Kamari Lands de-commits from Cuse | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kamari Lands de-commits from Cuse

Reaction Score
Reading their board is quite therapeutic, actually.

"The ACC was our curtain call. We have money at the cost of crummy football and mediocre hoops. Football was doomed regardless. I expected basketball to take a hit in the ACC. If a recruit wants to play in the ACC why go to Syracuse? Reminds me of the diehard Rutgers fans fueled by the mistaken belief that Big East membership would boost their recruiting. I'm crushed; I thought that we were about to turn things around."

"Don’t we have the Falk College of Sport Management? Shouldn’t that be the leading resource of expertise in the subject in the whole wide world? And we are (we’re?) New York’s college team or somesuch. New York is the media and ad capital of the world. And we have Newhouse, a leading school for advertising. Shouldn’t all of that lead to Syracuse being a major player in NIL?"

Imagine thinking being 4 hours away from NYC means something in recruiting? Laugh out loud funny.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Given how much the Syracuse board brags about the financial benefits of ACC membership, it's highly ironic their top recruit de-comitts because of money (I understand NIL and school media rights have nothing to do with each other, but the casuals up in Canada have always acted like they every one & their fan base are sharing in that ACC revenue...)

Reaction Score
True but that doesn't stop us from being proactive in this regard. Our relationship with FOX and FOX's heavy investments in the BIG 10 and PAC 12 helps us.

Conversations need to happen already at the conference level and between school leaders. There most definitely is mutual interest here. The geographical footprint of Big East schools in the major northeast and Midwest markets cannot be minimized. Also, the current Big East is a stable conference and not vulnerable which matters and helps in this regard.

A couple of more points.

1) I'd bet that Fox's relationship with their Pac12 and Big10 partners is the driving force with ACC alliance. I'm not exactly sure what the ACC's motivations are but I would bet that feelers were made to Clemson and Florida State by the SEC and regardless of their relationship with ESPN... the ACC (and Notre Dame) was going to preemptively put an end to it by joining up with Big10 and Pac12 and controlling the college football playoff.

2) In the case of the Big East having zero leverage in aligning with the Pac12 and Big 10... they don't have much which is true because so much of this is football driven but the Big East is still a major partner with Fox and Fox wants to keep everyone happy. Also, if the NCAA tournament craters due to the SEC's greed, Fox would be in a position to capitalize with their own version of March Madness comprising of those 4 conferences.

Reaction Score
A couple of more points.

1) I'd bet that Fox's relationship with their Pac12 and Big10 partners is the driving force with ACC alliance. I'm not exactly sure what the ACC's motivations are but I would bet that feelers were made to Clemson and Florida State by the SEC and regardless of their relationship with ESPN... the ACC (and Notre Dame) was going to preemptively put an end to it by joining up with Big10 and Pac12 and controlling the college football playoff.

2) In the case of the Big East having zero leverage in aligning with the Pac12 and Big 10... they don't have much which is true because so much of this is football driven but the Big East is still a major partner with Fox and Fox wants to keep everyone happy. Also, if the NCAA tournament craters due to the SEC's greed, Fox would be in a position to capitalize with their own version of March Madness comprising of those 4 conferences.

Agreed. As for the ACC’s motivation for joining the alliance, they are in the weakest and most vulnerable position compared to the Big 10 and PAC 12. The conventional logic was/is that the PAC 12 was the weakest after the Big 12 but that’s false.

FOX is loyal to its brands. ESPN will sell you out as has been shown repeatedly. The ACC is well aware of this fact.

Geography makes ACC vulnerable to SEC poaching. Maryland leaving shows they are also vulnerable to Big 10 poaching.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I have no words...

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 12.36.28 PM.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members