Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This kid is stuffing the stat sheet:

17.5 ppg (tied with Stef for 1st)
Shoots 54.2% overall; 50% (7-14) from three. Leads team in 3 pointers made.
6.5 rpg average (2nd on team)
2.5 spg average (1st on team)
4.5 apg average (3rd on team)
Only 2 turnovers for a 4.5 assist-to-turnover avg (2nd on team)

Kaleena - doing her Maya imitation and doing it in an outstanding fashion!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Love that kid. Still not close to how good she's going to be either when all is said and done.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
She is a beast with the smoothest stroke I have ever seen. She posted up hard and got some good inside shots, too. She is a terrific player and athlete and anyone who questions her conditioning or body type should have been well schooled today.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This kids is stuffing the stat sheets after 2 games:

I was about to post that Lewis was the best player so far until I looked at Stef's stats.

17.5 ppg (tied with Lewis for 1st)
Shoots 71.2% overall (1st on team)
7.5 rpg average (1st on team)
1.5 bpg average (2nd on team)
2 spg average (2nd on team)
6.5 apg average (1st on team)

Only 4 turnovers for a 3.3 assist-to-turnover avg (3rd on team)

The turnover and passing stats are amazing for a center.

I'll say it now. She is the 2nd best center in the country.

Reaction Score
With her 2 3's today she currently has 100 3 pointers. 217 or 218 away from DT if I am not mistaken.... and it only took less than 40 games to reach 100.... She will hopefully play 4 times that many games... could you imagine what she will do to that record...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis. This kid is stuffing the stat sheet:

doggydaddy said:
I was about to post that Lewis was the best player so far until I looked at Stef's stats.

And neither one is our All-American. :D

Reaction Score
Just a wild guess here, but I'm guessing that you (RL) might have been taking that nice shot (speaking of nice shots, which some of the folks were) at me, and perhaps some others as well. Can't speak for them, but I'm not so sure without going back and reading the threads, which I don't plan to do, that I said she was in bad condition, I know i was ATTEMPTING to convey once earlier that she looked kinda chunky around the middle....in the team photo and in the game footage.....to me; others might not see it that way, of course. Not fat, just kinda chunky, which surprised me bec I thought her dad had her, even back in highschool, into one of those insanity=type workouts
which Dolson employed this past summer.

As far as "schooling" goes, nope. I've commented VERY positively (this year) on her game in other threads and was going to do the same tonight. And that is how I feel, regardless of your perception of things. Don't need any schooling on that. In fact, my wife and I just finished watching our tape of the game and both commented after that, yet again, she had one heckuva game....and NOT just the shooting.....did so much else as she has been doing this year, and that is what i am loving about her approach this year. We both get the sense that she is really loving doing the other important things beyond the smooth stroke.....ala Kelly. My take is that she will be a first-team All American if she keeps that up.....and perhaps sooner rather than later (if she can avoid too much of a log jam of excellence from her team mates :rolleyes: ). My bet, right now, is that she can.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just a wild guess here, but I'm guessing that you (RL) might have been taking that nice shot (speaking of nice shots, which some of the folks were) at me, and perhaps some others as well. Can't speak for them, but I'm not so sure without going back and reading the threads, which I don't plan to do, that I said she was in bad condition, I know i was ATTEMPTING to convey once earlier that she looked kinda chunky around the middle....in the team photo and in the game footage.....to me; others might not see it that way, of course. Not fat, just kinda chunky, which surprised me bec I thought her dad had her, even back in highschool, into one of those insanity=type workouts
which Dolson employed this past summer.

As far as "schooling" goes, nope. I've commented VERY positively (this year) on her game in other threads and was going to do the same tonight. And that is how I feel, regardless of your perception of things. Don't need any schooling on that. In fact, my wife and I just finished watching our tape of the game and both commented after that, yet again, she had one heckuva game....and NOT just the shooting.....did so much else as she has been doing this year, and that is what i am loving about her approach this year. We both get the sense that she is really loving doing the other important things beyond the smooth stroke.....ala Kelly. My take is that she will be a first-team All American if she keeps that up.....and perhaps sooner rather than later (if she can avoid too much of a log jam of excellence from her team mates :rolleyes: ). My bet, right now, is that she can.

Win, I hope you don't mind too much all the time Stef is spending at the high post. 24 points, 5 assists, and 2 offensive rebounds from that position in 29 minutes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

17.5 ppg (tied with Lewis for 1st)
Shoots 71.2% overall (1st on team)
7.5 rpg average (1st on team)
1.5 bpg average (2nd on team)
2 spg average (2nd on team)
6.5 apg average (1st on team)

Only 4 turnovers for a 3.3 assist-to-turnover avg (3rd on team)

The turnover and passing stats are amazing for a center.

No knocks on Stef - she's been awesome too - but I wanted KML to get some recognition. With all the hoopla over Bre, Kaleena has kind of gotten lost in the shuffle. But she is definitely rounding into an outstanding all-around player.

Reaction Score
Not fat, just kinda chunky,

I have not thought about this a lot, but I just assumed it was a body type with her -- more structural than anything having to do with weight. She certainly uses it to her advantage -- she is a very very good rebounder for someone her size. It's part of the reason I love her.

Reaction Score
No knocks on Stef - she's been awesome too - but I wanted KML to get some recognition. With all the hoopla over Bre, Kaleena has kind of gotten lost in the shuffle. But she is definitely rounding into an outstanding all-around player.

Amen sister!
Ive felt like she hasnt gotten much attention in a while because of all the hoopla over everyone else. Tis a shame b/c she's just awesome.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The silly thing is that she is so effective without being particularly demonstrative that the commentators don't mention her that much, or at least as much as her play deserves. But I'd bet GA notices her and the opposition darn well better keep track of her. One fine basketball player. We do have a a fair number of those, don't we.

Reaction Score
Win, I hope you don't mind too much all the time Stef is spending at the high post. 24 points, 5 assists, and 2 offensive rebounds from that position in 29 minutes.
ICE : what a huge surprise t0 hear from you on this. Did you happen to notice how awesome she was around the basket???????????? You ARE right on one thing here, and that is that I've been vocal for the past two years about her getting down low more of the time. And, yes, she did have one terrific and one good drive to the hoop from up high.....she also recieved AlOT of passes for buckets when she move down low.

Reaction Score
I have not thought about this a lot, but I just assumed it was a body type with her -- more structural than anything having to do with weight. She certainly uses it to her advantage -- she is a very very good rebounder for someone her size. It's part of the reason I love her.
VOWEL: couldn't agree with you more about body types. Very conscious of same, being, to my knowledge, one of the two "fat skinny guys" on the planet. Perhaps some of you can reassure me on that.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ICE : what a huge surprise t0 hear from you on this. Did you happen to notice how awesome she was around the basket???????????? You ARE right on one thing here, and that is that I've been vocal for the past two years about her getting down low more of the time. And, yes, she did have one terrific and one good drive to the hoop from up high.....she also recieved AlOT of passes for buckets when she move down low.
She has consistently been driving from the high post to finish with her left hand through ever game this year. Today she went to both the left and the right. She is comfortable on that play with either hand while moving a great accomplishment for a college center. Her play around the basket is only enhanced by going up high. She has always been good in both locations. several times when she received the ball in the low post she had started high and moved down as the ball went to the outside elbow and then down the side. She, also, passes much better out of the high post position than down low because there is more room for players to make cuts and to fill the periphery for 3s after the cutter. Stef down low eliminates those options.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
This kid is stuffing the stat sheet:

I can remember many games where I would yell at Moore to get in the game and my wife would say something like "she already has 20 points." I get the same with Mosqueda Lewis. Tonight I thought she didn't do much of anything until I looked at the box.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Amen

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I can remember many games where I would yell at Moore to get in the game and my wife would say something like "she already has 20 points." I get the same with Mosqueda Lewis. Tonight I thought she didn't do much of anything until I looked at the box.

Kaleena, a silent assassin. Wow...I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I said she was a beast, when she posted down low, she took no prisoners. I was laughing when I saw her just MOVE A&M out of the way with the strength of that body of hers. Clearly A&M got the word that she was a deadly sniper from beyond the arc, so her shooting from there was limited for a while, and when she did get free, the first few didn't go in. But she was all over the court, and if it wasn't working for her on the outside she switched to the low with great effect and made them pay. She was just great.

When this team works out all the early season kinks and the freshmen get some experience, they are going to be the living NCAA steamroller of all other teams, and I will say it now - including Baylor with Sims.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

It was just something that was amazing to see once I looked at the stats.

Lewis has been great. Not taking anything away from her.

It's just so amazing they both play on the same team.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It was just something that was amazing to see once I looked at the stats.

Lewis has been great. Not taking anything away from her.

It's just so amazing they both play on the same team.

Remember Maya and Tina? deja vous?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Remember Maya and Tina? deja vous?

Add in Hartley, and you have Moore, Charles and Montgomery.

And they didn't have the overall roster that support Dolson, Hartley and Lewis.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

yep.. gonna be a great ride :cool:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

And that's the scary part- a lot of really talented pieces that haven't figured it all out yet (especially since Bria can't go). Just wait until these kids all understand what their role is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom