Kamiko Williams playing tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kamiko Williams playing tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't agree with your last sentence. Taber's injury was a factor but I believe that Kamiko would have played this season even without the injury. From everything I have read Kamiko's goal was always to come back this season. The coaches, athlete, and doctors have to agree. On this case the doctors said she was good and Kamiko wanted to play. Even without Taber's injury I think they would have let her play since that is what she wants and she is needed. If the player doesn't want to stay an extra year then a redshirt is pointless.
you're not disagreeing with me. you are disagreeing with Holly Warlick. as cat quoted earlier...

Holly Warlick: "With Taber (Spani) out, we didn't know if we were going to possibly redshirt her still or play her. With Taber out, it kind of pushed the issue for us."

now you can split hairs and presume whatever you want. but that's a direct quote from Holly. perhaps they would have leaned more towards redshirting her even if she were ready to come back if Taber were healthy. perhaps they don't expect Taber to be 100% even by the end of the year and they felt it was worth not redshirting Kamilo. but the point is they were considering redshirting Williams before Taber's injury. Since Taber was injured, they decided to bring Kamiko back and not redshirt her.

i never said they brought her back too early or to her detriment. i'm not sure even what you are disagreeing with as i'm pretty much saying exactly what Holly said, just in a different way.

when i player is injured or sick, and misses a good portion of the season, the player may be cleared to come back, but the coaches and player may decide a redshirt makes more sense so they will have full seasons to enjoy playing. as i said earlier, when Buck went out with mono, she certainly could have come back, but UCONN had Tina Charles and Kaili Maclaren and decided to redshirt her so she could have a full season down the road instead of just a half season, and even less given the amount of time it would take to really get her to 100%.

The coaches were considering redshirting Kamiko. then Taber got injured. Kamiko was cleared to play and so the issue to redshirt her was decided against due to Taber's injury.

Reaction Score
that makes sense. were they talking about redshirting Spani or Williams?
At this time they were talking about Williams! Pat saying Taber will be out for 2-3 weeks. Williams,did in fact play 16 min in her ist game back. They had been saying she was coming along
much quicker than one would have thought! I did not think they were going to risk playing her this year! With Taber out,that obviousely came into play of playing Kamiko this soon. I hope this does not end up being a disaster for her. If Williams does reinjure her knee and Taber remains out WOW

Reaction Score
you're not disagreeing with me. you are disagreeing with Holly Warlick. as cat quoted earlier...

Holly Warlick: "With Taber (Spani) out, we didn't know if we were going to possibly redshirt her still or play her. With Taber out, it kind of pushed the issue for us."

now you can split hairs and presume whatever you want. but that's a direct quote from Holly. perhaps they would have leaned more towards redshirting her even if she were ready to come back if Taber were healthy. perhaps they don't expect Taber to be 100% even by the end of the year and they felt it was worth not redshirting Kamilo. but the point is they were considering redshirting Williams before Taber's injury. Since Taber was injured, they decided to bring Kamiko back and not redshirt her.

i never said they brought her back too early or to her detriment. i'm not sure even what you are disagreeing with as i'm pretty much saying exactly what Holly said, just in a different way.

when i player is injured or sick, and misses a good portion of the season, the player may be cleared to come back, but the coaches and player may decide a redshirt makes more sense so they will have full seasons to enjoy playing. as i said earlier, when Buck went out with mono, she certainly could have come back, but UCONN had Tina Charles and Kaili Maclaren and decided to redshirt her so she could have a full season down the road instead of just a half season, and even less given the amount of time it would take to really get her to 100%.

The coaches were considering redshirting Kamiko. then Taber got injured. Kamiko was cleared to play and so the issue to redshirt her was decided against due to Taber's injury.
Holly herself stated regarding bringing Williams back or redshirting her that"Taber being out pushed the issue for us" I am assuming Williams was cleared by all concerned,but since the issue of redshirting Williams had remained on the table, playing her may be a risk. I would not be surprised if Holly,Pat,medical staff,rephrase Holly's comment!
It had been stated by Kamiko and others for some time that she was way ahead of shedule and she said she was going to be back this season. If Kamiko stays healthy and with time gets to 100% game shape it is great news for TN,especially with Taber out! If both end up out it is disaster! If both are able to play and be healthy,it does improve TN tremendousely. This will be very interesting to see how this plays out! Will Taber be back in 2-3 weeks and fully recovered? Will Kamiko not have a recurance of ACL injury! The drama continues at TN

Reaction Score
It certainly could be interpreted that way. But you have to admit that 5 month recovery is extraordinary. I can only think of one other one that fast and that was Jolly in 1998?

"Per Warlick, "With Taber out it kind of pushed the issue for us". Clearing her for practice is one thing. Playing in games and burning her redshirt is another.
I was more concerned with them playing Spani while she was hurting against the tough teams and sitting her out now against the weaker teams. You would think that sitting her right after she was injured until she was 100% would make more sense. I guess they felt it was just pain tolorance and Spani would not cause any additional damage. She certainly wasn't playing as well as before the injury.
I had listed the games this month for TN in a thread the other day. In the next 3+ weeks we will see how good GA,Vandibilt
,Kentucky, and ND ;) are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69