Kashif Enjoyed The Ride and Made the Most of It | The Boneyard

Kashif Enjoyed The Ride and Made the Most of It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's an expression in the Moore household as it relates to athletic competition, "Never come home empty-handed". Well, Kashif did not disappoint. He is leaving UConn after having been a member of arguably the greatest class (2007) in UConn football history. 2 Big East titles, 4 Bowl appearances, to include a BCS Bowl game. To put "icing on the cake", Kash contributed to winning 2 Big East Track & Field titles, and ran the leadoff leg of the 4-by-100 relay team which broke the school record, which had stood for 9 years, and winning the Big East relay title.

I always try to have my kids set goals and Kash's goal prior to arrival at UConn was to finish in the top ten, career wise, in as many receiving categories as possible. This is where he finished:

1. His 126 career receptions puts 8th all-time on the UConn receivers list
2. His 1699 career receiving yards puts him 9th all-time on the UConn receivers list
3. His 13 career receiving tds ties him 8th all-time on the UConn receivers list (Had 1 rushing Td as well)

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/datadump/MFootball/2005/MediaGuide/9/Career.pdf

Kashif's career numbers also puts him in pretty good company on the Big East career list (Documented from year 2000-present):

1. #21 on the Big East list for Yards Per Catch with 13.5
2. #25 on the Big East list for career receptions with 126
3. #25 on the Big East list for receiving yards with 1699
4. #25 on the Big East list for career receiving Tds with 13

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-east/leaders/

Boneyarders, it has been a blast. Through the many good times, the tragedy, and the not too good times. The team has created some unforgettable memories. It's on to next stage, where ever that will lead. A Husky for Life. Peace and Happy Holidays to All

Reaction Score
Mr. Moore, it was a pleasure watching Kashif the past 4 years. I'll never forget that TD catch vs South Carolina. One handed, it's something one rarely sees.
Stay in touch with us, and best to Kashif as he enters the "real world". Happy holidays to you and your family too.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Kash was one of my favorites to route for and i'm sure not alone in that. Thanks for everything he brought to this program on and off the field. I hope you continue to post here papa cash or at least lurk and give us some updates with your family down the road.

Reaction Score
You will be heavily missed, Kash!!!! great player and very respectful guy off the field as well. :), hope you can get a workout and a draft choice for an NFL team!

I'm glad you also wore #6, this year! :)

I will admit, if there's two players that never gave up hope in their careers as Huskies, those two would be Anthony Sherman and Kashif Moore.

Hard work pays off and it did for those two young men.

Reaction Score
Congrats to him and your family. A joy to watch as a fan thats for sure.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Kash was a pleasure to watch and had some of the more memorable catches in UConn history (USC and ND). I hope you continue posting in future years or at least stop in every now and then.

Reaction Score
I will never forget sitting in the stands at Morgantown, on a day when your son had to have wanted to be crying, watching him catch a TD pass over the middle while getting popped, and then, with 4 minutes left, watching him run literally 35 or 40 yards to get in one of the two blocks that freed Marcus Easley to finish his 83 yard catch and run that got us the lead.

My best of luck to you and your family going forward, and please stop by and let us know your thoughts on UConn football in the future.

Reaction Score
Players like your son are a class act and elevate the stature of the football program.

The one handed catch against the Gamecocks is one of the best college catches I have seen.

I'm glad he was able to enjoy the RU W. A little late in coming, but worth every moment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A very good player who's stats don't tell his whole story. In an offense that threw the ball better he would have put up much bigger numbers, but I'll remember him more for his leadership than anything else.

Reaction Score
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Kash. Kid has been through a lot of ups and downs and an unimaginable tragedy. He wore the #6 well. Hope he goes into coaching.

You and your family did one heck of a job raising that young man. I hope you continue to stop by from time to time. Best of luck.

Reaction Score
It was a pleasure watching Kashif play giving it his all every single game, like you said through the good times, bad times and the tragedy as fans we really appreciate it. I will always remember the clutch catches he had. Its pretty awesome to have you connect with us on the boneyard, keep in touch with us.

Reaction Score
Thanks for stopping by with the numbers Rock.

One could only wonder what Kash could have done....let's see....how do I say this....with the right "system" in place.

I'll always remember him as a leader and an unselfish player.

I was fortunate enough to sit with Kash at an event (see avatar) and he is truly a well rounded adult.

By the way......stop trying to steal his Championship rings

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kash for an incredible career. Congrats to you for raising an incredible young man (sorry, don't mean to sound like Edsall there). It is one thing to be blessed with athletic ability, and that's in the genes. But the hours spent in the weight room, in the practice facility, studying game film and studying in general - that's what separates these kids on the field, and it's what precludes success in life. That bodes well for his future and career. We were proud to have Kash wear the block C. Husky for life.

Reaction Score
in a time when parents can be unbearable and out of touch with reality and self promotion, i have nothing but respect for the way Mr. Moore has handled his son playing and still being an active member of the message board. truly a class act. its obvious from a far you do a great job raising your child/kids. best of luck to you, kash and the family in the future.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Rock, it's been a pleasure having you as a board member and I am thrilled that a kid who is as quality a person as Kash is was representing my alma mater!

I'm confident that Kash will notrnquire any well wishes for a successful future but I will give him mine anyway. Let us know when you are taking in any future games. I imagine there will be a line of boneyarders willing to buy you a beer. I'll be the one in the front of the line.

Reaction Score
Mr. Moore, I was at a Syracuse game a few years ago and noticed that when ever your son either took the field or left the field at the start, half and end of the game he would look for you and wave.

When you have them like that sir, there is nothing better.

Best of luck to the young man.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As a fellow Jersey guy, Kash was one of my favorite players at UConn during his time here. My Dad and I used shout "Burlington in the house!" after catches by Kash.

From all accounts, Kash was a first class athlete and more importantly first class person and leader.

Thanks, and best luck to him and you in the future.

Reaction Score
Kid's a leader.

Best catch - the TD at South Bend I think in OT.

Reaction Score
All the very best to Kash. A true Husky for life. Will never forget his contributions to this team, and the class & leadership he showed during & after the Jazz tragedy. Became a big fan of his. UConn's a better football program & university because he was a part of it. Thanks, Mr. Moore.

Reaction Score
I believe his playing career will be just one step in an incredible journey. You should be proud, don't be a stranger!

Reaction Score
No doubt here that Kash will be extremely successful in his future.

Don't be a stranger, but if you are, thanks for all of your contributions here.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Kashif was one of the guys who definitely "classed up the joint". He represented UConn and #6 as well as anyone possibly could. You must be very proud.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the positive memories, class & leadership from your family. I was a joy to see him play! Best wishes for the future! :)

Reaction Score
Sadness over the end o this journey. Happiness at opening the door to start a new one. Kash is the product of great parenthood & an exemplary representative of the University. Best of luck to him in future endeavors. And best wishes to your family this holiday season. Stay in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom