Kalana Green vs Gabby Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kalana Green vs Gabby Williams

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
i am watching the 08 season and boy do I see a lot of similarities between Gabby and Kalana. They can both jump out the building, guard the other teams best player, quick on their feet. Both played with all-Americans. Green all 4 years. Gabby her first 2. Don't think we saw everything Green could bring like we are seeing with Gabby

I don't think Greene was ever the caliber basketball player that Williams is. Greene was a great athlete who excelled in a complimentary role, but she didn't dominate either side of the ball like Williams does. She was never the passer/distributor than Williams is, and athletically she wasn't as strong and powerful even if she had great quickness. Very good player, but not in the same league as Williams. Williams will likely be a top 5 pick and will be one of the preseason favorites for NPOY next season. I thought by the end of the season her and Wilson were the 2 best players in the country. Greene was terrific as a soph and had the injury the following year, but injury or not, she was going to take a step back in production when Maya came on board and Charles/Montgomery developed into their roles.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for the videos, DC! As great as Maya and Tina were, they had occasional off-games. In those games, Kalana and/or Tiffany often stepped up. Kalana looks very quick in these videos.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't think Greene was ever the caliber basketball player that Williams is. Greene was a great athlete who excelled in a complimentary role, but she didn't dominate either side of the ball like Williams does. She was never the passer/distributor than Williams is, and athletically she wasn't as strong and powerful even if she had great quickness. Very good player, but not in the same league as Williams. Williams will likely be a top 5 pick and will be one of the preseason favorites for NPOY next season. I thought by the end of the season her and Wilson were the 2 best players in the country. Greene was terrific as a soph and had the injury the following year, but injury or not, she was going to take a step back in production when Maya came on board and Charles/Montgomery developed into their roles.
You are comparing a sophomore Kalana to a junior Gabby who bloomed - as a sophomore Gabby was pretty 'ordinary' - with an A/TO ratio just above 1 (51 A, 45 TO.) We will never know what Kalana could have become without her injury. They were definitely different players Gabby has more guard skills, and can leap higher than KG ever could, but they both took defense very seriously, were very quick and good at finishing at the rim. KG developed her jump shot out to the arc after the injury, hoping that Gabby follows suit as she will have much better pro prospects if she gets that weapon.

Reaction Score
Yes, thanks for the videos. On a team with Maya and Tina, when the Big East was still the Big East, Kalana was truly spectacular in that tournament.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The before and teams after are amazing... a lot of players soaked in that UConn glory

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom