Kara picks Huskies to beat Irish. | The Boneyard

Kara picks Huskies to beat Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
After a long analysis of UConn and ND, (following tonight's Baylor/OK game) -- Kara's broadcast partner asked her who she was picking for next Monday's game. Kara hemmed and hawed as long as she could, and then said: "I'm going with UConn for this game."

I hope you are right, Kara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U

UCONNfan1

Should be a terrific game. It's too bad UCONN ended up not being as dominant this year as most projected.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It could be another very nerve-wracking game.

I think Kelly should celebrate after Skylar's Senior Night. :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I have a very good feeling about this game (and the inevitable next one as well). Not quite Stanford like
But the team gets it together.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
My key to beat ND. Keep Breanna and Kiah around the basket on defense. Both are great shot blockers and will intimidate. On offense Breanna underneath will get fouled alot and ND dosnt have the height. We lost the last time at home with key players sick and injured or coming back from injury. I think were in better shape this time. UConn wins this one on the road.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My key to beat ND. Keep Breanna and Kiah around the basket on defense. Both are great shot blockers and will intimidate. On offense Breanna underneath will get fouled alot and ND dosnt have the height. We lost the last time at home with key players sick and injured or coming back from injury. I think were in better shape this time. UConn wins this one on the road.
Hope you are right Tony.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
After a long analysis of UConn and ND, (following tonight's Baylor/OK game) -- Kara's broadcast partner asked her who she was picking for next Monday's game. Kara hemmed and hawed as long as she could, and then said: "I'm going with UConn for this game."

I hope you are right, Kara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From her mouth to God's ears...

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'm just sayin', but shouldn't we be first concerned with Pitt and South Florida?! Especially the latter; they can be a very good team.............................

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
yes they can, and teams tend to bring their A-game when they play UConn.
Currently USF is 8-5 in the conference, 19-7 overall with losses to ND, DePaul, Nova and St John, and a split with Louisville whom they have played twice. The losses were within 10 points except for DePaul which was 16 point loss on the road 4 days after losing to ND by 4 in overtime at home. They also had two losses in December to non conference, un-ranked opponents.

I don't doubt that both will play us hard, ultimately we will win though. The ND game on the 4th is the marquis game that everyone is looking towards...except Geno and company of course.

Reaction Score
It's too early for ND analysis, especially with USF lurking and needing a quality win. For now, I'd just like to suggest not making the ND game a personal thing, or a revenge or grudge match. I think it better to just look at it as a game against a talented team, with a focus on taking care of business.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It's too early for ND analysis, especially with USF lurking and needing a quality win. For now, I'd just like to suggest not making the ND game a personal thing, or a revenge or grudge match. I think it better to just look at it as a game against a talented team, with a focus on taking care of business.

from your mouth to Kara Lawson's ears....:p

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Skylar's Senior Night is tonight, against Syracuse. Muffet chose to honor the seniors prior to the next-to-last game at the Joyce Center. I guess she wants to make sure the seniors' are completely focused next Monday night.

Reaction Score
Should be a terrific game. It's too bad UCONN ended up not being as dominant this year as most projected.

UConn is basically the only school that can say they ended up "not being as dominant this year" with a 25-2 record this season..

Reaction Score
We are a much better team than ND. Just compare player to player. But you still have to tip it off and play. The thing is, we USED to intimidate ND. Now it seems the reverse is true. We have to get our swagger back ! I remember a couple of years ago Skyler Diggins asking her teammates, "When are we going to get tired of losing to these guys"? See they have the confidence and swagger now, and we need to take it back.I am sick of them beating us. I am sick of them getting offensive rebounds against us. How ? We got Stef, Breanna, Kiah, Kaleena, and Morgan. Now tell me how do they get 1 offensive rebound against us ? Could they be out-hustling us. Not us, not the UCONN Huskies. They better not. We have to have a leader step up and say "This is our night, and you guys go down tonight" ! Take the swagger back ! We are better on paper, and we are better on YOUR court !
GO UCONN GO !

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I will be very surprised if we don't play them 3 more times, including the finals of the BE and the semi-finals of the NC. It really looks as if no one has a chance of beating UConn, ND, or Baylor exceptUConn, ND, and Baylor, which means that we and ND will be the 2 and 3 seeds in the NC.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts from the group on double-teaming Diggins and utilizing more full-court pressure? If Diggins is constantly double-teamed who handles the ball and creates shots? Just a thought...

Reaction Score
nd is more than just diggins. Achonwa and Mallory are very capable of hurting any team they play. And Jewel Loyd is having a terrific rookie year and will be the PG of the future for nd. Rebounding will be the key - and limiting our own turnovers while forcing ND into more turnovers than they are accustomed to.

But - We have PITT and USF before ND. Let's not put the cart before the horse. Take care of business one game at a time.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We are a much better team than ND. Just compare player to player. But you still have to tip it off and play. The thing is, we USED to intimidate ND. Now it seems the reverse is true. We have to get our swagger back ! I remember a couple of years ago Skyler Diggins asking her teammates, "When are we going to get tired of losing to these guys"? See they have the confidence and swagger now, and we need to take it back.I am sick of them beating us. I am sick of them getting offensive rebounds against us. How ? We got Stef, Breanna, Kiah, Kaleena, and Morgan. Now tell me how do they get 1 offensive rebound against us ? Could they be out-hustling us. Not us, not the UCONN Huskies. They better not. We have to have a leader step up and say "This is our night, and you guys go down tonight" ! Take the swagger back ! We are better on paper, and we are better on YOUR court !
GO UCONN GO !

To answer your questions. ND was a team of 5th year seniors and we were young last season. Their experience and our lack of experience is why we lost. We lost by one point this season with injuries, coming back from injuries and sick players. It looks like Bria and Breanna are back. We should be ND Monday nite, in the BE and NCAAs if we face them. I was more then surprised when we lost earlier this season. There shouldnt be any excuses for losing to them only reasons. From here on out for the next few years it will be UConn and ND and we will be in a battle. Diggins is gone after this season and that will hurt ND alot. IMO Diggins is one of the top if not the top point guards in WCBB.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kara mentioned ND cause its "ESPN's" next big game... wasn't looking past the others

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score

Hate to break the news but ND's Senior Night is tonight against Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is about Kara wolters picking UConn to win.

Reaction Score
nd is more than just diggins. Achonwa and Mallory are very capable of hurting any team they play.

Dang that Mallory never seems to graduate...did she get another medical red-shirt year? ;) Actually I think you may have been referring to McBride. She is definitely capable of hurting the opponent...just ask the Cuse as she dropped 25 on them tonight.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts from the group on double-teaming Diggins and utilizing more full-court pressure? If Diggins is constantly double-teamed who handles the ball and creates shots? Just a thought...

I am always in favor of full court pressure, but does UConn have the personnel? An injured Banks and an ailing Doty makes extending full court pressure a dicey option; Roll them only if you have to.
As for double teaming Diggins, a one point loss that could easily have gone UConn's way is no reason to adopt a different strategy. Diggings is the proven commodity. My feeling is that UConn would be better served working to limit McBride's contributions. She was the difference in the last meeting.

Reaction Score
Dang that Mallory never seems to graduate...did she get another medical red-shirt year? ;) Actually I think you may have been referring to McBride. She is definitely capable of hurting the opponent...just ask the Cuse as she dropped 25 on them tonight.
Yes, indeed I did mean McBride.

Reaction Score
I think is tired of losing to ND and will make sure they are hitting on all cylinders come Monday.....Bria needs to play big and cause some major issues to all the ND guards.........UCONN by 15.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom