K seemed comfortable in the pocket. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

K seemed comfortable in the pocket.

Reaction Score
This debate about Tyler Phommachanh vs Steven Krajewski is weird. Right now, with Steven Krajewski, UConn put up close to 500 yards and 21 points with opportunity for more. Tyler Phommachanh never got us to 500 yards in a game. Think about it, we are comparing a true freshman versus a junior. Steven Krajewski should be ahead of Tyler Phommachanh right now. I think Tyler Phommachanh has a great upside but the mark of a true good QB isn't who throws the ball harder or runs better. It is who puts points on the board, who leads the team to wins and really that is it.
He might only be a redshirt sophomore but, due to Edsall’s narcissism, he never got any meaningful playing time except the UCF game. In reality, Tyler Phommachanh got more starts and playing time in 3 weeks then Steven Krajewski got in three years. Based on that I would say he did a damn good job and will only get better if given the opportunity.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I thought that K looked comfortable in the pocket. Given time, he's got a rocket of arm and has the potential to be electric. In fact you might say he's got a rocket in the pocket, finger in the socket. There's not way for you to stop it. Rocket.

I'll see myself out.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski wasn't great and he wasn't horrible, he was somewhere in between

Okay, but your wrong. It's fine you worship at the alter of Steven Krajewski but Tyler Phommachanh is miles better, the end.
LOL, "worship at the alter" isn't exactly where my head is at but you be you.

If you have a chance, it would be great if you could let us know what the approximate play by play would have been for Tyler Phommachanh to score 54 more points starting with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. I'm sure our staff could use someone with your kind of genius.

Reaction Score
LOL, "worship at the alter" isn't exactly where my head is at but you be you.

If you have a chance, it would be great if you could let us know what the approximate play by play would have been for Tyler Phommachanh to score 54 more points starting with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. I'm sure our staff could use someone with your kind of genius.
What’s had Tyler Phommachanh done that is miles better? When’s the last time we put three touch downs and had a lead against a P5 school even though it’s vandy they are still SEC. and I believe the last time we put up 500 yards of offense in a game was 2019 against ECU. So please tell me how he is miles better. I mean he’s supposed to be the runner but Steven Krajewski has just as many rushing touchdowns and more rushing yards.

Reaction Score
I had to go rewatch Army, Wyoming and Vandy. I found that the general excitement generated by Tyler Phommachanh was more of an influence on my thinking than the actual performance. Ultimately, I think Steve probably is the better player today. One thing that really stood out to me was the difference in accuracy between the two. Steve is much better in that department, he is also far less reckless with the ball. Tyler will be very good, but he needs more time to develop.

I think the best approach is to save Tyler Phommachanh’s eligibility, go with Steve and let the new coach reopen the competition next season.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
What’s had Tyler Phommachanh done that is miles better? When’s the last time we put three touch downs and had a lead against a P5 school even though it’s vandy they are still SEC. and I believe the last time we put up 500 yards of offense in a game was 2019 against ECU. So please tell me how he is miles better. I mean he’s supposed to be the runner but Steven Krajewski has just as many rushing touchdowns and more rushing yards.
I think Tyler Phommachanh has shown a better pocket presence where he is able to extend plays by moving around well. He seems to throw better on the run as well which helps for roll-outs but we haven't seen that much from Steven Krajewski for comparison. Tyler Phommachanh is definitely more nimble / twitchy when it comes to his runs but I think Steven Krajewski has similar straight line speed but that nimbleness makes the RPO plays more effective.

The only thing that I think Tyler Phommachanh has been clearly better at is in his body language and outward leadership. Part of that could be the cameraman choices but Tyler Phommachanh always seems to be shown encouraging others or getting folks pumped, even when he was injured or made a bad play. That goes a long way with the Boneyard crew as per the chat room comments bagging on Steven Krajewski's bad body language.

Reaction Score
I think Tyler Phommachanh has shown a better pocket presence where he is able to extend plays by moving around well. He seems to throw better on the run as well which helps for roll-outs but we haven't seen that much from Steven Krajewski for comparison. Tyler Phommachanh is definitely more nimble / twitchy when it comes to his runs but I think Steven Krajewski has similar straight line speed but that nimbleness makes the RPO plays more effective.

The only thing that I think Tyler Phommachanh has been clearly better at is in his body language and outward leadership. Part of that could be the cameraman choices but Tyler Phommachanh always seems to be shown encouraging others or getting folks pumped, even when he was injured or made a bad play. That goes a long way with the Boneyard crew as per the chat room comments bagging on Steven Krajewski's bad body language.
I can agree with some of this. Steven Krajewski was never the rah rah guy. He’s more of a this is a business you score go to sidelines get ready for next drive make a mistake go to sidelines see where it can be corrected. He is more of the lead by play and example old school style of player not get rowdy rah rah baker mayfield type. And that’s fine someone who takes that approach to the game isn’t going to let a int or a few bad series get to him. He started off shaky went and made adjustments fixed the issue. Not knocking the rah rah style player but sometimes those style of players can make a mistake and it could affect they’re tone and in turn could be a negative

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Wasnt good hmm…. Stop it’s cool if you aren’t a fan of his but he accounted for all 3 TDs kept drives alive and delivered when the team needed it. We’re some balls off yeah they were. But getting thrown into a game cold with taking a week off of practice when he was hurt some things will happen. We’ll talk again after the middle Tennessee game tell me if you think the same. If he doesn’t play well over the next three weeks I’ll eat my words. But his performance yesterday was not perfect but it wasn’t horrible
Just want to bring this back up

Reaction Score
Just want to bring this back up
Go head bring it up. The kid was lit up every single play. Coaching was terrible and no support from the o line. Did he play as well as he could of absolutely not. But you can clearly tell he was banged up in the second half and contrary to popular belief I’ve heard mazzone hasn’t been there since wyoming. He can only do what the coaches allow him to do. But weather it’s him next week or somebody else all the Al bundys on this forumn light kids up after a bad play bad drive or anything. Like throw away the positives from last week n blame him for everything when the whole team came out and looked like trash

Reaction Score
Wasnt good hmm…. Stop it’s cool if you aren’t a fan of his but he accounted for all 3 TDs kept drives alive and delivered when the team needed it. We’re some balls off yeah they were. But getting thrown into a game cold with taking a week off of practice when he was hurt some things will happen. We’ll talk again after the middle Tennessee game tell me if you think the same. If he doesn’t play well over the next three weeks I’ll eat my words. But his performance yesterday was not perfect but it wasn’t horrible

Looked horrible today. Against that '85 Bears... er... UMass Defense.

Reaction Score
Looked horrible today. Against that '85 Bears... er... UMass Defense.
Not saying he didn’t play poorly. That 34 yard td pass was beautiful went down hill from there. However what support did he have from coaching to o line to defense. This is his second football game and he had no coaching support the last two seasons along with any other kid on the team. Gotta give players a chance to learn and develope. You mess up at work do you get fired right away. Y’all are harder on players from a team that’s won 6 games in 4 seasons that uofm fans clemnson and uga fans. Hell dj in clemnson Is playing terrible but dabo said let him develop and learn. You guys after one bad throw for any player start screaming for a hanging

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We probably shouldn't have him throw on the run any more. He doesn't seem to do well at it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not saying he didn’t play poorly. That 34 yard td pass was beautiful went down hill from there. However what support did he have from coaching to o line to defense. This is his second football game and he had no coaching support the last two seasons along with any other kid on the team. Gotta give players a chance to learn and develope. You mess up at work do you get fired right away. Y’all are harder on players from a team that’s won 6 games in 4 seasons that uofm fans clemnson and uga fans. Hell dj in clemnson Is playing terrible but dabo said let him develop and learn. You guys after one bad throw for any player start screaming for a hanging

you think Steven Krajewski is better than Tyler Phommachanh which is just false. Tyler Phommachanh is way better than Steven Krajewski. Secondly you are absolutely wrong about other fan bases. I live in Clemson country they are more irrational than we are. But at least they understand football. You are arguing that Steven Krajewski just needs to be developed, no he’s awful.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Type at least the players last name. Tyler Phommachanh is toilet paper and K is just a letter. Do it for the casual fans.
Tough names to spell.

And.....you couldn't do better than "K is just a letter"? It means a strikeout! ;)

Reaction Score
Small things. The pass blocking was fair even though we tried to block a DE projected to go in the first round of the NFL draft with a redshirt freshman and no help. K kept his eyes downfield. He seemed to read the defense pretty fast even as the pass rush was reaching him. If Medlock doesn't drop a certain TD pass, K's day looks better. Room for improvement. His touch needs work. You betcha. But no happy feet. No signs of panic in the pocket. No hitting defensive backs (or linemen) between the numbers. Sometimes the lack of negatives is step forward. I think there is reason to be cautiously optimistic.
K sucked!!!!!!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Tough names to spell.

And.....you couldn't do better than "K is just a letter"? It means a strikeout! ;)

'Then first name and first initial of last name. I tried using the filter to auto correct, but it didn't really work.

Reaction Score
This was definitely a bad game for Krajewski. They started out good the first half. At one point he was 10-11 with 115 yards and 1TD. Then they went to the conservative Edsall style and hand the ball off. The coaching and play calling were horrendous. Why on earth aren’t you taking a knee with :37 left in the first half. Instead you call a passing play and Steven Krajewski gets lit up and limps off the field. It went downhill after that.

Reaction Score
Some of you saw drastically different games than I have. There will be no QB Controversy between Tyler Phommachanh and Steven Krajewski. The entire team played with more spirit because they believe in Tyler Phommachanh. This isn't even close. The Controversy will be who comes in as QB2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom