Juwan Durham news... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham news...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who on the Boneyard is saying he should be fired right now? That and the idea you keep hammering that some people don't want him to succeed is patently false.
People read things in different ways - I read quite a few who would like to see KO gone and there are some who don't want to see him succeed. You just have to see it

Reaction Score
You almost make my point for me. It's not just about rankings.

JC recruited the right guys -- tough, good teammates, willing to work and buy in. KO brought out a lot of these traits in those guys, developed them and coached them to a championship.

But KO hasn't shown, with the exception of Adams and Vital, so far, that he can regularly land the right players, in terms of toughness, BBIQ, and skill. Some of those qualities are captured in rankings, some aren't. Yes, he was hamstrung by sanctions in his first few years, but that excuse doesn't fly anymore.

Given the number of kids who left, like Oriakhi and Roscoe, etc., it's just as easy to say there were kids who were recruited that were not good teammates (I don't believe that but it is fair to say since they left, just as Enoch etc. did).

Reaction Score
This is where we disagree. Who on the Boneyard is saying he should be fired right now? That and the idea you keep hammering that some people don't want him to succeed is patently false.

Napier was a phenomenal college basketball and Boat became very good under the guidance of Ollie. Ollie also did a tremendous job recruiting Adams and bringing him into the program.

Purvis was more or less the same player from Day 1 as when he graduated and the jury is still out on Vital though he undoubtedly improved towards the end of the season.

I think it's just hyperbole to say that someone who comes in would have a "huge step backwards" in guard development. We had an all time Husky in Napier (who was two years Calhoun and two years Ollie) and then a good Husky in Boat and then not much else. It's a stretch to talk in such conclusive terms without much history to support it.
I think it's carry-over from spending too much time in the Cesspool. Not much going on there besides strawmen, hyperbole, and hyperbolic strawmen.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think it's carry-over from spending too much time in the Cesspool. Not much going on there besides strawmen, hyperbole, and hyperbolic strawmen.

Claiming that people want Ollie fired isn't a strawman. Quite a few people have explicitly stated as such. I can get you folks links if you'd like.

Reaction Score
Claiming that people want Ollie fired isn't a strawman. Quite a few people have explicitly stated as such. I can get you folks links if you'd like.
Was a half-joke, and I mostly agree with your sentiments regarding KO and where many on the forum stand with him. Really not interested in arguing about it so I'll just leave it with I definitely think the whole "hoping they fail so you can continue to blame KO" thing was unnecessary. And I don't recall anyone calling for his job NOW. At worst he is in very hot water.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

If you can't stand the heat brah...... you know the rest

Reaction Score
I know all about the Ignore feature.

But I think we are approaching the need for a Hanging app. If RUSS56 keeps floating the same thread in 11 different ways ... we need resistance.

Put me in this box: Kevin Ollie deserves the chance- and years (2017-2018 ain't make or break) to reboot UConn MBB. New coaches (Check) Players with less than full commitment leave (Check) Calhoun Auriemma RayRay Rip etc rally (certain to happen)

You can't just yell fire in a theater. KO is a talented youthful coach. He does need to get better ... but cut the Crap as to what YOU demand. This UConn culture can be FF again from this AAC.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Who on the Boneyard is saying he should be fired right now? That and the idea you keep hammering that some people don't want him to succeed is patently false.
People read things in different ways - I read quite a few who would like to see KO gone and there are some who don't want to see him succeed. You just have to see it
Lmao

Reaction Score

It is a strawman when you respond to someone to the effect of "people like you have said you want KO fired".

Most people, like @BUConn10 and @superjohn , who have expressed opinions similar to mine have done so like "if we don't see [improvement/record/recruiting success] by [some number of years in the future], we should consider other options". Painting anyone who has reservations about our coach with the same brush as extremists or outright trolls does a disservice to both you and us.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
These kids and their dads know better than a guy who played elite level college ball, spent 10+ years in the NBA on nothing more than knowing what the NBA wants from it's players, and has a national championship ring at a school where just about every kid over the last 25 year who played out his eligibility had a chance to play for a Final Four berth with a mess of them earning a living playing basketball?

I think this years squad will miss having Jackson and Durham on the floor, but let them do something with their lives before taking their side against a guy who knows basketball. Maybe we should only recruit players with active moms as opposed to active dads. We seem to do better with those players.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Lol. I can't wait til Durham is an absolute stud 2-3 years down the line

then he may be the first UConn transfer we'd ever regret losing after he left

nothing I saw made me think "stud"

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

That's idiotic. You really think people that actively spend time on a UConn fan forum are rooting against a beloved former player, that's now the Head Coach to somehow win arguments on a message board?

You sure you can read?

Also if someone can point out or find one quote that says KO should be fired as of now, I'd love to see it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
then he may be the first UConn transfer we'd ever regret losing after he left

nothing I saw made me think "stud"

In fairness, it sucked when Roscoe left and ultimately went on to putting up huge rebound numbers for UNLV.

Not a regret I guess per se, just unfortunate.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That's idiotic. You really think people that actively spend time on a UConn fan forum are rooting against a beloved former player, that's now the Head Coach to somehow win arguments on a message board?

You sure you can read?

Also if someone can point out or find one quote that says KO should be fired as of now, I'd love to see it.

Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official)
"If we were a real program, he would be gone by now."

Just one quote from a few days ago, found with minimal research, there are probably more.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
And yet, I can't remember to put the garbage out between when my wife yells it to me as I walk out of the kitchen and when I get to the garage.
You must have a fridge in your garage.

Reaction Score
Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official)
"If we were a real program, he would be gone by now."

Just one quote from a few days ago, found with minimal research, there are probably more.

So a few fringe posters represent everyone who has concerns about the program?

Not to go all Cesspool, but that's basically the equivalent of conservatives saying "Democrats want to take away your guns" because a few radical far-left people have said they want to ban guns.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Russ is resembling HuskyFanDan, I've never seen them both in the same room
Not even close until he complains that KO doesn't dress blue and white.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
In fairness, it sucked when Roscoe left and ultimately went on to putting up huge rebound numbers for UNLV.

Not a regret I guess per se, just unfortunate.

I concur, but Roscoe left because he didn't want to be a 4, and he was one of the nation's leading rebounders because he was a four

and we wouldn't change a thing about the next two seasons :)

Reaction Score
Wearing your own jersey to a darty is an UNREAL move, especially for Enoch who has publicly announced his transfer

Reaction Score
Wearing your own jersey to a darty is an UNREAL move, especially for Enoch who has publicly announced his transfer
Enoch, Vance and Durham were just chilling with the squad which was kinda surprising. I guess there is no real beef if they are still cool with each other

Reaction Score
Enoch, Vance and Durham were just chilling with the squad which was kinda surprising. I guess there is no real beef if they are still cool with each other
That's basketball today. Everybody is buddy buddy with everybody. They all follow each other on Twitter and play AAU together growing up. The angst against opponents has dropped significantly at all levels so it's probably not a big deal they're no longer teammates anymore

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom