2023 Recruiting: - Justin Edwards | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Justin Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the rumors of Tshiebwe making like $5M in NIL this year are true then UK will win every single recruiting battle. No one else can compete with that kind of cash, except Duke
Well, he came back so I'm sure he was making some kind of serious coin

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the rumors of Tshiebwe making like $5M in NIL this year are true then UK will win every single recruiting battle. No one else can compete with that kind of cash, except Duke
To be fair, he’s probably the only dude on the team sniffing 1 mil+. But their recruits are definitely going to be well taken care of.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t count us out yet either but we did hit the canvas already. They have the more recent NBA players, so that would appeal to most more.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t count us out yet either but we did hit the canvas already. They have the more recent NBA players, so that would appeal to most more.
If Jackson and Hawkins end up being first round picks Hurley will have a lot of ammo to sell recruits. We’re never going to be Duke or UK level of sending 3+ guys every single year, but we can certainly get back to the level we used to be of 1-2 per year

Reaction Score
Well, he came back so I'm sure he was making some kind of serious coin
I don't think Tshiebwe had much NBA prospects honestly; Probably a late 2nd rounder with a 2 way contract.

Reaction Score
If Jackson and Hawkins end up being first round picks Hurley will have a lot of ammo to sell recruits. We’re never going to be Duke or UK level of sending 3+ guys every single year, but we can certainly get back to the level we used to be of 1-2 per year
Year 5 of the rebuild program.. Guys getting to the NBA on a regular basis.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree, seems like a panic move on their part. Or should I say I’m hoping it’s a panic move on their part.
I wouldn’t say it’s just UConn. A lot of schools with heavy hitters that did not want to get involved before the NIL are now in play. Competition getting bigger for squid and WWW.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say it’s just UConn. A lot of schools with heavy hitters that did not want to get involved before the NIL are now in play. Competition getting bigger for squid and WWW.

Wes is actually an executive for the Knicks now. There probably isn't the same need for shady middlemen when paying players is legalized. It's more about aggregating boosters nowadays and "friendly" companies.

Reaction Score
How often do you hear from Kentucky?

Once in the blue, not a lot.

What do you like about UConn?

Coach (Dan) Hurley and coach Kimani (Young) base their team on energy and playing hard and that’s similar to my high school.

Reminds me of Rudy.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Do we have a home visit on the books?
Not sure but unless LAZ parking is pulling up with 800k for him will it even matter? Lmao what CT based sponsor is ever gonna be able to compete with larger state schools

Reaction Score
Not sure but unless LAZ parking is pulling up with 800k for him will it even matter? Lmao what CT based sponsor is ever gonna be able to compete with larger state schools
Probably the guy that has his name on the practice facility, that has been extremely philanthropic to the university, and is the CEO of a company located an hour from campus

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Probably the guy that has his name on the practice facility, that has been extremely philanthropic to the university, and is the CEO of a company located an hour from campus
He’s not going to be shelling $ out for recruits like that.

This is not happening in CT for a basketball player.

Reaction Score
UConn is a little bigger than UK, CT. is one of the wealthiest states in the country, we're next to the media capital of the world, there's probably 15 or so billionaires in the state.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
UConn is a little bigger than UK, CT. is one of the wealthiest states in the country, we're next to the media capital of the world, there's probably 15 or so billionaires in the state.
UConn isn’t a huge brand like UK basketball. My point isn’t that CT isn’t a wealthy state, it’s that UConn will not get this type of support from anyone in the NIL scene. I’d love to be proven wrong, but it doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards for us. Schools with crazy boosters are going to run wild and we can only watch.

Reaction Score
UConn isn’t a huge brand like UK basketball. My point isn’t that CT isn’t a wealthy state, it’s that UConn will not get this type of support from anyone in the NIL scene. I’d love to be proven wrong, but it doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards for us. Schools with crazy boosters are going to run wild and we can only watch.
Your post just wasn't accurate, UK isn't a larger state school than UConn and we obviously have all the money in the world right around us to compete. It's a question of do we want to? If the answer is yes, it's how do we go about tapping into all that's right around us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom