K seemed comfortable in the pocket. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

K seemed comfortable in the pocket.

Reaction Score
I thought that K looked comfortable in the pocket. Given time, he's got a rocket of arm and has the potential to be electric. In fact you might say he's got a rocket in the pocket, finger in the socket. There's not way for you to stop it. Rocket.

I'll see myself out.

He may actually be worse than Jack Zergiotis. Not sure I thought that was even possible honestly
He is worse. No speed and very slow in decision making.

Reaction Score
I saw the same thing. He waits for the WRs to turn around and then throws a slow ball, which gives the receiver no chance. He has a nice deep ball but he’s definitely slow. He needed Spanos out on the field with him so he can play better.

Reaction Score
Type at least the players last name. T P is toilet paper and K is just a letter. Do it for the casual fans.
With Friday night’s First Night being students only this year, Chief is asking all the Casual Fans to channel their UConn spirit to the Yale Football game - the next day.

Reaction Score
This debate about Tyler Phommachanh vs Steven Krajewski is weird. Right now, with Steven Krajewski, UConn put up close to 500 yards and 21 points with opportunity for more. Tyler Phommachanh never got us to 500 yards in a game. Think about it, we are comparing a true freshman versus a junior. Steven Krajewski should be ahead of Tyler Phommachanh right now. I think Tyler Phommachanh has a great upside but the mark of a true good QB isn't who throws the ball harder or runs better. It is who puts points on the board, who leads the team to wins and really that is it.

Literally go take a hot poker and burn your eyes out. They aren’t doing anything for you anymore.

Reaction Score
That really is a bizarre conclusion. The thought that Tyler Phommachanh played well enough the prior two games for you to conclude he was light years better than Steven Krajewski is just dumb.

Both showed weaknesses. Both showed potential. Given the level of competition the last two and a half games, neither showed that they can be an average BCS QB (meaning they could start for a team in the 60s), but both showed glimmers of potential to get there. Not consistently good enough decision making yet by either, and, more troublesome, far too many inaccurate short throws by each.

If all one has to go on is this year's game films, you could argue that either played better. But arguing they are on totally different levels -- please.

Which QB did they decide to rebuild the offense around?

The End.

Reaction Score
If you can’t see he played injured the second half your blind. Coaching did him a dis service. His knee was taped up. And he was clearly limping.

Reaction Score
I know He’s from my hometown did he play good today no not at all. However he was clearly playing injured. You don’t go from a performance like last week to todays if you aren’t playing injured.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is a garbage take and I find it hilarious that you say "the end" as if you're opinion is the end all be all and the rest of us who believe differently are trash.

Assuming that regardless of who UConn's QB was, Vandy scores 30 points. You're saying that we would have scored 60 freaking points with Tyler Phommachanh as the QB when he led us to two field goals on his first two drives? Make an informed argument and don't live in fantasy land.

The reality is that Steven Krajewski was far from perfect, especially on his first two possessions. He made some bad throws and decisions but he also made some good ones. He also had at least 4-5 balls that were flat out dropped by receivers, some of which would have made a huge impact on the game. You think Elijah Jeffreys catches the same ball thrown by Tyler Phommachanh as opposed to Steven Krajewski to score the TD? You think our special teams players don't commit stupid personal fouls because Tyler Phommachanh was the QB?

Steven Krajewski wasn't great and he wasn't horrible, he was somewhere in between but some of us choose to believe that he has the potential to be at least good with a game plan made for him and a week of working with the 1's. Let's see what happens against UMass and make another judgment.
Here another judgement he was awful because he isn’t good.

Reaction Score
If you can’t see he played injured the second half your blind. Coaching did him a dis service. His knee was taped up. And he was clearly limping.
Should he have been taken out?

Reaction Score
It's his third game. He's showed the most arm talent by far.

Give him weeks or an off season to practice with the ones, and he'll show even more flashes.

By far our best qb imo.
You’re living in fantasy land.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You know that was just a chance to get in the lyrics from the Little Feat song, right?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I know He’s from my hometown did he play good today no not at all. However he was clearly playing injured. You don’t go from a performance like last week to todays if you aren’t playing injured.
So, just to be clear, when Steve isn’t played it’s because he’s being screwed over by the coaches, but when he is played it’s because he’s being screwed over by the coaches?

Well, it’s tough to argue with that logic.

Reaction Score
We only have 1 QB worth anything, and he did not play today. I don't care if you only have 1 person out of the other 10 blocking for you, most of those throws were worse than a bad High School QB. Very hard to watch a QB make bad throw after bad throw.

Reaction Score
So, just to be clear, when Steve isn’t played it’s because he’s being screwed over by the coaches, but when he is played it’s because he’s being screwed over by the coaches?

Well, it’s tough to argue with that logic.
Steven Krajewski isn't just good enough... his body language isn't assertive... yes I get all qbs aren't assertive but goodness gracious play with some type of emotion and grit... we couldn't put up 20 points against a UMass team that is defensively worse than the 2 teams we played against.. we should've had a field day against them.. Steven Krajewski make it or break it was this game and I see why Spanos didn't give him the start against Wyoming.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Here another judgement he was awful because he isn’t good.
He was awful today. He wasn’t awful on previous days. But thanks for coming back to try and dance on the grave of this program to make yourself feel better.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He was awful today. He wasn’t awful on previous days. But thanks for coming back to try and dance on the grave of this program to make yourself feel better.
You said to come back with a judgement… lol @ dance on the grave of a program. My friends who are alumni of the program aren’t as delusional as the people who post here.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
You said to come back with a judgement… lol @ dance on the grave of a program. My friends who are alumni of the program aren’t as delusional as the people who post here.
Delusional? I don't think so but it's hard to feel good about anything when you lose to the worst FBS program in the country and then realize that yes, we are the worst FBS program in the country. Maybe I'm overreacting but yeah, program viability is something I'm a bit worried about when others are calling for us to drop down to FCS (stupid) or drop football altogether (also stupid).

Steven Krajewski was flat out bad today. Play calling was also flat out bad today. Our OL was bad today. Our WRs were bad today. Everyone but Nate Carter was pretty bad today.

Reaction Score
The 2 INT's were bad, however the guy was playing hurt, the TE dropped a touchdown pass that should have been caught and a guy that's limping playing behind that offensive line has no chance if he can't scramble. The guy is playing in what his 4th game. Give him some slack already. We have other bigger problems by far.

Reaction Score
The 2 INT's were bad, however the guy was playing hurt, the TE dropped a touchdown pass that should have been caught and a guy that's limping playing behind that offensive line has no chance if he can't scramble. The guy is playing in what his 4th game. Give him some slack already. We have other bigger problems by far.
Slack… negative, he’s been here for 3 years…. Tyler Phommachanh played lights better and he’s just out of high school. Purdue he gets a pass, Umass he doesn’t get a pass

Reaction Score
Should he have been taken out?
Honestly yes. Kid is obviously a competitor. But if his injury is affecting him that much yes. Look at first half to second. The medical tape around his leg not wanting to run he was clearly banged up

Reaction Score
Look at the 4 whole games he’s played
Ucf
Purdue
Vandy
Umass

umass he was nothing like the 3 previous performances. First half was ok and looked promising. Took that hit last play of the game comes out banged up with tape under his brace. He did what he thought was best not trying to give up but he should of pulled him self out. It was clear he couldn’t perform like usual

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski isn't just good enough... his body language isn't assertive... yes I get all qbs aren't assertive but goodness gracious play with some type of emotion and grit... we couldn't put up 20 points against a UMass team that is defensively worse than the 2 teams we played against.. we should've had a field day against them.. Steven Krajewski make it or break it was this game and I see why Spanos didn't give him the start against Wyoming.
It's been there for him to take this thing by the horns and he just hasn't done it. Against UMass he should have looked like an all American. Hope he is okay. I'm ready to see Micah Leon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom