Juwan Durham news... | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham news...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I can see him turning into Zach Auguste 2.0 - that will piss me off.

Reaction Score
He never work hard over here and was in the doghouse. Ollie wave about him preseason but he never got stronger, never stay behind in practice, never took time to figure out the plays. Soft as hell, got shots only when the ball bounce his way in the rebound. Never did I recall he out fought someone for the rebound or got to a 50/50 ball. Maybe a change scenery is good for him. He needs an attitude adjustment, not good having someone like him in the locker room

Reaction Score
He never work hard over here and was in the doghouse. Ollie wave about him preseason but he never got stronger, never stay behind in practice, never took time to figure out the plays. Soft as hell, got shots only when the ball bounce his way in the rebound. Never did I recall he out fought someone for the rebound or got to a 50/50 ball. Maybe a change scenery is good for him. He needs an attitude adjustment, not good having someone like him in the locker room
Lol. I can't wait til Durham is an absolute stud 2-3 years down the line

C

Chief00

Not all of what you say is true.

Reaction Score
Let me say he is a nice kid. Will never be a problem Ala Bragg in any campus. Big time college athletics require extra devotion. You have to work at it yourselves also. Remember after the 14 championship season, the staff want samuel tof stay on campus to work on his jupper. He spend the whole summer in NY instead. No 3 for that 2015 n he transfer shortly after that. Enoch spend last summer playing junior varsity in Greece n then train with a cousin in Atlanta. He should have been on campus working out n playing in the hartford pro-am instead

Reaction Score
Laughable. Harry Giles didn't need 3 years to recover and start playing at a high level.

C

Chief00

Let me say he is a nice kid. Will never be a problem Ala Bragg in any campus. Big time college athletics require extra devotion. You have to work at it yourselves also. Remember after the 14 championship season, the staff want samuel tof stay on campus to work on his jupper. He spend the whole summer in NY instead. No 3 for that 2015 n he transfer shortly after that. Enoch spend last summer playing junior varsity in Greece n then train with a cousin in Atlanta. He should have been on campus working out n playing in the hartford pro-am instead

You have some good points in both posts; I just said "not all" were true - agree most were or were the perception. He is a smart kid - I don't understand why with good coaching he couldn't have been put out on a better path. Takes you back to a lack of coaching and development and perhaps motivating aka like JC did LOL.

Reaction Score
Okay, I get it. He is you inside info on the team not gelling well n players don't like ollie. I am so glad that he is out of the door. I have never seen any player in UCONN history that ask to come out of a game because he is tire. I have not seen any UCONN players that miss 2 games because they have viral infections. Come on, you are in big time sports now. Pull your pants up n work hard. If you have a cold, fight through it. Don't use that excuse to sit out the whole week

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Several of kids have not exactly gotten along with Ollie during his tenure, and JD is one of those players.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
And how many got along with Calhoun? Most Modern players want to be coddled and reassured about how good they are.
Maybe, but winning, success and your teammates getting drafted every year makes up for it and then some. Losing doesn't inspire loyalty in a transfer culture.

Reaction Score
It will have to be atleast that since he won't be able to play next season. At that point, he will join the long list of players who showed very little freshmen year, transferred, then became studs.

Reaction Score
If Durham ends up being a stud in two years it's going to be primarily because he's fully recovered from two catastrophic knee injuries more than anything else. I can't be the only one who held my breath every time he touched the ball because he seemed so damn weak and tentative. I don't typically begrudge kids their right to move on if they're in a situation that doesn't work for them but in a situation like this one - where a program stuck with a kid through pretty severe injuries and then seemed to be pretty clearly bringing him along slowly in recognition of those injuries - this one leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But the buck stops with the head guy and if Durham's not a good fit in Storrs - for whatever reason - it falls on the guy who brought him in.

Reaction Score
Several of kids have not exactly gotten along with Ollie during his tenure, and JD is one of those players.

Love to hear your sources? I mean Durham is obvious let's hear a few of the other "several's"?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OK - you said it - now let us hear who the kids are/were and where you got this info

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom