Kara Lawson's Dad Has Passed | The Boneyard

Kara Lawson's Dad Has Passed

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
May he rest in peace.
This man lived a very principled life. Besides his military service he insisted that his daughter go to Stanford and NOT TN. In this case he did not get his way but that principle should be universally emulated.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
May he rest in peace.
This man lived a very principled life. Besides his military service he insisted that his daughter go to Stanford and NOT TN. In this case he did not get his way but that principle should be universally emulated.

I forgot that. The talking heads said it had them not talking to each other for a while.

Reaction Score
Don't know anything about her dad, but, under the principle that the apple doesn't fall far the tree, he must have been an amazing man. My sincere sympathies to an extraordinary young woman.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"For 3 1/2 years, Bill Lawson did not go to his daughter's games. He banned orange from his house. He refused to sign her letter of intent to go to Tennessee.

But Kara Lawson went anyway. Tonight, she will play in her last collegiate game for the Lady Vols when Tennessee faces UConn for the national championship in the Georgia Dome.

And Bill Lawson will be there."

Lawson Rewrote Father's Game Plan

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Kara's father really wanted her to go to Stanford and was very disappointed that she chose Tennessee. I believe it took him 3 years to get over it. I think he very much valued the Stanford education.

Prayers and condolences to Kara and her family. She is a good person, and I'm sure her father helped mold her.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Kara's father really wanted her to go to Stanford and was very disappointed that she chose Tennessee. I believe it took him 2-3 years to get over it. I think he very much valued the Stanford education.

Prayers and condolences to Kara and her family. She is a good person, and I'm sure her father helped mold her.

Uh, Milford, look up the line. 3 1/2 years! But this is a time for remembering they reconciled and enjoyed many years of love before he passed on.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Uh, Milford, look up the line. 3 1/2 years! But this is a time for remembering they reconciled and enjoyed many years of love before he passed on.
I changed my post to 3 years. Sorry, I'm a little under the weather and not reading clearly. I recall seeing him in the stands--finally--and he was pointed out by the announcers.

Dad obviously wanted what was best for Kara.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I changed my post to 3 years. Sorry, I'm a little under the weather and not reading clearly. I recall seeing him in the stands--finally--and he was pointed out by the announcers.

Dad obviously wanted what was best for Kara.

Feel better. I'm not so hot myself. Weeks of forest fire poor air quality get to be wearying and it's getting worse. Nothing to the travails of our compatriots in the southland. Good thoughts to all.

Reaction Score
'Gone to his Eternal Reward', did great on raising Kara. She made him proud !

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom