Kasongo to Announce This Week | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kasongo to Announce This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

For me Drummond was so easy to predict since he always did what his Mom wanted. Not all kids work that way.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Obviously the delay is because the Crystal Ball guys need some time to switch again!

Reaction Score
Oregon has never done anything in basketball, they don't put anyone in the NBA, nobody watches them around the country etc. So sick of kids making the wrong choice because outside influences, it never ever works out for them. UConn should be the easy choice.

Reaction Score
I don't have any inside info on this at all, but I do have a little background on Ro Russell. When UConn was recruiting Denham Brown they were also looking hard at Derrick Byers. UConn's lead recruiter was Tom Moore for Denham. Grassroots Canada does a lot besides running an AAU Basketball program. Moore spoke to other people than Ro Russell. He made a very good impression. It is my understanding that Russell wasn't the be all end all at that time.

Derek Byers ended up going to UVA. Wahoo fans said at the time that they got the player they wanted, but they were pretty critical about losing Denham to UConn. I think this was a case where UConn would take the first player to commit, Denham said yes. Byers had an unhappy time at UVA. He transferred to Vanderbilt where he was a major player. He and Denham faced each other in a sweet sixteen game in 2004.

BTW a few years back one of Grassroots Canada's players verbaled to Rutgers. Russell steered him to another school. So even if it ends tonight with a verbal to UConn, don't underestimate Russell's ability to turn things around

Reaction Score
What I've learned from this thread: Some of you are bat crazy. I mean, I'm nuts too, I just don't display it so publicly. The 'yard needs a therapist. And unlimited refills.

Its hump day, cut them some slack.

Reaction Score
I don't have any inside info on this at all, but I do have a little background on Ro Russell. When UConn was recruiting Denham Brown they were also looking hard at Derrick Byers. UConn's lead recruiter was Tom Moore for Denham. Grassroots Canada does a lot besides running an AAU Basketball program. Moore spoke to other people than Ro Russell. He made a very good impression. It is my understanding that Russell wasn't the be all end all at that time.

Derek Byers ended up going to UVA. Wahoo fans said at the time that they got the player they wanted, but they were pretty critical about losing Denham to UConn. I think this was a case where UConn would take the first player to commit, Denham said yes. Byers had an unhappy time at UVA. He transferred to Vanderbilt where he was a major player. He and Denham faced each other in a sweet sixteen game in 2004.

BTW a few years back one of Grassroots Canada's players verbaled to Rutgers. Russell steered him to another school. So even if it ends tonight with a verbal to UConn, don't underestimate Russell's ability to turn things around
The way this recruiting has gone, I don't think anyone will underestimate Russell's ability to turn things around. Sounds like the coach got what he wanted.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What I've learned from this thread: Some of you are bat crazy. I mean, I'm nuts too, I just don't display it so publicly. The 'yard needs a therapist. And unlimited refills.
not some, the majority!!!!!

Reaction Score
Is it possible that Ray set his deadline for 6:45 tonight...HOPING that he would have his mind made up...but instead...a fight broke has broken out between his dad and coach?? lol

C

Chief00

We been in 2 jump balls, Ray and Larrier. On Larrier I really thought we would be the guy who got there late to the party but would leave with the girl. Even when you have a good source kids change their minds or tell people what they want to hear.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that Ray set his deadline for 6:45 tonight...HOPING that he would have his mind made up...but instead...a fight broke has broken out between his dad and coach?? lol

Or...he hasn't announced his decision yet.

Reaction Score
Can the "we need a recruiter" posters explain how "a recruiter" would stop Lasongo from being steered to one school by his AAU coach who has already steered multiple players to one school? You have him openly saying he is favoring UConn on the day he's to announce, how can KO be blamed for losing him when there are outside forces dictating his recruitment?

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
To much speculation... though I am getting to feel like that he meant 6:45 pacific time... 9:45 for all of us.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Can the "we need a recruiter" posters explain how "a recruiter" would stop Lasongo from being steered to one school by his AAU coach who has already steered multiple players to one school? You have him openly saying he is favoring UConn on the day he's to announce, how can KO be blamed for losing him when there are outside forces dictating his recruitment?

Closing is a skill.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think not. If you cure us all the board will be a dry, lonely place.

Reaction Score
Sucks we keep losing recruits. I wish we could get out of this crappy conference.

Reaction Score
If it's any condolence, I stumbled across a Kentucky high school board that was ponder how Ray was getting such good offers given his poor attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom