Kanye West Donda Academy | The Boneyard

Kanye West Donda Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody heard of Kanye starting a basketball academy and already getting Jaylen Hooks amongst other recruits? Very interesting

Reaction Score
Well, when you're leaving Combine Academy to go to Donda, I'm not sure it makes a difference really.

But I still say one of the biggest jokes ever was UConn getting banned in 2013 because of the APR.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It makes sense in the social media influencer age we live in. Each of these kids will increase their exposure and endorsement dollars based on going there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It will be a disaster.

I saw the application online and whoever created it spent about three minutes on it and could not think of one thing to include that might be helpful to evaluate a student for admission.

It’s “um, what’s your name and stuff?”

Maybe don’t commit your kid to a school that doesn’t actually exist that’s run by a guy who spent four minutes thinking about it and who will likely off on his next hare-brained idea four minutes from now.

Reaction Score
Not at all surprising that Zion Cruz signed up for this.

Reaction Score
Not superjohn...
0e463b27-107d-4a9a-a4ea-490ff3340c12_text.gif

Reaction Score
So anyone there can't go to college? I don't know who is there but I was assuming some of those kids were being recruited by college programs.
Apparently they would've been able to go to Kentucky!

Here's an article about the team being kicked out of an upcoming tournament. Kanye West’s Donda Academy Basketball Team Kicked Out Of Tournament

"Donda Academy’s basketball program includes five-star guards Robert Dillingham and AJ Johnson. According to ESPN, Dillingham, the No.5 recruit in the 2023 Basketball class, recently committed to the University of Kentucky."

Reaction Score

Here's an article about the team being kicked out of an upcoming tournament. Kanye West’s Donda Academy Basketball Team Kicked Out Of Tournament

"Donda Academy’s basketball program includes five-star guards Robert Dillingham and AJ Johnson. According to ESPN, Dillingham, the No.5 recruit in the 2023 Basketball class, recently committed to the University of Kentucky."
Possible they could have been doing the educational side of things through a separate accredited program.

Reaction Score

So how does a college accept credits from a high school that's not accredited? I thought the NCAA cracked down on this a long time ago. For example, I remember the NCAA said colleges couldn't accept credits from Notre Dame Academy in Fitchburg, MA because they determined it was a basketball factory and not a real school. Someone needs to explain to me why colleges can accept credits from Donda Academy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So how does a college accept credits from a high school that's not accredited? I thought the NCAA cracked down on this a long time ago. For example, I remember the NCAA said colleges couldn't accept credits from Notre Dame Academy in Fitchburg, MA because they determined it was a basketball factory and not a real school. Someone needs to explain to me why colleges can accept credits from Donda Academy.
kanye GIF

Reaction Score
I'm fascinated by the parents that would send their kid to this place. I assume (for the non-athletes) it's the children of hangers-on or people who are somehow in his orbit professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom