Karaban v Knecht | The Boneyard

Karaban v Knecht

Reaction Score
In watching the draft seems like analysis of Knecht is similar to Karaban (and not because of race).

I know our offense won’t feature Alex the way UT featured Knecht, but in reading the draft analysis, seemed eerily similar to Alex’s game.

Curious to get opinions

Reaction Score
I think most would agree with you and say that AK is not the scorer DK is, but I think that they are similar in that they will be both be key pieces of nba teams for years to come. I think DK will have a bigger name because everybody notices a scorer.

Reaction Score
Knecht is a MUCH better overall scorer. True 3 level scorer that can do it from everywhere, whereas Karaban picks his spots and has the higher BBIQ

There is no comparison. AK is a stretch big, Knecht is a scoring SG/SF. If Karaban could score like Knecht can, he’d be a lottery pick

Reaction Score
In watching the draft seems like analysis of Knecht is similar to Karaban (and not because of race).

I know our offense won’t feature Alex the way UT featured Knecht, but in reading the draft analysis, seemed eerily similar to Alex’s game.

Curious to get opinions
I love me some Karaban. But this kid Knecht scored 40 in a NCAA game, 36 I think against Kentucky in the last game of the season. He averaged 21 ppg on the SEC. He shot over 40% from 3. Alex did not feature like this....that said, I think he will next year.

Reaction Score
Not even close - Knecht can create and hit shots all over the floor, has a high quick release that he can get off quickly with touch. He can put the ball on the floor with his head up and create a shot. Knecht also has some hops and while not super twitchy, much twitchier than Alex. Alex needs space, has a slower, lower delivery and is primarily catch and shoot. This should be a year Alex works on a game that moves closer to what Knecht can do offensively.

Reaction Score
Love AK, but Dalton is far better and probably the best player in cbb last year. Surprised he fell is far as he did but being 23 already didn’t help.
I agree he may have been the best player in college basketball. However, Rick Barnes is no Dan Hurley just like he was no Jim Calhoun. His teams seem to underachieve when the pressure is on.

caw

Reaction Score
I can see the similarities in how they project as NBA players on a good playoff team.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think Alex is better, not a one hit (year) wonder.

Alex can score, pass, handle, rebound and defend. And he's had better coaching, can make better reads, and won two titles and counting

Reaction Score
Lakers got the absolute steal of the draft. AK needs to put up some big numbers this year to get into the 1st round conversations. Draft will be much deeper next year.

Reaction Score

Alex can score, pass, handle, rebound and defend. And he's had better coaching, can make better reads, and won two titles and counting
That's a hell of a take.

Reaction Score
i dont see it. Knecht is going to play 2/3 in the NBA and AK will play 3/4. dalton is a much better ball handler and 3 level scorer. AK is a better rebounder and passer.
AK is a better defender too with his length.

Reaction Score
Knecht plays like a slower rip Hamilton with a jumpshot on a good day like Ray Allen. Defense will be a concern. And can he get in the lane against nba athletes.

Alex improved his driving to the hoop tremendously last year. He often did not finish. He is smart and knows when to take advantage of slower 4s. His defense and cutting also improved.

It is a given that Alex is going to improve his game this summer. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Reaction Score

Willie its not illegal for other players to be better than ours. Its always been that way here. UConn has always been the 'collective".

Just saying, players can be better than ours, but there is no team better.

Reaction Score

Karaban is better under the basket especially on defense but Knecht is a far better offensive player, and is extremely difficult to guard. He is going to add a lot to the Lakers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Biggest comparison is Karaban will be older compared to most other players in next year's draft.
And Karaban, like Knecht, is viewed as a high floor, low ceiling NBA player.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Knecht was not highly regarded out of high school. His college career included 1 year at junior college and 3 years at Northern Colorado before one magical shooting display season at TN.

He's 6'5", and his defense is lacking at best.

I'm sorry, there are huge question marks all over this resume. He fell out of the lottery and I was feeling bad for him still sitting there at 17. I'm not alone, I saw at least one scout had him no higher than 30, probably an early second round pick.

I wish him well, I hope he has a long and prosperous career, and I still think Alex is better. I'm happy to let time do it's thing. Time tends to be good to my arguments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom