Katie Lou | The Boneyard

Katie Lou

Reaction Score
I've been saying that Lou is 3rd in POY, behind A'ja (1) and Sabrina (2). After the past couple of games, however, I'd put Lou #1. I still think that if all 3 of them were entering the draft right now, the order would be A'ja, Sabrina, and Lou. But as to who is playing best right now, when it counts most, it's Lou.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice to see a Husky finally named national player of the week. As for POY, I’ve always believed it was Wilson’s to lose, and currently I believe she’s lost it to Lou. One other preseason favorite who’s also out of the picture is Mitchell, imo.

I do believe there’s a bunch of players who are close including Ionescu, Durr, Vivians & Brown.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I've been saying that Lou is 3rd in POY, behind A'ja (1) and Sabrina (2). After the past couple of games, however, I'd put Lou #1. I still think that if all 3 of them were entering the draft right now, the order would be A'ja, Sabrina, and Lou. But as to who is playing best right now, when it counts most, it's Lou.
Bags, I have been on KLS all along due to her improved game, quick shot, poise in big games and her tough as nails resolve.

My retort to you on a quibble-Ionescu is fantastic but she needs to show us in big games, not just against the "also-rans". Tonight would be a perfect opportunity to show us how she can take over and dominate a game, propelling her team to a win. Plus, she's got two more years to mature.

For me, #1. KLS, #2. Durr #3. Wilson #4. Sabrina...

All 4 will be their Conferences POY winners. Wilson might have the toughest battle for that honor as Vivians is posting some great numbers and leadership.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Lou leads the nation in 3-Point shooting and is hot for the next 6 games, she has a chance. I think Wilson is still leading, but I think Lou is and will continue to be the best all-around player of that talented group.
Wilson is a very good player that’s had to carry her team this season, but after watching her vs UConn & MS St I see a real weakness in her game. When the ball goes into the post to Wilson, it seldom if ever comes back out, no matter how many defenders collapse on her.

In the most recent SNY show, Geno talks about players putting up wild shots against 2 & 3 defenders. What Geno suggests is that such players don’t trust their teammates. Whether Wilson doesn’t trust her teammates, or she simply doesn’t know how to pass the ball, it’s a real problem with her game.

Reaction Score
Bags, I have been on KLS all along due to her improved game, quick shot, poise in big games and her tough as nails resolve.

My retort to you on a quibble-Ionescu is fantastic but she needs to show us in big games, not just against the "also-rans". Tonight would be a perfect opportunity to show us how she can take over and dominate a game, propelling her team to a win. Plus, she's got two more years to mature.

For me, #1. KLS, #2. Durr #3. Wilson #4. Sabrina...

All 4 will be their Conferences POY winners. Wilson might have the toughest battle for that honor as Vivians is posting some great numbers and leadership.
Great points about Durr and Ionescu. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Also of note, Wilson has not been named POW this season yet, which may mean she has not been dominant any week, which is a bit surprising.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
KLS deserves it, but I expect the usual anti-UCONN bias will lead to Wilson or somebody else getting it. One thing that will work against Lou is she's on a team that's so talented she doesn't stand out as much as Wilson does, on a team where she's surrounded with less talent.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Wilson is a very good player that’s had to carry her team this season, but after watching her vs UConn & MS St I see a real weakness in her game. When the ball goes into the post to Wilson, it seldom if ever comes back out, no matter how many defenders collapse on her.

In the most recent SNY show, Geno talks about players putting up wild shots against 2 & 3 defenders. What Geno suggests is that such players don’t trust their teammates. Whether Wilson doesn’t trust her teammates, or she simply doesn’t know how to pass the ball, it’s a real problem with her game.
Interviewed after South Carolina win yesterday, Wilson told the broadcast team that she was proud of the assists she got in the game. She said it was something she has been working on recently. Do not know if that is merely something Dawn has talked about to her, or whether she just realizes that others, such as KLS, are getting a leg up on her. Or maybe she just woke up this month! :confused:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
KLS deserves it, but I expect the usual anti-UCONN bias will lead to Wilson or somebody else getting it. One thing that will work against Lou is she's on a team that's so talented she doesn't stand out as much as Wilson does, on a team where she's surrounded with less talent.
Anti-UConn bias? Just looking at the AP NPOY I see Rebecca, Jenn, Kara, Sue, DT, Maya (2), Tina & Stewie (3).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Interviewed after South Carolina win yesterday, Wilson told the broadcast team that she was proud of the assists she got in the game. She said it was something she has been working on recently. Do not know if that is merely something Dawn has talked about to her, or whether she just realizes that others, such as KLS, are getting a leg up on her. Or maybe she just woke up this month! :confused:
Yes, against lowly KY, Wilson had 29 pts & 5 assists. In the losses vs UConn & MS St she had 0 & 1 assist respectively. :(

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread but thought it was worth putting in a dedicated KLS thread and show a bit more about her diverse skill set.

Lou is currently #1 in 3pt %. She is the tallest player 6'3" on the list of top 50 and there is no one taller than 6'1".

Also Lou is #12 for assist to turnover ratio. Out of the current top 50 there are no other 6' or taller players. Everyone else is under 6 foot.

Reaction Score

I fear you are correct.................if KLS has six straight game winning shots I think they'd still give it to Wilson................of course KLS will tell you she really could care less about that award, the only thing that matters is the NC............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
of course KLS will tell you she really could care less about that award, the only thing that matters is the NC..

And that will be a line right out of the Chris Dailey press relations primer! :)

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Love reading all the positive feedback regarding Lou and how she's elevated her all-around game. From what I've seen and heard from Geno, it seems he trusts Lou with a measure of respect and assuredness usually reserved for seniors.

When is the NPOY vote result announced?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Love reading all the positive feedback regarding Lou and how she's elevated her all-around game. From what I've seen and heard from Geno, it seems he trusts Lou with a measure of respect and assuredness usually reserved for seniors.

When is the NPOY vote result announced?
There are multiple POY awards. I believe the 1st one comes out right around the FF.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I fear you are correct.......if KLS has six straight game winning shots I think they'd still give it to Wilson......of course KLS will tell you she really could care less about that award, the only thing that matters is the NC..

And she's correct...the UCONN way! To heck with individual awards...only thing that matters is cutting down the nets in April.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom