Kara Wolters criticism | The Boneyard

Kara Wolters criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I completely agree with Kara. CW’s performance, specifically, was difficult to swallow in Championship Game, her last. At least Liv had to contend with Boston inside. Huskies desperately needed an aggressive, driving, contact seeking Christyn Williams— vintage, actually— & she virtually disappeared, instead.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Liv also had to contend with an apparent groin issue which wasn't revealed until after the game. Wolters likely didn't know about it during this show. Liv was much better in the first meeting in the Bahamas.

Unfortunately, CW struggled all year against the better teams UConn faced; a problem for multiple years actually.

Reaction Score
She should have stuck with how good South Carolina was and left the criticism inside her head. She's been digging at those two seniors for the last two years. Glad they are leaving so they can find peace.

Reaction Score
You can't turn a rock into a diamond no matter how hard you want it. Lets appreciate them for who and what they were as players. We all would love to have come in first but on that night South Carolina had better rocks.

Reaction Score
She should have stuck with how good South Carolina was and left the criticism inside her head. She's been digging at those two seniors for the last two years. Glad they are leaving so they can find peace.
K.W is 100 % correct! Liv and C.W. are very good players who at time just don't show up. It's been a pattern throughout their 4 years. They're Seniors in their last game as college players. should have lead by example not expect others to win it......JMHO!

PvP

Reaction Score
Let it rest. Olivia Nelson Ododa and Christyn Williams
are IMO tremendous women and team players. Much
success to each of them, and, of course, "Mom"!
Yeah people, let's not have an honest discussion and evaluation of these very nice (but tragically flawed) players. Who's got that broom to help sweep this whole honesty thing under the rug?

Reaction Score
K.W is 100 % correct! Liv and C.W. are very good players who at time just don't show up. It's been a pattern throughout their 4 years. They're Seniors in their last game as college players. should have lead by example not expect others to win it......JMHO!
Hey guess what maybe point out how bad Paige was on the defensive end just one time. Contain Henderson and maybe just maybe we have a fighting chance. K.W. your part of the family tree so I love ya. But to tear our seniors down on the outro is sad. It was a village in that loss

Reaction Score
The pain and disappointment we fans feel is undoubtedly minuscule compared to that felt by players.
Maybe better to let some time pass before any in-depth analysis?
Ladies left it all out there on the court time after time.
Now is not the time to throw stones.
IMHO.

Reaction Score
Hey guess what maybe point out how bad Paige was on the defensive end just one time. Contain Henderson and maybe just maybe we have a fighting chance. K.W. your part of the family tree so I love ya. But to tear our seniors down on the outro is sad. It was a village in that loss
this really gets swiped under the rug a lot. Paige is a great player, but if she wants to be one of those greats such as Maya and Diana she has to improve defensively and get more physical and intense on the defensive side. A few have suggested she put on muscle, but I don't think it's a strength issue. Henderson didn't look muscular and she was a lockdown defender.

sun

Reaction Score
IDK what game that you were watching, but in the game that I watched Paige played great defense, displayed great defensive effort and made some great defensive plays.
If UConn could clone Paige then they wouldn't have lost because she was all over the court.

Reaction Score
Liv also had to contend with an apparent groin issue which wasn't revealed until after the game. Wolters likely didn't know about it during this show. Liv was much better in the first meeting in the Bahamas.

Unfortunately, CW struggled all year against the better teams UConn faced; a problem for multiple years actually.
The groin injury was reported earlier in the season. A friend of mine suffered one and they had a heck of a time getting back to full strength. It's amazing how much movement is impacted when a specific muscle isn't 100%. That has to be tough.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I certainly agree that UConn needed more from our seniors against SC, the Huskies don’t even get to the championship game without them. SC is a great team. What the Gamecocks did to UConn, they’ve done to a lot of really good teams including: Stanford, NC State, Louisville and many others.

As far as Kara’s criticism that Christyn has been inconsistent all season long, that dog just won’t hunt. Early in the season perhaps. But Christyn has been remarkably consistent the second half of the season as UConn’s best player. Hell, she earned the Ann Meyers Drysdale Award as the very best shooting guard in the nation.

I will remind everyone that Christyn was the MOP of the BE tournament and was named to the all-tournament team at the Bridgeport Regional. Through the first 5 games of the Big Dance she was great. I love Kara Wolters, but sometimes she adds a bit too much hyperbole to her analysis.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I guess you didn’t see Paige limping around the court during the game. Kid was a warrior.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I completely agree with Kara. CW’s performance, specifically, was difficult to swallow in Championship Game, her last. At least Liv had to contend with Boston inside. Huskies desperately needed an aggressive, driving, contact seeking Christyn Williams— vintage, actually— & she virtually disappeared, instead.
Personally I think Geno was way too loyal to his seniors and way to optimistic that he only needed Dorka and Liv, particularly ii this injury plagued season. Where was Amari's development? And people wonder why UCONN does not attract the best bigs? Too many bigs is a good thing. Think Stokes, Stewart, and Steph! Take Liv out? No, have more options and support with Amari. Heck, maybe Piath given a chance could develop. As Nika once to have Plan B is always good relative to getting an education first then to go pro. CW? Comes off the bench like Evina. Frankly Geno missed the boat here. Caroline as a freshman is way better than CW.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Where was Amari's development? And people wonder why UCONN does not attract the best bigs? Too many bigs is a good thing. Think Stokes, Stewart, and Steph! Take Liv out? No, have more options and support with Amari.

You see the postgame video of Geno telling reporters that DeBerry, who he clearly likes and has hopes for, didn't take her freshman season particularly seriously?

Reaction Score
Here is a video of Henderson’s shots.

Only one was on Paige, and that was on a fast break.

Sorry, but the anti-Paige sentiment of some people on this board makes me sick. She played good defense and led the team in rebounds. No one is perfect, but Paige is here for only two more years, and we’ll unlikely see another player like her again. As we’ll unlikely see another Stewie.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Liv also had to contend with an apparent groin issue which wasn't revealed until after the game.
Why only two posts playing 99% of all minutes all season long? They won't get hurt while several players are dealing with injuries. Develop Piath and Amari with many minutes all season long. No, lets wait until the NCAA championship game and insert an under developed Amari. Not fully developing all of your personnel just in case is riverboat gambling.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You see the postgame video of Geno telling reporters that DeBerry, who he clearly likes and has hopes for, didn't take her freshman season particularly seriously?
Spin doctor is in the house! Where is the so-called great motivator? Coach? In failure throw the players under the bus. Hey, it wasn't the coaching. Someone is a genius which is an insult to the real geniuses such Einstein. Amari and Caroline should think long and hard about their future.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Why only two posts playing 99% of all minutes all season long? They won't get hurt while several players are dealing with injuries. Develop Piath and Amari with many minutes all season long. No, lets wait until the NCAA championship game and insert an under developed Amari. Not fully developing all of your personnel just in case is riverboat gambling.

Probably because PG is not and may never be a regular player at the UConn level, and DeBerry, as Geno mentioned, wasn't ready. He's said before he's not willing to put players, particularly freshmen out there to make their bad habits permanent. DeBerry is very talented but anyone who watched her in high school knew there were motor and effort issues. She needs a different mindset and Geno sounds confident that will come.

As for her minutes in the SC game, well, it was the title game and he was desperate. I think desperation played into her court time at Georgia Tech as well.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Yeah, don't speak the obvious truth. Her doublethink indoctrination failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom