Katie Lou | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Katie Lou

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I do think that Wilson has had a reputation in women's basketball for just about the entirety of her college career and as a result coming into this season she was expected to be the likely NPOY and I don't think enough voters pay attention and that there is a likelihood that their votes were already on a ballot for her in November. Unless she had a simply awful year, those votes are probably not likely to change and that's a bit of a shame. KLS has been pretty awesome this year and that's despite having ankle issues that have kept her out of a couple of games and kept her at less than 100% in others. She is definitely more deserving that Wilson though it's not just a two person race for NPOY, as has been mentioned.
Again today, in the ESPN studio, Debbie Antonelli said that Wilson has no one else in college basketball that can compare with all that she brings to the table (paraphrasing here, but it's her usual bias).
I think Wilson was in the wrong room during the UConn game if she brought something to that table.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I wondered about the timing of why Lou wrote the above about her, and KML's HS coach, Kevin Kiernan.
Perhaps this mention of his future, in this OC Register article about Mater Dei's Semi Final playoff loss yesterday.

Whenever Mater Dei’s season ends might mark also the end of Kevin Kiernan’s coaching career.

Kiernan, Orange County’s all-time leader in girls basketball coaching victories, indicated the end is near.

“I don’t know how many games I have left,” said Kiernan, 58, who talked about approaching “the end of the road.”

Mater Dei girls can’t keep up with Windward in Open Division semifinals – Orange County Register

I guess the Mater Dei coach will be around for a few more years.............Good News

Reaction Score
I very much want and think KLS deserves to be NPOY but she did not shoot well at all in the AAC tournament and that won't help her. Some of her shots were way off, making me wonder if something was bothering her.
Of course, she makes significant contributions in many other ways. As Geno has said a # of times, the offense runs differently and much better when she's in the game.
Even if she doesn't win MPOY her play and game are so much further along and balanced then from her freshman year or even last year.
I'm sure after they win the NC she will re-commit herself to improving still further the areas in which she is weakest.
Bronx23

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
In basketball, the 3 pt. shot can come and go for any player for no rhyme and reason. That's just the nature of the beast. However, stats always have a way of regressing to the mean (that is the whole basis for regression analysis). So, if a shooter is going to go cold in some games, she is bound to go hot in other games for the mean to hold. All one can hope for is that the cold games are less important than the hot games.

As for the NPOY race, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Wilson will win most of the 5 awards no matter what KLS does at this point, but KLS should be able to snatch at least 1 of the 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom