Kasongo just tweeted no commitment yet!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kasongo just tweeted no commitment yet!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I wasn't really, but then I probably made the wrong decision. I should have thought about it more. :D
I'm getting the impression that a lot of people should have thought things out more before having kids!:D

Reaction Score
I'm getting the impression that a lot of people should have thought things out more before having kids!:D

Is this your plan to depopulate the earth?

What always strikes me about parents from the 50s and 60s and 70s like mine is that they were not the paragons they are made out to be. Today's parents are better informed if anxiety-ridden and batty. "Helicopter parents" is an apt description. But then you see grandparents with kids and you think, "Wow, how the heck did we even survive to adulthood?!!!"

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
maybe he's going to call Squid crying about wanting to go to UK ;)

Reaction Score
Here are a couple interesting quotes from a Toronto Sun article about Ro Russell. He and his "school" sound a bit shady to me, taking cash from parents for a purpose that it ended up not being used for. One of UConn's former recruits, XRM, is mentioned, and it's NOT for being a satisfied student either.

"The most serious allegation concerned tuition payments that Laurie Anderson, mother of athlete Braeden Anderson, said she thought had gone to North Carolina-based Christian Faith Center Academy (CFCA) for the 2009-2010 season.
The Fifth Estate said the money, which amounted to thousands of dollars for each of the 11 athletes, instead went to a school with a similar name that's owned by Russell."

"Braeden Anderson and another former player, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, told the CBC that Russell hung them out to dry. Anderson, a 6-foot-9 forward from Okotoks, Alta., said Russell failed to supervise the students in the dorm, located an hour from campus.
"We were basically on our own," Anderson told the CBC. "Basketball was everything. That's all we did. School was there, but it was basically basketball."

Here's a link to the full article: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/04/russell-denies-cbc-allegations

And then an article about Russell leaving his own school amid all the allegations: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...ing-job-wake-devastating-fifth-060520443.html

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Pure speculation...Maybe RK wants UConn, but KO is telling him he needs to divorce himself from RR in order to accept his commitment. Again... pure speculation.

Reaction Score
Pure speculation...Maybe RK wants UConn, but KO is telling him he needs to divorce himself from RR in order to accept his commitment. Again... pure speculation.

It's certainly possible, but I doubt Ollie would impose that on him, unless he suggested it from an academic standpoint...to be in good standing for acceptance. One thing's for sure, if Ray selects UConn, but stays with Russell, it could be a very long HS season for him. Additionally, who would know how solid his commitment to UC is as well, since he'd have RR in his ear every day.

Reaction Score
It's certainly possible, but I doubt Ollie would impose that on him, unless he suggested it from an academic standpoint...to be in good standing for acceptance. One thing's for sure, if Ray selects UConn, but stays with Russell, it could be a very long HS season for him. Additionally, who would know how solid his commitment to UC is as well, since he'd have RR in his ear every day.

The problem is that he can't switch schools at this late date unless he decides not to play at all his senior year.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The problem is that he can't switch schools at this late date unless he decides not to play at all his senior year.
Why couldn't he transfer to another private school? There may be issues with a public school but kids (in CA and NV) transfer during the school year to a private school and play immediately.

Reaction Score

Pure speculation, but maybe he wanted each head coach to do a Forest Gump style run across the country and whoever finished first gets his commitment. Again, PURE SPECULATION.

caw

Reaction Score
Pure speculation, but maybe he wanted each head coach to do a Forest Gump style run across the country and whoever finished first gets his commitment. Again, PURE SPECULATION.

No contest, Calhoun would win, then Ollie.

Reaction Score
Not really new news but:
@TheBBallDiary: Ray Kasongo REALLY wants UConn. Outside influence want him at Oregon. There are a some Grassroot Canada players. Easy to figure out who.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not really new news but:
@TheBBallDiary: Ray Kasongo REALLY wants UConn. Outside influence want him at Oregon. There are a some Grassroot Canada players. Easy to figure out who.

Why don't they let the kid decide his future instead of those around him. This is what's wrong with the recruiting world

C

Chief00

When the dust settles my guess is Ray K will go to UConn. But it is a tough AAU program to emerge 100% clean from - so who knows for sure. If he wants to end up at UC he needs to end this drama very soon.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Pure speculation, but maybe you're a doosh.

U

UCONNfan1

Run, Kevin, Run!

Reaction Score
Not really new news but:

This shouldn't be complicated. The one who shoots the jumper also gets to decide where he shoots the jumper.

Reaction Score
Not really new news but:
Similar tweet here:
Andrew Greif@AndrewGreif
Returning quickly to hoops. Ray Kasongo could still pick Oregon, but to quote someone close to him today, "we're all baffled" by decommit.

Reaction Score
Is it really a decommit if he says he never committed in the first place?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
To quote someone close to him - his coach?
That was a weird quote wasnt it? If he was really close to him he would know why he made the decision to decommit. I don't know what it was but I assume if I was "close to him" I would and i wouldn't be baffled

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's not a quote his parents would give to some reporter. It's someone in his basketball entourage

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Similar tweet here:
Andrew Greif@AndrewGreif
Returning quickly to hoops. Ray Kasongo could still pick Oregon, but to quote someone close to him today, "we're all baffled" by decommit.
Of course the handlers are baffled. If there was some kind of $ exchanged or some other kind of hinkey going on, and the handlers thought they had successfully pushed him to Oregon, only to have Ray pull back and say "hold on"... yeah the handlers would be baffled by that.

Reaction Score
I actually feel bad for this kid. It seems clear to me that he wants to come to Uconn but others in his circle might not be to enthusiastic about it. If he wanted to be at Oregon he`d be on his way. He committed then decommitted within a few hours. Hes either just not sure or he wants to come here and its not a popular choice among his people. Sad really. this should be a great day for him and it seems like hes being pulled in opposite directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom