Kansas Roll Call | The Boneyard

Kansas Roll Call

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Check in Here if you are going to Lawrence for the game. I was considering waiting until after UNH, but even if it is a "Trap Game" I'm just not worried about it. So let's see who will be there in Allen Field House. If you can't tell, I'm more than usually excited for this one.

I am aware that UConn AD is having a thing at the bar at the Oread Hotel (Bird Dog Bar). I know some of you booked that hotel. I'm planning to be in Lawrence most of Friday and to pre-game at The Wheel. The Wheel is like KU's version of Ted's in many ways. Happy to buy beers for some of you Boneyard degenerates if I see you there. It may be mobbed. I'm going to try to talk my friends into Lawrence Beer Co earlier in the day. I'd encourage people to check out Massachusetts Street if you are there well before the game (or after).

Curious to see how many yarders are making the trip.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I'll be there. I was going no matter, but being able to get 3 other arenas checked off that I haven't been too yet on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday makes it 100x better. Allen Fieldhouse was the first arena I went to 13 years ago to officially kick off my goal of going to every D1 CBB arena so can't wait to go back for a heck of a lot more hyped game this time!

Reaction Score
Check in Here if you are going to Lawrence for the game. I was considering waiting until after UNH, but even if it is a "Trap Game" I'm just not worried about it. So let's see who will be there in Allen Field House. If you can't tell, I'm more than usually excited for this one.

I am aware that UConn AD is having a thing at the bar at the Oread Hotel (Bird Dog Bar). I know some of you booked that hotel. I'm planning to be in Lawrence most of Friday and to pre-game at The Wheel. The Wheel is like KU's version of Ted's in many ways. Happy to buy beers for some of you Boneyard degenerates if I see you there. It may be mobbed. I'm going to try to talk my friends into Lawrence Beer Co earlier in the day. I'd encourage people to check out Massachusetts Street if you are there well before the game (or after).

I'll be there! planning on Oread meet up , but open to all. flying in late thurs to KC, then work a little from hotel and head down to Lawrence early afternoon. would love to check out Lawrrence beer Co too. Just pulled trigger on tix ( DM me to connect ) - dave

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'll be there. I was going no matter, but being able to get 3 other arenas checked off that I haven't been too yet on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday makes it 100x better. Allen Fieldhouse was the first arena I went to 13 years ago to officially kick off my goal of going to every D1 CBB arena so can't wait to go back for a heck of a lot more hyped game this time!
Where else are you going? I hear Bramledge is always a good spot, but I've never gone.

Reaction Score
Awesome that you fellas are going to represent in Lawrence. I can’t make the trip but want to watch the game with other Husky fans. Can anyone recommend a good bar in CT that I might not be the only one with a Husky jersey on?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'd encourage people to check out Massachusetts Street if you are there well before the game (or after).
If UConn wins they have to rename it Connecticut Street.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If UConn wins they have to rename it Connecticut Street.
There is already a Connecticut Street. Three blocks east between Rhode Island and New York. Town was founded by abolitionists from Mass, so that’s “Main Street”.

Reaction Score

I’ll be there with my son. Can’t wait

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
+3. Going to the alumni event before. Does anyone know if we can park and walk to Allen fieldhouse from there?
I don’t know how much parking there is if you aren’t staying at the Oread. There is valet parking for guests. There is some street Parking along Indiana next to it, but it may be time limited. The central district parking garage is unfortunately kind of in the opposite direction, a bit on the other side of AFH. Lot 90 spots will fill fast. If not walking from the Oread, suggest getting in Lot 90 or the central district garage early as they will fill up.

AFH is about a mile walk from the Oread. Not too bad. Uphill on the way back though. UConn alumni should be familiar with hills.

I am realizing how spoiled I was as a law student. We were allowed to use the AFH garage although not during games. Still, we could park at the law school surface lot across the street.

Ok, for people going to the Oread but not staying there, I found another option.
Spencer Museum of Art. It will involve even more walking. Lot 91 is next to the Spencer museum of art (and the football stadium) which the Oread sits above along a ridge. It’s free and open after 5:00 PM on weekdays. But it is relatively close to the Oread (7 minute walk). It’s actually a nice walk up the grassy hill with the Campanile from that lot to AFH.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how much parking there is if you aren’t staying at the Oread. There is valet parking for guests. There is some street Parking along Indiana next to it, but it may be time limited. The central district parking garage is unfortunately kind of in the opposite direction, a bit on the other side of AFH. Lot 90 spots will fill fast. If not walking from the Oread, suggest getting in Lot 90 or the central district garage early as they will fill up.

AFH is about a mile walk from the Oread. Not too bad. Uphill on the way back though. UConn alumni should be familiar with hills.

I am realizing how spoiled I was as a law student. We were allowed to use the AFH garage although not during games. Still, we could park at the law school surface lot across the street.

Ok, for people going to the Oread but not staying there, I found another option.
Spencer Museum of Art. It will involve even more walking. Lot 91 is next to the Spencer museum of art (and the football stadium) which the Oread sits above along a ridge. It’s free and open after 5:00 PM on weekdays. But it is relatively close to the Oread (7 minute walk). It’s actually a nice walk up the grassy hill with the Campanile from that lot to AFH.
Thanks for the insight. Was a little bit confused on the parking which is why I asked about the Oread. Seems weird that there are only two places you can park on gameday and they fill up quickly. Where else do you park if they fill? Would have thought it’d be similar to a uconn campus with the “prime” parking (south garage) or choose to take the walk from the exterior lots.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight. Was a little bit confused on the parking which is why I asked about the Oread. Seems weird that there are only two places you can park on gameday and they fill up quickly. Where else do you park if they fill? Would have thought it’d be similar to a uconn campus with the “prime” parking (south garage) or choose to take the walk from the exterior lots.
Well you can walk from far away, like the lot 91 I mentioned. Seems that season ticket donors get parking passes, and that is probably 2/3 of the non-student crowd. So the Garage next to AFH is all parking pass people only, as are a few surface lots close by. Students can walk from where they live. So that doesn't leave that many people like you or me in a normal game.

UConn probably picked the Oread thinking most UConn fans would stay there, as it is the only hotel "on campus". It just happens to still be pretty far. Campus is not a rectangle like UConn. It's more sprawling, and the core is along Jayhawk Boulevard, which snakes along an elevated ridge that slopes down on both sides behind the buildings on it.
This video, starting at 1:39 shows the length of Jayhawk Blvd. stating at the circle/fountain near the frats (which is directly up from AFH on Naismith Dr. .3 miles) to the Oread (which is the end of the street). Might help people get their bearings.

Reaction Score

I’ll be there

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I expect to hear you guys. Give us a good ole UConn cheer from AFH

Someone has to be Red for a day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads