Kara Wolters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kara Wolters

Reaction Score
hoophuskee, do me a favor. Email Geno and ask him if Morgan, Kiah, and Natalie played center or Breanna.

Reaction Score
There is nothing I agree with you on here though Tina and Stewie would be great. I'd prefer the following fantasy 12 player college lineup because I'm only talking college (not pros) and I want to push pace. And to push pace I'm also looking for a slasher.

Center: Stewart. ((As showed she played the center (and pf) great in her sr year)). Overall nobody was better than her at end of frosh year through her sr year whether it be PF or C.
Power forward: Maya Moore (she played power forward over 3/4's of her career at UCONN)
Small Forward: Nykesha Sales (I need a slasher, a ball handler, a shooter, a scorer and someone tough. She fits the bill as to how a sf plays and I need her to play. There is a better sg than her so move her to sf.).
Shooting guard: DT (she played both pg, and sg and arguably played sf too).
Point guard-- Sue Bird and Mo Jeff to keep pace of play.

Lobo is a center and power forward. She is better than Nykesha but in college I want to play Maya Moore at her most effective position she played in college which was Power Forward. As a power forward - the slower bigs cannot guard her. If the opposing team goes small then they play into UCONN's style of wanting to play fastbreak hoop. So Lobo is 1st off the bench in the frontcourt.
Then have four other bench players, Tina, Bascom, Jen and Sveta. Unsure about the 12th player.

But this team is setup to run. The Baylor Bigs cannot guard Maya at the PF the same way no big ever could guard her. Stanford had "some" success but they had quick bigs like Ogwumike. And even if Maya is out and UCONN has Lobo and Tina at center-- who would take Baylor's Cox and Brown over them?

And another point- centers don't have to be big and slow. And centers don't have to score all their baskets inside. And we already did see Tina wipe out Griner-- though true Griner was a frosh but Tina pounded her like the center she was at UCONN.
12..Big game Bria...

Reaction Score
hoophuskee, go back and look at the rosters for the UConn women. Breanna is listed as a forward.

Reaction Score
She guarded Teaira McCowan? You're kidding, right? One-on-one the entire game? No.

Well how could have Stewart have defended her the whole game when the score was 98-38? She only played 25 minutes because she was so dominant. In 25 minutes she had 22 points on 8-10 shooting, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks. The point is -- during Stewart's 25 minutes- anytime on defense she defended the opposing team's centers or she was in the middle-of the 2-3 zone. She rarely left the paint on defense because she was guarding the centers.

So no- Stewart did not guard her one-on-one because Stewart dominated her and the other center so badly. . But Miss State had 2 centers-- and Stewart either guarded both man-to-man or UCONN played a 2-3 zone in which Stewart as in the middle man-to-man. And after every miss/ turnover on the offensive end, or out of bounds, Stewart would guard McCowan or Okorie man-to-man. And when UCONN went zone, it's Stewart in the middle-of-the-zone. That's typically for centers.

So as I've said you can see the game yourself. Go on that site called huskygames.com.

Incidentally, McCowan had a pretty good game statistically. She had 10 points shooting 5-6 from the floor. But--- she scored 8 of her points when Stewart was sitting. You know who was the center that was in for UCONN as McCowan scored 8 of her 10 points? It was Nat Butler. The supposed only "true center" on the team.

And the 2 points McCowan scored vs Stewart? Was it a power-post move? Nope. Was it an offensive rebound where she just out-muscled Stewart? Nope.
It was a player got in the lane through penetration in which Stewart went to block the shot and the penetrator either passed or fumbled the ball that came right to McCowan for a layup.

Reaction Score
You just won't admit that you are wrong. I never said Breanna never guarded the other team's center. I said that Morgan, Kiah and Natalie were the centers for UConn. Learn to read.

Reaction Score
The topic was Kara Wolters. Then, it became about UConn centers. Breanna Stewart was never UConn's center. Morgan, Kiah and Natalie were the centers. Was Gabby not a center because she was 5'11"? Of course she was because the large majority of the time she guarded the other team's center.

Reaction Score
You just won't admit that you are wrong. I never said Breanna never guarded the other team's center. I said that Morgan, Kiah and Natalie were the centers for UConn. Learn to read.

I'm right. You're just dug in and keep making things up and hoping that it sticks.

1-- First you bring up Kia Stokes who already graduated.
2-- ^Then you make a bizarre statement about switching defenses as if that had a thing to do with if she was playing center. Using thta whacked logic then one coudl say Shaq wasn't a center often because he switched often on pick and rolls.
3-- Then you talk about an ND player as if there is only one center to ever play.
4-- Then you make up a bizarre statement about Stewart not defending McCowan for a hwole game even though you knew or should've known that he score was 90-38 so it was impossible for Stewart to guard her the whole game.
5-- Then you try to use some lame comment like "check the site" despite the fact you know that they have Liv listed as a power forward.
6-- Then you make up other names whom Stewart didn't guard again ignoring that she DID guard McCaowna and NOT Tuck while Stewart was in the game. And conveniently ignoring the centers she did guard.

The fact is-- Stewart played center and she played power forward. There is game tape to show that from Miss State, Texas, and Oregon State in 2015-2016. .

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
tallest player on the court with 4 other teammates is considered the CENTER

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member