Katie Lou Samuelson | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Samuelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Is she shy or sly?

She describes why she wears #33 (Larry Bird wore it) but the photo shows her wearing #34 (now worn by Paul Pierce) (and Kelly Faris).

Her list of schools is in "strict" alphabetical order, provided that you count the "C" in UConn, then the "D" in Notre Dame. UCLA is the outlier.

Somehow, I get the idea that this lovely young lady enjoys goofing us old folks.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do think at some point the idea of following multiple sisters down the same road becomes less appealing and branching out in a new direction more appealing. Being someones younger sibling can become old pretty quickly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tennessee is not on the list? Someone please tell the folks in Knoxville. :)

HGN

Reaction Score
I think Katie Lou ends up in Palo Alto........She seems to like teasing the other schools faithfuls a little...But Palo Alto gets the call.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Youngest children often want to carve their own path in life and can be risk takers. It is a common youngest birth order trait.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
IIRC she's considered the best of the Samuelsons? The eldest Bonnie was rated the lowest? If that's the case, the younger two must be off the charts cuz as a sophomore, Bonnie's doing quite well at Stanford.

Of course I hope we land her. Until someone from her family says "UCONN is my leader", i'll continue to assume she's probably Stanford bound...

Reaction Score
I think Katie Lou ends up in Palo Alto........She seems to like teasing the other schools faithfuls a little...But Palo Alto gets the call.

Unfortunately you are probably right!

Reaction Score
Youngest children often want to carve their own path in life and can be risk takers. It is a common youngest birth order trait.

It was certainly true for me. But Lou has other considerations besides playing with her sisters. One is playing closer to home for her family to see her more, and of course a Stanford degree.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It was certainly true for me. But Lou has other considerations besides playing with her sisters. One is playing closer to home for her family to see her more, and of course a Stanford degree.
Absolutely, that is true, but as with all things not everyone marches to the same drummer. Some want to be near home, some set of for distant lands. Some are driven by money, some are driven by passions. Some are afraid of risk, some are looking for the toughest challenge and the highest mountain.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does she go by "Lou"?

Reaction Score

Many posters act like UConn is a second rate college. Really. How many Stanford basketball players do you see that are as successful as Sue, D, Tina and Mya. Those players success will follow them off the court and throughout their lives, no matter what they do. A Husky degree is worth every penny - and then some.

Reaction Score
Many posters act like UConn is a second rate college. Really. How many Stanford basketball players do you see that are as successful as Sue, D, Tina and Mya. Those players success will follow them off the court and throughout their lives, no matter what they do. A Husky degree is worth every penny - and then some.

Well, I didn't say or imply that. There are some student athletes who want the combination of a top school and outstanding bball program, Stanford fits the bill. Of course Sue, D and Tina (Lobo and many others) were awesome players and have been very successful post UConn.

Many Stanford players have played professionally for years and some are coaching now, while others went into medicine, law, finance, computer industry, etc. Here's a list: http://www.stanfordfbc.org/FBCFiles/alumni_chronological.htm

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Something to consider is that for the next two years Lou will be alone at HS. Bonnie and Karlie might not even see her play unless Stanfords schedule in So Cal works out with Mater Deis schedule. It did this past weekend and Bonnie got to see Lou play, for the first time at the HS level. In fact if one of the parents goes to watch the other two sisters at Stanford, then only one parent is there to watch her. By the way Tara was at the game with another assistant to watch Lou play. Lou scored 31 points in a first round playoff game. Note: Lou had 16 points in the first quarter with about 1:50 left. She went to the bench for the rest of the quarter. I believe KML has the one quarter record of 19 points for Mater Dei.
Mater Dei is supposed to be invited to play a game in the Springfield Mass. tournament that KML's team played in a couple of years ago. A trip to UConn is supposed to either precede or follow the game. Mater Dei isnt scheduling a game in Nor Cal, as far as I know.
From what I understand Lou will be invited, and no doubt make, the USA under 16 team this summer in Colorado. No sister to play with there either. So playing without a sister is something that she will be getting used too.

I would see UConn and ND in the lead. Stanford is no sure shot but not far off.

Reaction Score
I do think at some point the idea of following multiple sisters down the same road becomes less appealing and branching out in a new direction more appealing. Being someones younger sibling can become old pretty quickly.
What about sister following brother ... i.e. Calhoun? Sounds good to me.

Reaction Score
What about sister following brother ... i.e. Calhoun? Sounds good to me.
I would say from all indications that Sierra is pretty much a done deal at UCONN . Her and Omar are very very close and she wants to be within driving distance to home.

Reaction Score
For Samuelson, It's Stanford'! Don't waste your time discussing the all the rest.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
For Samuelson, It's Stanford'! Don't waste your time discussing the all the rest.
I would be very surprised if it is that clear at this point.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would say from all indications that Sierra is pretty much a done deal at UCONN . Her and Omar are very very close and she wants to be within driving distance to home.
That's not necessarily true. ND and Duke are very much in the picture for her... Hope we land her, but it's not like UCONN is way out in front on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom