Justin Edwards & Other '23 Prospects | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Justin Edwards & Other '23 Prospects

Reaction Score
good points but i see a big potential downside to that. lets say martin comes back but cole doesnt. if so, i want a grad transfer PG taking the last scholly, not a reclass.

i dont think we are winning a chip w/ gaff as our starting PG backed up by soph digg and reclass castle. but replace castle w/ 5th year cole or a grad transfer PG and we have the leadership we need.

i'm favoring a final 4 run in '23 over a 5 frosh class in '24 no matter how great it could be
If Gaff keeps developing why can’t we win with him as our pg?

Reaction Score
If Gaff keeps developing why can’t we win with him as our pg?
IF he keeps developing then that would obvi factor into a decision but right now, i'd be much more confident in a PG rotation of

cole/grad transfer, gaff, and diggins than gaff, diggins, and castle

we also havent seen anything from diggings yet, which could also change by the end of the season and will factor into a decision

Reaction Score
IF he keeps developing then that would obvi factor into a decision but right now, i'd be much more confident in a PG rotation of

cole/grad transfer, gaff, and diggins than gaff, diggins, and castle

we also havent seen anything from diggings yet, which could also change by the end of the season and will factor into a decision
I don’t see Hurley bringing in a grad transfer for Gaff to back up his senior year. If anything the grad transfer will back up Gaff. Watching him this year, he’s more than capable

Reaction Score
I don’t see Hurley bringing in a grad transfer for Gaff to back up his senior year. If anything the grad transfer will back up Gaff. Watching him this year, he’s more than capable
Sool is the real deal as a pass first PG.. If Castle has a roster spot to reclass based on Martin/Cole decisions at the end of this year. .Different situation

Let it all play out. Lots of options

Reaction Score
depends who the grad transfer is but putting all your faith in a PG who wouldnt be a full time starter until his senior year isn't a smart way to win a chip

Reaction Score
Lol, they aren't bringing in a transfer point guard to run the team.
michigan has done it the past 2 seasons. baylor and kansas are also doing it this year. if cole leaves why not? right now you're saying you'd be comfortable and confident in gaff steering us to the final 4 next season?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
michigan has done it the past 2 seasons. baylor and kansas are also doing it this year. if cole leaves why not? right now you're saying you'd be comfortable and confident in gaff steering us to the final 4 next season?
With the way Gaffney is playing now, the expected jump he will make throughout this season and the upcoming offseason...

Yes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes. The only difference is that this year (with Whaley and Polley) it does not count against our scholarship limit of 13, but going forward it will. So for example if RJ chose to stay an extra year he would count towards the 13 scholarship limit. But yes as long as you were in college during the covid year you have an extra year of eligibility
Thanks, I didn't have it nailed down myself until your post.

Reaction Score
With the way Gaffney is playing now, the expected jump he will make throughout this season and the upcoming offseason...

Yes.
cant gauge his play based on the competition yet everyone looks pretty good. but as i said it's about more than who starts. without cole or a grad transfer we'd also be relying heavily on digg and castle (who's reclassing in this hypothetical). Both of them are completely unproven.

digg isn't gonna get much PT this year so no matter what i'd still be concerned w/ our depth behind gaff if we lose cole and dont replace him with a grad transfer point

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Everyone on this board would lost their marbles if the equivalent to Remy Martin signed up to replace Cole next year. The homerism here recently has been over the top. I pray for these peoples health if we lose to Auburn.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Are we assuming Jackson isn't back next year? He's definitely got pro potential, but if he's back next year, he's shown he can run the point.
He looked like Andre Iguodala in person last Wednesday. I don’t ever remember seeing someone do all over the court and so much better of an athlete than everyone else on the court. Between that, his competitiveness and focus, and the improved 3 ball, I think it’d be tough to count on him coming back next year. Definitely far from a sure thing, but I think he’s going to generate a lot of interest from scouts. He’s a rare combination of an absolute athletic freak and someone who really knows how to play the game. Shooting is rightly a big question mark but it looks like he’s improving it at a remarkable rate. He’s almost like a shorter Scottie Barnes.

Reaction Score
I hope Cole comes back next year, but yes I would trust Gaffney running the point next year if he doesn't

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Are we assuming Jackson isn't back next year? He's definitely got pro potential, but if he's back next year, he's shown he can run the point.
He looked like Andre Iguodala in person last Wednesday. I don’t ever remember seeing someone do all over the court and so much better of an athlete than everyone else on the court. Between that, his competitiveness and focus, and the improved 3 ball, I think it’d be tough to count on him coming back next year. Definitely far from a sure thing, but I think he’s going to generate a lot of interest from scouts. He’s a rare combination of an absolute athletic freak and someone who really knows how to play the game. Shooting is rightly a big question mark but it looks like he’s improving it at a remarkable rate. He’s almost like a shorter Scottie Barnes.
I don't see where y'all are getting the idea he won't be back next year. With 4 cupcake games he's averaging 8.8pts, 7rbs and about 2assists a game (25 min/game). His shooting percentages are good for sure but limited quantity to make any assumptions.

Consider Bouk was our best player and scored almost effortlessly putting up 18.7pts and 5.7rbs, just under 2/assists and he almost fell out of the lottery.

Unless there is some huge step up, I don't see him being anything like a lottery pick or even a first rounder. Next year could be very different.

I fully expect him to be here next year.

Reaction Score
I don't see where y'all are getting the idea he won't be back next year. With 4 cupcake games he's averaging 8.8pts, 7rbs and about 2assists a game (25 min/game). His shooting percentages are good for sure but limited quantity to make any assumptions.

Consider Bouk was our best player and scored almost effortlessly putting up 18.7pts and 5.7rbs, just under 2/assists and he almost fell out of the lottery.

Unless there is some huge step up, I don't see him being anything like a lottery pick or even a first rounder. Next year could be very different.

Didn’t say that I didn’t expect him back next year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Definitely cupcakes and definitely a lot left to prove. Before the season, I didn’t think there was a real possibility he could be drafted at the end of the season. After the start of the season and seeing him live, there’s definitely a real chance he could play himself into a late first round pick. Not saying it’s even a 50% chance he’ll be able to get there, but it’s also not trivial enough to plan the team around him definitely being here.

Reaction Score
cant gauge his play based on the competition yet everyone looks pretty good. but as i said it's about more than who starts. without cole or a grad transfer we'd also be relying heavily on digg and castle (who's reclassing in this hypothetical). Both of them are completely unproven.

digg isn't gonna get much PT this year so no matter what i'd still be concerned w/ our depth behind gaff if we lose cole and dont replace him with a grad transfer point
Diggins might end the year largely unproven to us, but recognize that after a year of practice Hurley will have a decent idea of how much he will be able to give us next year

Reaction Score
I love all these talented guys 6'6" or bigger but also vividly recall what Shabazz and Boat did to the Harrison twins. I'd like to see us looking at another quick, talented, guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom