Kansas thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kansas thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, that game was kind of an exclamation point on the end of the argument about Brimah this year, huh?
What argument? About whether he has improved from when he got here? He obviously has improved, but he still plays bad games where's he's a non factor. They're not mutually exclusive.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great analysis people. Brimah getting into foul trouble quickly was a major impact to the game. He also had a game of fumble fingers and that reduced the offensive options in the second half.
I would have preferred Kentan or even Nolan playing against Lucas as opposed to Shonn this game because Shonn was clearly overmatched on the defensive end against Lucas. And he was neutralized on the offensive end. But the huge deficit, and DHam's inability to finish on the offensive end, tied KO's hands.
I believe it was a combo of Kansas's defense and DHam reverting back to the pre tournament DHam that reduced his offensive output. Had he finished plays like he did against Cinci (the defense against him that game was every bit as good if not better than the Kansas defense) and had AB stayed out of foul trouble this might have been a different game.
Where Kansas really impacted the game was their play on Miller. They overplayed him. He's a master at creating his own shot but Ellis and Lucas were constantly double teaming him. And they were far more effective because of their skill set than Temple and Cinci. The limitation to Shonn's game was sadly exposed by this. He is slow at seeing things develop and he has limited skills at passing. Love Shonn for what he can do and UConn does not get into the tourney without Shonn on the team, but he was always a limited option.

Reaction Score
What argument? About whether he has improved from when he got here? He obviously has improved, but he still plays bad games where's he's a non factor. They're not mutually exclusive.

To this point exactly, he has improved in some games and when he has bad games he hasn't improved? LOL, it adds up to very little just check out the "good" games vs the "eh or bad" games. He's closer to the same guy is my point and after 3 years we should expect more form our 5 at UConn am I wrong saying this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom