no matter what sport.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
First game back from a knee injury is a nerve wracking experience no matter what sport.

Ha, c'mon guy, it's a MCL sprain, let's not act like he just had reconstructive surgery to his knee.

Reaction Score
If our only guard are Samuel and Cassell, I have some serious concerns.
With a full squad I think there is concern - Yale is pretty good and we are not so good (yet).

A mediocre performance tonight could have very negative results.

Reaction Score
With a full squad I think there is concern - Yale is pretty good and we are not so good (yet).

Man, some posts really make me want to put my head through a wall. This is one.

Yes, with a full healthy lineup Yale is better then us. Yup, okay sure.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Man, some posts really make me want to put my head through a wall. This is one.

Yes, with a full healthy lineup Yale is better then us. Yup, okay sure.

Yeah...that was not a well thought out post.

If we are healthy, Yale has a <1% shot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah...that was not a well thought out post.

If we are healthy, Yale has a <1% shot.

Agreed, I assume he meant "without" a full squad there is concern. I don't think a loss is likely, but if no Boat, no Purvis and no Omar, we've got some problems. Walk-ons would need to play and Hamilton would need to score about 40.

Reaction Score

"very negative result" = loss

That's just downright terrible, we've never had one of those before.:eek:

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Omar had hip surgery and now a knee sprain + he knows that this years team
Definitely needs a contribution from him in order to be successful . Also , He hasnt really played in about two years ( and this years team definitely needs a contribution from him ) . He's under an extreme amount of pressure.

H

huskymagic

It's an MCL sprain not a tear... nobody expects much from Omar but now he is just making matters worse for himself because teammates will lose confidence in him. He more than anybody should have a hunger to play and prove himself too many excuses. We need to be seriously recruiting wing players for next year.

Reaction Score
I hear a bit of frustration in KO's quotes this morning. "mentally" seems to be pointing at Omar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom