Kara Wolters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kara Wolters

Reaction Score
We'll, there's a vote for Tina. It's always fun to see clips of the greats.

All the guards need to watch tape of Sue - she knew how to find the space to shoot mid-range pull-up jumpers and made a good living doing it.

Is there a way to decide who the UConn GOAT is? How can you pick between D, Maya and Stewie? I can't.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That would be my all time 5 at this point. We have discussed this before on this board. For me the hardest is the next 5 or “the bench”. That gets challenging.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I predict that ONO will be in the Top 5 by the time she graduates.

Reaction Score
Quite possibly, although she has a long way to go. However, there is a big dropoff after Dolson.

Reaction Score
Also anyone ever take a picture with Kara? Lol I bet everyone would feel so short

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did anyone notice there was only 1 player named who led the Huskies in scoring for all 4 years?

1599408116042.png

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly that many of the players that did not get the honor of being an active player while being added to the Huskies of Honor was because the honor wall was established after they had left or had received the AA status their Senior year and their Senior night had already passed.

I believe it started with Renee Montgomery. And her parents surprised her by being there

Reaction Score
Breanna was not the center, Morgan was.
Totally agree. They were both sort of 4.5 when on the court together. I support that by when Stokes or Dolson were on the court they were the 5. Additional support was often in the big line up, Morgan became the 4 and Stewie became the 3.

I even think saying Tina was a center is stretching it. I would say she was a PF and UConn just played without a true center which has been common through the recent years.

Reaction Score
I could vote for either Charles or Kara (agree Stewie not a pure center) but never understood why in recent years Wolters doesn't get more love. I believe she still is the all time leader in UConn rebounds and blocked shots. AP Player of the Year is an honor only the top of the top level receive.

Reaction Score
I could vote for either Charles or Kara (agree Stewie not a pure center) but never understood why in recent years Wolters doesn't get more love. I believe she still is the all time leader in UConn rebounds and blocked shots. AP Player of the Year is an honor only the top of the top level receive.

Kara is 10th all-time in points and rebounds. Third in blocks.

Reaction Score
I think that in terms of physical ability Tina wins hands down. However, when it comes to getting the most out of what God's given you, I'd take Kara. And when it comes to worshiping the team and the coach Kara wins hands down. Having said that probably every recruit who has come into the program for the last fifteen years could out jump Kara. She played at the perfect time for a player of her abilities and carried the team to a championship pretty much on her own shoulders. PS, her father, Willie Wolters was a great forward for BC.

Reaction Score
Stewart was not just the PF. She also played center. Go to huskygames and you can replay the Miss State, Texas and Oregon State games during the NCAA's and you can see Stewart is guarding the center in 15-16 season. On offense both Tuck and Stewart low posted. Stewart was both a center and a power forward. And imo so was Lobo.

Reaction Score
Like a good number here, I gotta go with Tina Charles over Kara

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Where's the love for Big Rig and Heather Buck?

Reaction Score
What beautiful choices we have at UCONN with all the elite and gifted players that Geno and staff have recruited at UCONN.......Its a Whos Who of WCBB Thank you for your opinions ........

Reaction Score
Quite possibly, although she has a long way to go. However, there is a big dropoff after Dolson.

Who was the center on the undefeated 2002 team? Don't they deserve consideration over the last 2?

Reaction Score
Stewart was not just the PF. She also played center. Go to huskygames and you can replay the Miss State, Texas and Oregon State games during the NCAA's and you can see Stewart is guarding the center in 15-16 season. On offense both Tuck and Stewart low posted. Stewart was both a center and a power forward. And imo so was Lobo.

No. Kiah Stokes was the backup center not Breanna.

Reaction Score
In reality, Stewie played all 5 positions from PG, SG, SF, PF, and C. Depending what Geno tried to accomplish! Geno is a HC that really doesn't get tied down by positions!
That's what made Stewie so special is that she could initiate the offense off a rebound and bring it down court or receive an outlet pass and go to the basket!
Gabby Williams was also used that way, being such a sensational athlete covering 1 through 5 and able to initiate the offense also!
Geno's awesome at thinking outside the box making his players so hard to guard!

Reaction Score
Top 5 -

1-- PF/C Stewart
2-- PF/C Lobo
3-- C Tina
4-- C Wolters
5-- C Dolson

Tina Charles gets vastly underrated for her frosh and soph years. In her frosh year she was Honorable Mention All-American. In her soph year she was 3rd team A/A. The only reason why she gets knocked is because UCONN didn't win a title those 2 years. And Geno was saying things that the media took way too literally and was passed off as fact. When Geno calls a terrific player "the worst post in America" ofc he doesn't mean it. These type of comments that Geno was making about Tina during her early years was designed to push her. Not for the media to take every thing he said as fact. How could a player who was Honorable A/A her frosh year and 3rd team A/A her 2nd year not be thought of as having 2 terrific seasons?

As for Kara- as some said earlier she is selling herself way too shot and just being classy as she always is. Kalani Brown was a 3-time A/A - so what makes her so different than Kara? Kara would be a beast in any era.
So Geno's taunting her in order to make her work harder and get better affected how the basketball world construed/evaluated how talented Tina Charles was????? Wow, I can't believe I just read that ..... That Geno had that much control of the media and sports writers ....

Reaction Score
No. Kiah Stokes was the backup center not Breanna.

How could Stokes have been the center in the 2015-2016 season when she was no longer on the team? :) She graduated. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom