Kansas | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Kansas

Reaction Score
Lol savage quote.

Hate the part of the week where ppl online offer up what their game plan would be.

I shouldn't have taken Adderall today, this is going to be a long wait.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just for the record, after reading the posts about the students camping out, Kansas has a certain protocol for students camping out for seats. They can go home at 10:00 pm. And they are assigned groups of up to 5 and only 1 group member needs to be there at any time there's a roll call between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm. So the students aren't there 24 hours a day until game time.

Now, for those wondering how camping at KU works, there are a few steps. First is the lottery process.

The lottery process is held the morning after the last home game. Depending on the day, doors to Allen Fieldhouse open between 5:30 and 7:30 a.m., with the lottery commencing promptly 30 minutes later.

To participate, students must be present from the start of the lottery, as entry is barred for latecomers. The location for the lottery alternates between the north end of Allen Fieldhouse and, if unavailable, outside the south end of the parking garage.

Students register online an hour before the lottery, and groups check in upon arrival to receive a draw number. The number that is drawn determines camping order, and one chance to draw is allotted to a camping group for every five members present. There is a maximum of six draws per group.

As for the camping itself, the rules are pretty stringent. “Roll call” can occur anytime during designated camping hours (6 a.m.-10 p.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m.-10 p.m. on weekends), and each group must have at least one member present for the call. The final roll call happens three hours before the game, after which students can leave the Fieldhouse and return two hours before tipoff.

Roll calls are announced loudly and all groups are required to respond. Missing a roll call leads to a group being crossed off the list, a decision that can be disputed by a majority vote among present groups. Roll call simply ensures that groups are committed to the cause and present for camping hours.

It’s rational. You have to do it somehow. I never camped at Gampel or AFH. I just accepted the bad corner seats at AFH. It was still fun. And loud. At Gampel I lucked into the Willie Wonka golden ticket. So I was behind the basket no matter what. That was just one season. I don’t even remember if there was a problem getting tickets at the Field House.

Reaction Score
Donovan is well known, but tonight he really asserts himself as one of the top dawgs in college basketball. Lets go Huskies.

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
I hate the media so much... i remember coach Calhoun saying in maybe after the 11' title, "First off we're not defending anything, its ours (championship)". It's like nails on a chalk board to me when its not referred to as a TITLE REIGN. This season is the Huskies title reign. This isn't boxing, "defending". Sheesh

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just for the record, after reading the posts about the students camping out, Kansas has a certain protocol for students camping out for seats. They can go home at 10:00 pm. And they are assigned groups of up to 5 and only 1 group member needs to be there at any time there's a roll call between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm. So the students aren't there 24 hours a day until game time.

Now, for those wondering how camping at KU works, there are a few steps. First is the lottery process.

The lottery process is held the morning after the last home game. Depending on the day, doors to Allen Fieldhouse open between 5:30 and 7:30 a.m., with the lottery commencing promptly 30 minutes later.

To participate, students must be present from the start of the lottery, as entry is barred for latecomers. The location for the lottery alternates between the north end of Allen Fieldhouse and, if unavailable, outside the south end of the parking garage.

Students register online an hour before the lottery, and groups check in upon arrival to receive a draw number. The number that is drawn determines camping order, and one chance to draw is allotted to a camping group for every five members present. There is a maximum of six draws per group.

As for the camping itself, the rules are pretty stringent. “Roll call” can occur anytime during designated camping hours (6 a.m.-10 p.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m.-10 p.m. on weekends), and each group must have at least one member present for the call. The final roll call happens three hours before the game, after which students can leave the Fieldhouse and return two hours before tipoff.

Roll calls are announced loudly and all groups are required to respond. Missing a roll call leads to a group being crossed off the list, a decision that can be disputed by a majority vote among present groups. Roll call simply ensures that groups are committed to the cause and present for camping hours.

That's camping in the same way that Helms is a championship.

(It isn't.)

Reaction Score
So my friend looked at our tickets last night and was bummed to realize we are actually row 9 behind the UConn bench. Looking forward to Dan’s colorful commentary.
I think you'll still hear him.

Reaction Score
Too bad we don't have Charles Okwandu to start and take the first two bogus foul calls.
So true, maybe Hurley should start a bench player not Samson to absorb those fouls.

Reaction Score
It won't happen but.... would our staff counsel Clingan to lay off just a bit early on? Kinda like playing with 4 fouls? Too aggressive and he sits for10 minutes first half.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is there some kind of sign-up to be one of Damelio's UConn "boys" because that is a list I would like to be on.
A six figure contribution to his collective should do the trick.

CL82

Reaction Score
A six figure contribution to his collective should do the trick.
I'm in if you're in (and paying for both of us.)

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
“Had to take a shower after reading about these two dirty teams”. Coming from a fan of a team who has one of the biggest cheaters in ncaa bb as their head coach. Y’all that seems like the pot callin the kettle black….
They also have what is likely the longest history of cheating (in men's basketball) of any school in the NCAA. Even Louisville can view them as cheaters.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm in if you're in (and paying for both of us.)
Hell, if I had that kind of money to throw around I'd be in Lawrence for the game as we speak, with a super model on each arm.

I would send you a picture or two.

CL82

Reaction Score
Hell, if I had that kind of money to throw around I'd be in Lawrence for the game as we speak, with a super model on each arm.

I would send you a picture or two.
My new mental image of @FfldCntyFan:

1701467572839.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer