Just some thoughts. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just some thoughts.

Reaction Score
IMHO the younger players are overwhelmed now with the learning process at UCONN and the demand to win every game by 30 points!
Caroline Ducharme when she went in early in the 1st period vs Seton Hall, looked like a deer in the headlights! She couldn't get out of her own way!
Why? I think there is so much to process that their minds get overwhelmed and their bodies shut down not allowing them to play free like they did in HS! All these younger players were time tested during their HS careers and performed at such a high level that the aura of being at and playing at the best WCBB program is virgin ground and they have to take a step back and remember BB is FUN and play accordingly!
Sports are completely different now than 5 or ten years ago. The elite players were more competitive and aggressive than today's athletes!
These girls are "nice" girls, who wouldn't kick a-s and take names! Paige is wired different, somewhere in her upbringing she developed a cut throat sports mentality that is so evident today!
The others WILL develop the killer attitude they need to be successful, but it will take a little longer!
Let's see what this team is like in February, March, and April!
This is all based on coaching 32 years of HS Wrestling!

Reaction Score
Well I disagree with "a heck of a lot better". UConn showed that they can play with SC (even dominate in 1Q). Why the wheels wobbled in 3Q and came completely off in 4Q is fixable. I don't see this team as a complete disaster as some on the BY would have you believe. Oh my God, we're only #2. (Stop it already.)

Reaction Score
Since you offered some observations, I’d like to throw out something for consideration. On some other posts, it has been suggested that some other ranked teams have looked ragged, a little out of kilter.
One thing that popped into my head is the comparison of last year to now. The season occurred in the height of the pandemic, and teams were essentially quarantine. All of the “together” time, with a primary focus on BB may have accelerated team cohesion for a lot of teams, including UConn.
Fast forward to this year, the normal distractions for college kids are back and for some, the full college experience might have slowed the pace of team cohesion for a lot of teams, not named SC, including UConn. Just a few thoughts.
Hopefully, we’ll see some progression against ND tomorrow
Surly1, thank you for this post. I’ve had these same thoughts for a while now, but never stated them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom