Just talked to a reliable source (re:Zach Brown) | The Boneyard

Just talked to a reliable source (re:Zach Brown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Told me he thinks the fight started with zach and a opposing player trash talking, which lead to a fight after the game. Also said PSA has a strict no fight policy, hence why he was kicked out. He also told me we have nothing to be worried about, and without specifically stating it, implied he's still committed. Just passing this on.

Reaction Score
Fights between teammates happen a lot. It's really not that big of a deal. If he fought an opponent, okay fine. Hopefully he learned a lesson. UConn doesn't have a strict no fighting policy. He needs to learn to control his temper, but a fight ritht after a game is, IMHO, far more forgiveable than a fight at Ted's the night before a game.

He needs to mature. So do almost all 18 year olds. This isn't a reason to end his recruitment.

Michael Jordan got into fights with teammates. It's not a red flag. I wonder if the people wound up about the alleged fight with a teammate ever played competitive sports. The MVP of the NFL got into a fight with their top CB during a practice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fighting is a good thing how much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight.

Reaction Score
If he's kicked out of school does he graduate on time and is he done playing for the year? Is he already at another school? You wonder if the kid can handle a college environment.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You need to change out of your uniform before you punch people in the throat.

That way you can claim that it was a general-purpose punching and unrelated to any school activity.

I feel like I could be a mentor or something to these kids.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

That way you can claim that it was a general-purpose punching and unrelated to any school activity.

It's all in the details.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The way the title of this thread is written, it looks like Zack Brown is your source.

Reaction Score

latest

Fishy?

Reaction Score
With these details I'm more at ease. Need someone with an edge, but obviously he needs to reel it in a bit. If there's one person that can effectively chew him out and bring this temper in line it's Kevin.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. Looks like we're still in a good spot with him. I just hope he can finish his high school career without anymore trouble.

Reaction Score
I almost got into a fight this weekend skiing, and I'm 45! I should of kicked his @$$. Still wish I did. Damned kids begged me not to. Then my wife privately asked me why I didn't. She thinks she's funny.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Yep - you could be SOMETHING for these kids
It's what that hasn't been defined!!!!

Reaction Score
A lot would be dependent on whether this is a trend or just a one-time screw up of an otherwise good kid.

Reaction Score
A lot would be dependent on whether this is a trend or just a one-time screw up of an otherwise good kid.

Clarification needed as I thought he had a similar altercation while in Miami. Am I wrong here ??

Reaction Score
I remember hearing stories of Edmund Saunders fighting teammates and also remember him throwing a punch at opposing players to defend teammates. This type of stuff happens.
Jerry Stackhouse has had articles written about how tough he is. They have referenced him waiting outside opposing teams locker rooms to throw down.
I like the idea of having a 7foot 260 pound center who is not afraid of confrontation. I seriously doubt brown will have to deal with a hasheem/Blair situation.

Reaction Score
I almost got into a fight this weekend skiing, and I'm 45! I should of kicked his @$$. Still wish I did. Damned kids begged me not to. Then my wife privately asked me why I didn't. She thinks she's funny.
Ski rage! been there...let me guess, some out of control jerk in way over their head (beginner on an expert trail perhaps) ran into you and didn't apologize?

Reaction Score
I remember hearing stories of Edmund Saunders fighting teammates and also remember him throwing a punch at opposing players to defend teammates. This type of stuff happens.
Jerry Stackhouse has had articles written about how tough he is. They have referenced him waiting outside opposing teams locker rooms to throw down.
I like the idea of having a 7foot 260 pound center who is not afraid of confrontation. I seriously doubt brown will have to deal with a hasheem/Blair situation.
Great post. I remember that about Edmund too! Get him in the program and KO will reel him in. Although I'm sure they will be a bit more careful with his situation if he continues down this path. Hope everything works out.

Reaction Score
Clarification needed as I thought he had a similar altercation while in Miami. Am I wrong here ??
He was suspended for fighting and was waiting to find out if he was going to be able to play again this season in Miami. That was apparently part of the reason for his transfer to PSA, so he could start playing again right away.

I'm nowhere near as optimistic about this situation as some here. I hope everything works out for the kid, but this really doesn't look good to me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Off topic a bit, but Zach might learn a thing or two from this kid. Brian Garruto got kicked out of a 17-18 yr old Rec soccer league for, among other things, receiving a red card, and then switching jerseys with a teammate so that he could continue playing. Here's his dismissal email with a list of his transgressions:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%2012.15.13%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%2012.14.20%20AM.png

Reaction Score
Off topic a bit, but Zach might learn a thing or two from this kid. Brian Garruto got kicked out of a 17-18 yr old Rec soccer league for, among other things, receiving a red card, and then switching jerseys with a teammate so that he could continue playing. Here's his dismissal email with a list of his transgressions:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%2012.15.13%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%2012.14.20%20AM.png

Those are all pretty funny, but I lost it at "eating banana on field".

Reaction Score
As mentioned, fights happen with teammates more than you think. It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's really easy to have happen you either spend so much damn time with each other that you get sick of each other and there's going to be a confrontation or a new variable is injected into an established mix and everyone jockeys for position and there's a confrontation.

Hell if the damn scout team running back ran through the wrong hole in high school a few too many times he found out real quick not to do that. In college we had guys that needed to be cajoled into understanding the way we did things as a program. It happens. Literally nothing to see.

Christ a friend had quite the run in with Lawrence Phillips when they both played for Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom