Kansas | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kansas

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This is a part of the Big East/Big 12 challenge, I don’t think Kansas had any say on where the game was played.
I bet they did - teams can always set terms or agree to play somewhere or not. And regardless, we need better OOC homes games. That's a fact, right?

Reaction Score
This is a part of the Big East/Big 12 challenge, I don’t think Kansas had any say on where the game was played.

The Battle matchups are jointly determined by the two conferences, with the home team choosing the venue of its game. Broadcast arrangements for the contests will be determined by the national television rights holder of the home team, which is ESPN for the Big 12 and FOX Sports for the BIG EAST.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

The Battle matchups are jointly determined by the two conferences, with the home team choosing the venue of its game. Broadcast arrangements for the contests will be determined by the national television rights holder of the home team, which is ESPN for the Big 12 and FOX Sports for the BIG EAST.
How do they decide who the home team is?

Reaction Score
That’s true but this game was announced back in May. If they were on the road for the challenge they had time to schedule another game big game for the season.

Reaction Score
How do they decide who the home team is?
I suspect that deciding the home team is part of the negotiations between the conferences in setting the matchups. Presumably each team tells their conference who they are willing to play at home and who they are willing to play on the road. It must be quite a jigsaw puzzle to put it all together.

I'm glad the home team has discretion on venue, so we couldn't be forced to play at XL Center.

Reaction Score
Let's just hope that if we were hosting Kansas, the administration wouldn't play at MSG, Barclay, Boston Garden, or XL. Actually, they'd probably schedule it for XL and force buyers to buy every XL game to get Kansas tickets.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I suspect that deciding the home team is part of the negotiations between the conferences in setting the matchups. Presumably each team tells their conference who they are willing to play at home and who they are willing to play on the road. It must be quite a jigsaw puzzle to put it all together.

I'm glad the home team has discretion on venue, so we couldn't be forced to play at XL Center.
Yes. But my overall point is that we should be playing games like this at Gampel AND/OR XL, every year.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Let's just hope that if we were hosting Kansas, the administration wouldn't play at MSG, Barclay, Boston Garden, or XL. Actually, they'd probably schedule it for XL and force buyers to buy every XL game to get Kansas tickets.
XL should be in play for a game like this. Like Gampel. MSG or Boston should not.

Reaction Score
XL should be in play for a game like this. Like Gampel. MSG or Boston should not.
Agreed.

I just meant that I'm glad we have control and are not bound by some clause like 'cannot play on-campus if school plays multiple regular season home games at other venue'.

Reaction Score
I bet the conferences purposely paired SJ and WV back in the spring to pair up Pitino and Huggins. Would have been a strong, fun narrative.

But alas...

Reaction Score
The Karaban on Dickinson plan doesn’t work cause he’ll have no reason to stay on the perimeter. Our man D is going to be tested with Don frequently floating out on the 3pt line. Smells like a Diarra game.
Smells like a Diarra game?

That’s no bueno for anyone involved!

Reaction Score

The last time I believe Kansas played us in CT was Rips freshman year when he was forced to play some PG due to Ricky Moore and Kirk King being suspended. It was at the Hartford Civic Center and I promise you it was one of the loudest in UConn history. Gampel wouldn’t have been as loud for that game, I was there it was packed to the rafters and the electricity was astounding.

Reaction Score
Good to see Castle out there. Looks like they chased the student body out that were camping inside. Hopefully Hurley locked the doors behind him so they can't get back in.

Reaction Score
My daughter has her first solo violin recital tomorrow night, so I won't be able to catch this until around the half. Her piece is only a few minutes of a ~2 hour line up. Still trying to decide whether to keep an eye on the score or do my best to ignore it and watch from the start on an hour delay. First world problems.
Nothing says love like a father muttering obscenities into his phone during his daughter's recital.

Reaction Score
My daughter has her first solo violin recital tomorrow night, so I won't be able to catch this until around the half. Her piece is only a few minutes of a ~2 hour line up. Still trying to decide whether to keep an eye on the score or do my best to ignore it and watch from the start on an hour delay. First world problems.
just pop in the bluetooth earbuds and turn off the game during her piece

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wish I didn’t watch that Self press conference. Came close to almost liking the bastard:eek:
He may be a cheater but you could see he was a great coach pretty quickly. I got to see it personally as I was living in Chicago when he coached Illinois. I knew the Illinois SID and he always spoke highly of what a great guy Self was. Go back and look at his record starting in 1998 with Tulsa. It’s like he wins the regular season or conference tourney championships every year. He put Illinois back on the map as they had a bad run after Lou “Do” Henson left. Weber did ok after Self left but I really do think he was drafting on the program Self had created in his short three years at the school.

Reaction Score

These kids are used to seeing our banners and haven’t been anywhere comparable. Good for them to feel what it’s like to be in a true peer’s house. It’ll be especially great for the younger guys and those who didn’t contribute as much to NC5. Most places will be a cake walk after playing in Phog.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think the fans and to an extent the KU players are going to try to get under Hurley’s and the kids skin to get them T’d up or thrown out. Hoping we keep our cool

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom