K seemed comfortable in the pocket. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

K seemed comfortable in the pocket.

DCT

Reaction Score
We were better with Tyler Phommachanh, but Steven Krajewski has his upsides too, especially his ability as a pocket passer to take off and run.
Yep, especially since Tyler Phommachanh doesn't run.

Reaction Score

I'm far from an expert, but I pulled this from someone else discussing 6th year eligibility rules. It seems that Tyler Phommachanh could qualify as he only played in three games in the first half of the season. The point being if his season ends now due to a medical and down the road Tyler Phommachanh loses another season due to an injury he might be able to apply for a 6th year like the BYU QB did a few years back. Something to think about when deciding if he should play again this year.

two seasons ended by injury, and the player in question must be injured in the first half of the season and not participate in more than 30% of the season or three games, whichever is greater.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm far from an expert, but I pulled this from someone else discussing 6th year eligibility rules. It seems that Tyler Phommachanh could qualify as he only played in three games in the first half of the season. The point being if his season ends now due to a medical and down the road Tyler Phommachanh loses another season due to an injury he might be able to apply for a 6th year like the BYU QB did a few years back. Something to think about when deciding if he should play again this year.

two seasons ended by injury, and the player in question must be injured in the first half of the season and not participate in more than 30% of the season or three games, whichever is greater.
Ah, right. I think this is a medical hardship waiver, or something like that.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This debate about Tyler Phommachanh vs Steven Krajewski is weird. Right now, with Steven Krajewski, UConn put up close to 500 yards and 21 points with opportunity for more. Tyler Phommachanh never got us to 500 yards in a game. Think about it, we are comparing a true freshman versus a junior. Steven Krajewski should be ahead of Tyler Phommachanh right now. I think Tyler Phommachanh has a great upside but the mark of a true good QB isn't who throws the ball harder or runs better. It is who puts points on the board, who leads the team to wins and really that is it.

Reaction Score
This debate about Tyler Phommachanh vs Steven Krajewski is weird. Right now, with Steven Krajewski, UConn put up close to 500 yards and 21 points with opportunity for more. Tyler Phommachanh never got us to 500 yards in a game. Think about it, we are comparing a true freshman versus a junior. Steven Krajewski should be ahead of Tyler Phommachanh right now. I think Tyler Phommachanh has a great upside but the mark of a true good QB isn't who throws the ball harder or runs better. It is who puts points on the board, who leads the team to wins and really that is it.
He is not a jr he is a red shirt sophomore. Also when is the last time uconn scored two touchdowns late in the game in under 4 minutes. It was unorthodox and my blood pressure was for the roof. But he got the job done. Hopefully they can correct the mistakes get to work and get the win next week

Reaction Score
I didn’t realize this but we beat them in every category with 523 yards of total offense with Steven Krajewski having just over 300 yards

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski has the better arm but not the confidence Tyler Phommachanh exhibits, but that TD run at the end is promising. It was Steven Krajewski's read and decision and he showed some speed and moves.
Hopefully that will open his own eyes to how good he can be and he'll trust himself more.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Small things. The pass blocking was fair even though we tried to block a DE projected to go in the first round of the NFL draft with a redshirt freshman and no help. K kept his eyes downfield. He seemed to read the defense pretty fast even as the pass rush was reaching him. If Medlock doesn't drop a certain TD pass, K's day looks better. Room for improvement. His touch needs work. You betcha. But no happy feet. No signs of panic in the pocket. No hitting defensive backs (or linemen) between the numbers. Sometimes the lack of negatives is step forward. I think there is reason to be cautiously optimistic.7
I do believe his pass for 2 point conversion at end would be considered a negative. God awful pass to an open receiver.

Reaction Score
The irony is their is fighting over whether Tyler Phommachanh or Steven Krajewski is the better QB (with different valuable skill sets), but our former head coach saw neither as viable starters. Talk about myopia.

Reaction Score
I do believe his pass for 2 point conversion at end would be considered a negative. God awful pass to an open receiver.
Hey after all the dropped balls between that game n Purdue maybe he thought they’d bail him out wouldn’t say god awful still hit the kids hands… god awful would be completely un catchable

Reaction Score
SZ being labeled the starter going into 2 seasons makes one wonder how seriously Randy took his job.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So weird this talk of Steven Krajewski… if Tyler Phommachanh stays healthy we win by 30 instead we lose with Steven Krajewski. The end. Why are people trying to read between the lines… he wasn’t good.

Reaction Score
So weird this talk of Steven Krajewski… if Tyler Phommachanh stays healthy we win by 30 instead we lose with Steven Krajewski. The end. Why are people trying to read between the lines… he wasn’t good.
Wasnt good hmm…. Stop it’s cool if you aren’t a fan of his but he accounted for all 3 TDs kept drives alive and delivered when the team needed it. We’re some balls off yeah they were. But getting thrown into a game cold with taking a week off of practice when he was hurt some things will happen. We’ll talk again after the middle Tennessee game tell me if you think the same. If he doesn’t play well over the next three weeks I’ll eat my words. But his performance yesterday was not perfect but it wasn’t horrible

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This is a garbage take and I find it hilarious that you say "the end" as if you're opinion is the end all be all and the rest of us who believe differently are trash.

Assuming that regardless of who UConn's QB was, Vandy scores 30 points. You're saying that we would have scored 60 freaking points with Tyler Phommachanh as the QB when he led us to two field goals on his first two drives? Make an informed argument and don't live in fantasy land.

The reality is that Steven Krajewski was far from perfect, especially on his first two possessions. He made some bad throws and decisions but he also made some good ones. He also had at least 4-5 balls that were flat out dropped by receivers, some of which would have made a huge impact on the game. You think Elijah Jeffreys catches the same ball thrown by Tyler Phommachanh as opposed to Steven Krajewski to score the TD? You think our special teams players don't commit stupid personal fouls because Tyler Phommachanh was the QB?

Steven Krajewski wasn't great and he wasn't horrible, he was somewhere in between but some of us choose to believe that he has the potential to be at least good with a game plan made for him and a week of working with the 1's. Let's see what happens against UMass and make another judgment.

polycom

Reaction Score
This is a garbage take and I find it hilarious that you say "the end" as if you're opinion is the end all be all and the rest of us who believe differently are trash.

Assuming that regardless of who UConn's QB was, Vandy scores 30 points. You're saying that we would have scored 60 freaking points with Tyler Phommachanh as the QB when he led us to two field goals on his first two drives? Make an informed argument and don't live in fantasy land.

The reality is that Steven Krajewski was far from perfect, especially on his first two possessions. He made some bad throws and decisions but he also made some good ones. He also had at least 4-5 balls that were flat out dropped by receivers, some of which would have made a huge impact on the game. You think Elijah Jeffreys catches the same ball thrown by Tyler Phommachanh as opposed to Steven Krajewski to score the TD? You think our special teams players don't commit stupid personal fouls because Tyler Phommachanh was the QB?

Steven Krajewski wasn't great and he wasn't horrible, he was somewhere in between but some of us choose to believe that he has the potential to be at least good with a game plan made for him and a week of working with the 1's. Let's see what happens against UMass and make another judgment.

Okay, but your wrong. It's fine you worship at the alter of Steven Krajewski but Tyler Phommachanh is miles better, the end.

polycom

Reaction Score
Wasnt good hmm…. Stop it’s cool if you aren’t a fan of his but he accounted for all 3 TDs kept drives alive and delivered when the team needed it. We’re some balls off yeah they were. But getting thrown into a game cold with taking a week off of practice when he was hurt some things will happen. We’ll talk again after the middle Tennessee game tell me if you think the same. If he doesn’t play well over the next three weeks I’ll eat my words. But his performance yesterday was not perfect but it wasn’t horrible

The 4th down throw to even give us a chance at a TD was dreadful the receiver makes an incredible play to catch the ball...did we just going to pretend that because the result was good the throw was good?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wouldn't Tyler Phommachanh's 2 point conversion at end of Wyoming would be considered a negative as well?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Tyler Phommachanh's 2 point conversion at end of Wyoming would be considered a negative as well?
That ball was tipped. Looked like a bad playcall. This play call got a wide open wr in the endzone. He threw it at his feet. Whatever though. Steven Krajewski for better or worst will get a chance to shine against the weakest part of the schedule. I want to see him succeed. If he doesn't we will kind of have an answer on him as a potential starter or serviceable backup.

Reaction Score

That really is a bizarre conclusion. The thought that Tyler Phommachanh played well enough the prior two games for you to conclude he was light years better than Steven Krajewski is just dumb.

Both showed weaknesses. Both showed potential. Given the level of competition the last two and a half games, neither showed that they can be an average BCS QB (meaning they could start for a team in the 60s), but both showed glimmers of potential to get there. Not consistently good enough decision making yet by either, and, more troublesome, far too many inaccurate short throws by each.

If all one has to go on is this year's game films, you could argue that either played better. But arguing they are on totally different levels -- please.

polycom

Reaction Score
That really is a bizarre conclusion. The thought that Tyler Phommachanh played well enough the prior two games for you to conclude he was light years better than Steven Krajewski is just dumb.

Both showed weaknesses. Both showed potential. Given the level of competition the last two and a half games, neither showed that they can be an average BCS QB (meaning they could start for a team in the 60s), but both showed glimmers of potential to get there. Not consistently good enough decision making yet by either, and, more troublesome, far too many inaccurate short throws by each.

If all one has to go on is this year's game films, you could argue that either played better. But arguing they are on totally different levels -- please.
Okay,sure.

Reaction Score
The 4th down throw to even give us a chance at a TD was dreadful the receiver makes an incredible play to catch the ball...did we just going to pretend that because the result was good the throw was good?
Let’s be fair here. Not sure you can really judge a throw in that position. Any QB would be forced to put the ball up and hope for a play in that situation. He at least gave KC a chance at the ball. Not many plays in the playbook for 4th and 18. What would have been bad is if he took a sack there

Reaction Score
Way too much gnashing of teeth in this thread. Both are better than Jack Zergiotis. Neither is a world beater yet. Both with strengths and flaws that need to be improved. To say any of us can tell who is better based on such a small sample size is ridiculous.

Now...let's get a W and beat the rice out of the Minute men

Reaction Score
Interesting that you think your fantasy is a fact. And that is not reading between the lines. Just sayin'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom