Katie Meier has praise for the Big Husky (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Katie Meier has praise for the Big Husky (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And it's not Stef.

But the Miami (Fla.) and United States U-18 national team coach is one of Auriemma’s biggest fans.

"He hasn’t changed. He’s just as cocky and as sure of himself as ever," Meier said earlier this week as the U-18 team trained at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex. "When I’m around Geno, even when we’re having a casual conversation, I want to be on top of my game. He still has that influence on me. If I’m near him, I want to be the best that I can be. He brings that out in people because he’s so confident and certain and quick-witted, you just want to try and keep up."

And check out the final sentence on the incoming freshmen's thoughts on playing ND next year.

Geno lifts Meier higher

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"He makes people be great."
Says it all when one needs to know why the best want to play for him.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would love a UConn-Miami series. I hope it comes about.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"What would make Meier feel even more positive is if she can get Auriemma and UConn to agree to a home-and-home series with Miami."

Sounds like she's sucking up to get on UConn's schedule. ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I would love a UConn-Miami series. I hope it comes about.

I agree. The Huskies should take their talents to South Beach, on a biennial basis.....

:p

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree. The Huskies should take their talents to South Beach, on a biennial basis.....
Maybe when the home-and-home with Maryland is done, Geno will set up games with Miami.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Can't wait for July, can't wait for August, can't wait for everything. So much good basket ball coming our way...and right now we have the WNBA! Good times, I tell you!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe when the home-and-home with Maryland is done, Geno will set up games with Miami.

Hopefully Meier will stick around Miami for a long time ........

Reaction Score

A home and home with Miami would be great. Seems like yesterday when they were in The Big East.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Given my signature, and the fact that I live minutes from the campus, adding Miami to the schedule would be fabulous!
Nice article and thanks for posting. I am very impressed with the hoard's employers for getting them down for training camp. A lot of great blogs/columns coming out of the week in Florida.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just don't let Katie get any of the kids we are recruiting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom