Kamari Lands de-commits from Cuse | The Boneyard

Kamari Lands de-commits from Cuse

Reaction Score
1629585501265.png

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
This is good for Syracuse in the long run. The more they lose now and the more discontented their fans become, the sooner Syracuse admits that they made a mistake with ACC basketball, and therefore the sooner they petition to rejoin the Big East.

Reaction Score

Show me the $$$

-> Reached by phone shortly after posting his decision on social media, Lands explained that he wanted to be recruited again so he could hear from coaches about his opportunities under the NCAA’s new legislation allowing athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

“I’ve been thinking about this ever since the NIL bill came out,’' Lands said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to be recruited in that way.’' <-

->Lands reportedly turned down a recent offer to sign a pro contract with Overtime Elite. He said he remains open to both college and pro opportunities. “College is still something I’m considering,’' he said. “Everything’s open.’' <-

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Show me the $$$

-> Reached by phone shortly after posting his decision on social media, Lands explained that he wanted to be recruited again so he could hear from coaches about his opportunities under the NCAA’s new legislation allowing athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

“I’ve been thinking about this ever since the NIL bill came out,’' Lands said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to be recruited in that way.’' <-

->Lands reportedly turned down a recent offer to sign a pro contract with Overtime Elite. He said he remains open to both college and pro opportunities. “College is still something I’m considering,’' he said. “Everything’s open.’' <-

Yeah the NIL angle is definitely going to have to be a big part of every coaches pitch for top prospects

Reaction Score
Seems so nonchalant about his committedness (and decommitting) to SU. Hadn't even stepped onto campus but committed? I know, I know - it's a Covid year, but I don't think our staff would allow anyone to say yes without at least dropping in.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is good for Syracuse in the long run. The more they lose now and the more discontented their fans become, the sooner Syracuse admits that they made a mistake with ACC basketball, and therefore the sooner they petition to rejoin the Big East.
Some folks say things to be comedic or because they are crying out for help
Which is this???????????????

Reaction Score
The NCAA clowns with their corrupt leadership is ruining college sports.

This is why you don’t allow legislation like NIL and profiteering in this manner by college students because it turns them into amateur basketball mercenaries and corrupt opportunists. They can do that outside of college

The BIG EAST needs to join the scheduling alliance with the Big 10, PAC 12, and the ACC.
It is in UCONN’s and the Big East conference best interest to stay aligned with these 3 conferences.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The NCAA clowns with their corrupt leadership is ruining college sports.

This is why you don’t allow legislation like NIL and profiteering in this manner by college students because it turns them into amateur basketball mercenaries and corrupt opportunists. They can do that outside of college

The BIG EAST needs to join the scheduling alliance with the Big 10, PAC 12, and the ACC.
It is in UCONN’s and the Big East conference best interest to stay aligned with these 3 conferences.
What is the nature of the "scheduling alliance" and how does it impact NIL? Is this just another alliance to restrict competition for revenue of student athletes? Links?

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Some folks say things to be comedic or because they are crying out for help
Which is this???????????????
It's a prediction of the future. Mark my words, within 10 years the entire world of college basketball will change. Syracuse will join a "within electric bus range" basketball conference. There will be much less flying all over the country to play basketball; the climate emergency will force the teams to play local schools. Syracuse will join what will become the "new, new Big East." Their fans will like it, and the carbon footprint of all their non-football teams will be considerably less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom