2020 Recruiting: - Kadary Richmond reopens recruitment | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Kadary Richmond reopens recruitment

C

Chief00

Thanks for the explanation of what “roster management” is :’) !!
You’re welcome. Chief always is aware that we need to bring new fans in and roster management we did without for 4-5 years, hence I provided the detail explanation I did.

C

Chief00

It's ideal, but tough in a coaching change. Hurley came in late, so that 1 man class (really 2 if you count Cole), which was all that was possible at the time, unbalances things. Throw in the schollie restriction too.
Agreed, it wasn’t meant as a criticism of the transition year but as a goal going forward. Circumstances can tweak things too but this is a rule of thumb.

Reaction Score
Didn’t think it was thread worthy but as expected Lane just committed to Florida. So that leaves Cam and Kadary as the only 2 2020 guards we are still after.
If Cardwell commits this fall, Hopefully Cam & Richmond are still available in the Spring.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As for class size, Chief generally likes 4 men classes. That gives you 16 guys in 4 years coming in and once the program gets up and running 2-3 should leave early for the NBA, 2-3 transfer or get injured or expelled for other issues. Now you are down to a rotating 10-12 and you back fill with grad transfers or 2-3 year transfers who meet needs. This is called roster management.
3 men classes don’t give you enough consistent deep talent and too many talented guys are unhappy with minutes in 5-6 man classes.

I agree. 5 or 3 can be ok, 6 is too many 2 is too few. Calhoun's big classes always had some underperformers. I really liked the Cole addition because it means 2019 was really 4. He will leave with the smaller class that has Sid and Adams I believe (eligibility wise), turning it from 2 to 3.

Reaction Score
You’re welcome. Chief always is aware that we need to bring new fans in and roster management we did without for 4-5 years, hence I provided the detail explanation I did.
Feel privileged to get a response from “Chief00”, I heard you were a recruiting god! Something I am sure you are very proud of & I can’t thank you enough for all the information that you provide about Husky basketball!

C

Chief00

I agree. 5 or 3 can be ok, 6 is too many 2 is too few. Calhoun's big classes always had some underperformers. I really liked the Cole addition because it means 2019 was really 4. He will leave with the smaller class that has Sid and Adams I believe (eligibility wise), turning it from 2 to 3.
Agree. I consider 2019 as 4 freshmen and one grad transfer.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I agree. 5 or 3 can be ok, 6 is too many 2 is too few.

I know it’s the outlier, but we had a six man class in 2010-2011 and did ok.

We also had Kemba Walker and that changes things, I know.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Wouldn't that make 2019 a 5 man class? Akok, Bouk, Gaffney, Springs and Cole?

Can view Cole as a 2020 recruit since he isn't eligible until next season. Then 3 freshman this year (Dre, BIG, cam/richmond/grad transfer) would be a 4 man class this year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I know it’s the outlier, but we had a six man class in 2010-2011 and did ok.

We also had Kemba Walker and that changes things, I know.

I think it was 7 actually (does Bradley count?). Bradley and Wolf were complete duds. Then the next class was just 2. Would have been better with a smaller class in 2010.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wouldn't that make 2019 a 5 man class? Akok, Bouk, Gaffney, Springs and Cole?

Can view Cole as a 2020 recruit since he isn't eligible until next season. Then 3 freshman this year (Dre, BIG, cam/richmond/grad transfer) would be a 4 man class this year.

No, because he's a transfer. The concept here is aligning up how many guys graduate. Cole is going to graduate/lose eligibility with Adams and Wilson from the 2018 class. The idea is to always have 3-5 scholarships come open every year.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Having Cuse moving to the top on this one, how cool would it be to flip it back to us.

Reaction Score
I guess it comes down to what gives us the best chance at long term success in the tournament and recruiting.

1988 and 1990 were another time but they brought great recruits and built the base for long term success. A player like Richmond seems to be the type that you build long term success with, but it's tempting to think what it might mean to recruiting if Thomas came here in this day of "look at me on social media" players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom