Just started watching The Last Kingdom | The Boneyard

Just started watching The Last Kingdom

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Anyone else? So far, it's a very good series.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
temery said:
Anyone else? So far, it's a very good series.

I have it on my amazon watch list. Sounds right up my alley.

Reaction Score
Done - excellent. Not a great finish but overall a fine min-series. Different view of the "Danes" through the eyes of the Saxons in a way.

Reaction Score
For some reason I thought this was a mini series. Happy to see there will be multiple seasons. I power watched the season in the last two days. Awesome.

Reaction Score
For some reason I thought this was a mini series. Happy to see there will be multiple seasons. I power watched the season in the last two days. Awesome.

Thought it was a mini series of 8 episodes. Nice to hear there will be more, thanks

Reaction Score
Just watched the first episode, liked it a lot. It's now my "watch while on the subway" binge, so will take a little time to get thru it... but well done on the first episode.

I read that they did complete filming of the second season, but no clue when it will be released on Netflix.

Reaction Score
Just finished the first season. This is a really good show. Definitely worth the watch. It develops at a really good pace. Good writing and acting. I like Vikings as well (similar, but VERY different shows). Last Kingdon just focuses on the raids of Wessex, and focuses more on the Saxons. Looking forward to season 2 (whenever it is released).

Reaction Score
Season 2 is on Netflix as of a couple weeks ago. I just finished it, and it is really well done. On par with, if not better than, season 1. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new binge.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is on my list for the summer. I've got a long list though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just started watching this. I like it a lot. It is not prestige television, but it is smart and relatively historically accurate without overdoing it with melodrama like so many Netflix shows do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watched the first two seasons, and now I am going to take a break.

I highly recommend the Last Kingdom to anyone that is into historical shows. I thought the plot for the second season was really smart and credible. The characters make tough decisions with imperfect information, and the show highlights how difficult it is determining facts in a society where memory is the only record. The show keeps the focus fairly narrow, which makes it more interesting and more tense in some ways. Loyalty is so transactional in that world, and so much of survival was just luck.

The acting is just OK, and the lead characters get really lucky, a lot, but those issues are more amusing foibles than problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom