Just Trying To Figure This Out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Just Trying To Figure This Out

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I love it when I see couch potato posters try to do damage control by trashing really good and talented players who transferred. Wake up people and tell the truth man. Both Enoch and Jackson were 4 star recruits with offers from many major programs. I can't wait for the next spin when the next shoe drops.

And what is your basketball pedigree?

It's not just the transfers. Ollie hasn't shown any kind of offensive philosophy and has not prepared his team. The first two games were an embarrassment and the injuries helped to hide the lack of any kind of offensive system. I've said through out the season that the injuries forced Ollie to begin to implement an offensive system...it hasn't worked but at least he started trying and nmaybe that can carry into next season.

Reaction Score
And what is your basketball pedigree?

It's not just the transfers. Ollie hasn't shown any kind of offensive philosophy and has not prepared his team. The first two games were an embarrassment and the injuries helped to hide the lack of any kind of offensive system. I've said through out the season that the injuries forced Ollie to begin to implement an offensive system...it hasn't worked but at least he started trying and nmaybe that can carry into next season.
Well let's hope for the good of the school that you're right.

Reaction Score
All the apologists are attacking all of the guys who see things for what they really are. Over the past 3 seasons, I see a program that demonstrates low basketball IQ, poor ball movement, falling behind by double digits to the types of teams we used to blow out, almost never being ranked, virtually no postseason success, never challenging for the AAC regular season title, poor use of available scholarships, numerous transfers and de-commits, and a coach who often looks absolutely dismayed during games.

If it was just this past season, it wouldn't be a big deal. Unfortunately, its a 3 year trend.
Spot on with a bunch of that. Tough love.

Reaction Score
What a low ceiling. What have Cincy, SMU, or Houston ever done of note in NCAA hoops? Is that our ceiling - a decent record, a 6 seed, losing in the first weekend of the tournament?

The AAC is a metal collar around all of our necks.
Well I would like to finish in the top 3 of this horrible conference every year. Cincy and SMU seem to be doing that pretty well and Houston is on an upward trajectory. Can't say the same for UCONN right now. Only 1 top 3 finish in 4 years. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Well I would like to finish in the top 3 of this horrible conference every year. Cincy and SMU seem to be doing that pretty well and Houston is on an upward trajectory. Can't say the same for UCONN right now. Only 1 top 3 finish in 4 years. Ugh.

There are unbalanced schedules. Being tied for 3rd but 6th on the tiebreaker is meaningless when you don't even play the same teams. And in 2 of the 4 years, they won the conference championship or the national championship.

This year was a major debacle. I'm much less concerned about winning the conference championship last year or the national championship 2 years before.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom