Karma is a beach (Arike makes WNBA history).....and Kia v. Arike | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Karma is a beach (Arike makes WNBA history).....and Kia v. Arike

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Speaking as a Texas homer, if Brooke McCarty-Williams were just a couple of inches taller, I think she could be a solid WNBA pg. Sadly for me, Brooke's Dallas career probably ends when either Skylar or MoJeff returns -- certainly if and when both return. But Brooke did play 19 minutes in yesterday's Dallas win and had 5 assists, zero turnovers.

I love McCarty's decision making and toughness. There has to be a place in this league for her. At a minimum, I am sure she has improved her international opportunities.

To be honest, I was at the preseason of the Liberty game where I saw Bianca Cuevas Moore and I think she was also one of those undersized lightning quick guards who if just a few inches taller, could break in.

Again, I see her able to handle international play.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Per ESPN:
--- Ogunbowale set the league futility mark for a player taking 20 or more shots, according to STATS. She surpassed the 3-for-20 effort by Sheryl Swoopes in 2002.

--- Ogunbowale also matched the record for most misses in a game that didn't go into overtime that was held by Wendy Palmer-Daniel in 1997.

--- Maya Moore missed 23 shots against Connecticut in an overtime game in 2015.
Maya... MAYA?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I've always felt that making a circus shot 3 to win the National Championship in a game where she went 6-21 was "Peak Arike"

Winning Rookie of the Month in the same month that she had a 2-23 game is pretty close, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom