Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

Reaction Score
So I was in Atlantic City this weekend and we went to a pool party. Someone got so hammered that they ’d in the pool. The place made everyone get out and eventually closed the pool for the day. Annoying at the time, but kind of glad now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So I was in Atlantic City this weekend and we went to a pool party. Someone got so hammered that they ’d in the pool. The place made everyone get out and eventually closed the pool for the day. Annoying at the time, but kind of glad now.
Went to my cousin's wedding last year in Schenectady. A toddler (not mine) defecated in the hotel pool. They closed for 4 days to be drained completely, sanitized Caddy Shack style, refilled and retreated. Never said it wasn't a real concern for high load water. Just not for the vast majority of residential pools.

Reaction Score
No more beaches. No more pools. I'm sure someone will pull up a link on how it's dangerous to take a bath.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh crap I was just at Clearwater beach.

Well, if you crapped you want to be careful of some fecal stuff which can withstand chlorine for up to a week.

As for the gulf, that stuff is always in the water. You'll see a dozen or so cases a year. Any cut in the water from shells or whatever better be thoroughly cleaned with medical grade cleaners.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Um made you get out of the pool? Was there a scenario running in your head where you stay in that pool after someone dumped in it?

CL82

Reaction Score
Next CL82 is going to tell you that flying is dangerous...
Are you suggesting that there are fecal parasites in the ice cube machine? Because it kind of feels like you are.

Reaction Score
Im going to Atlantic City next week, what place was this?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that there are fecal parasites in the ice cube machine? Because it kind of feels like you are.

On the seats, man. ON THE SEATS!

Reaction Score
Cryptosporidium laughs at your 1-3ppm of chlorine.
Thats why you shock. My pool usually has at least 10ppm until August, when the initial shock wears off. I argue about pool chemistry with my wife every year... its the only thing we fight about. I tell all the kids... don’t drink my pool water! In my best “old man yells at cloud” voice.

CL82

Reaction Score
Thats why you shock. My pool usually has at least 10ppm until August, when the initial shock wears off. I argue about pool chemistry with my wife every year... its the only thing we fight about. I tell all the kids... don’t drink my pool water! In my best “old man yells at cloud” voice.
Cryptosporidium laughs your shock treatment. Cryptosporidium is the apex predator of pool water.

CL82

Reaction Score
I guess I know how to off myself and make it look accidental for the insurance...
Well until that post...

Reaction Score
Um made you get out of the pool? Was there a scenario running in your head where you stay in that pool after someone dumped in it?
I mean, for one, I didn’t see it or even know what was going on when they pulled everyone out. The pool was huge. Also, I’ve never had a pool so I didn’t know whether or not it was something that takes 2 hours or 2 days to get cleared up.

Reaction Score
Face it fecal parasites are swimming around your properly maintained pool at this very moment just waiting for their chance.
I think the threat is exaggerated. I think the buttplug industry is overblowing this to make a fast buck.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
77 year old grandma died from the necrosis bacteria.

Reaction Score
77 year old grandma died from the necrosis bacteria.

Scary stuff. Between all your new exotic snakes, and the other creatures, I may limit myself to a Disney visit when the granddaughters are old enough to enjoy it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom