Just saw Texas AD evaluating the entire FB program after today's loss | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just saw Texas AD evaluating the entire FB program after today's loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well your opinion is wrong but ok
I wasn't addressing available funds or size of athletic budget, etc
That would be foolish
I was addressing the success of the program on the fields/courts etc - maybe should have spelled that out
And I still say, overall, UConn has many more successes

Thanks for the comedic relief Rocktheworld - love the comic!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to read your expert advise and commentary during the mens bb season and the game chat room bs - saved it so I can shoot it right back at you

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why do people still use the Calhoun/Geno rise in basketball as justification we can become a national power in football? It's apples and gorillas. To even have a shot at success in football these days you need to be a member of the club, we can't even get an invite. UConn will eventually find a coaching staff that will be able to compete in the AAC and get a few bowl invites here and there. That's the reality.
Hate to say - but this just might be reality
Woe

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
AD gave him the kiss of death.
New defensive coordinator is lipstick on the pig.

Strong is gone at the end of this year. His agent is already putting out feelers for his next job.

Reaction Score
Yes we know - over and over and over again. I hope you are sending daily emails/texts to Benedict to torture him as well as us. ;)

UConn has much longer leash than Texas. Diaco has the opportunity to turn things around rest of this season against an AAC schedule. Will he adjust? It is not impossible but evidence so far indicates not likely. Ideally, he will adjust his ways and get us to a bowl game. In that case, I doubt he will be fired. Will it happen? It seems less and less likely each week.

Reaction Score
FWIW:

Charlie Strong's job at Texas safe through season, source says

Geoff Ketchum ‏@gkketch 5m 5 minutes ago
Multiple sources have told Orangebloods tonight that Charlie Strong will take over full control and play-calling duties from Vance Bedford.

Geoff Ketchum ‏@gkketch 6m 6 minutes ago
It remains to be seen how the situation will be presented, but the expectation moving forward is that Strong will serve as the acting DC.

Edit add: Reports: Charlie Strong will take over defense from Vance Bedford

Official:

Longhorn Network ‏@LonghornNetwork 6m 6 minutes ago
Charlie Strong will take over defensive play-calling. Vance Bedford will coach secondary.

Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger 9m 9 minutes ago
Strong: "The way we've played on defense is unacceptable... So I'm gonna run the defense. I'm gonna coach the defense."

Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger 6m6 minutes ago
"It's not desperation," Strong says.

Reaction Score
Don't think Charlie Strong gonna make it past this season. He wanted the big gig and now he is facing the pressure. Why can't Benedict make similar statement to give us some hope? Why do we accept this medicore performance week after week?

It looks like Herman will be at Texas next season. Sucks for Houston but that's life of a G5. My only wish is someone dumb enough and hire Diaco away this offseason.

An AD telling the press mid season that "I'm evaluating everything" is just empty talk. The question isn't why he said it -- the question is why would you take comfort from Benedict saying the same thing? Why would empty words make you feel better?

At the end of the season, Benefict either will or will not make a coaching change. I can't imagine that he will, but he will have that choice. Why you would take comfort from any words that don't come with the action you seem to want is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Charlie Strong will be gone after the season. My contact at UT has a pretty good track record. He told me the word was if Strong lost to OK St he'd be on the way out. They'll be making a push for Tom Herman and they will get him. Count on it.

Reaction Score
An AD telling the press mid season that "I'm evaluating everything" is just empty talk. The question isn't why he said it -- the question is why would you take comfort from Benedict saying the same thing? Why would empty words make you feel better?

At the end of the season, Benefict either will or will not make a coaching change. I can't imagine that he will, but he will have that choice. Why you would take comfort from any words that don't come with the action you seem to want is beyond me.

It is clear something needs to change. So far, Diaco has showed that he lacks the fundamental capability to be a head coach. If Benedict made the statement, it would at least let the fans know that he shares our frustrations.

If Diaco does not go bowling this year, he should be fired. Losing record in a league like the AAC in year 3 is just not acceptable.

Reaction Score
Bobby-Boy D needs to go at the end of the season and take his boring style of play (and those stupid red pants) with him.

Reaction Score
It took Frank Beamer several seasons to get VT going. 3 years is just not enough time to get your players and system in place, especially with our program history. I would give him 3 more years to get a winning season. If he fails at least the then available coaches will know that they will get a fair chance at UConn.

Reaction Score
It took Frank Beamer several seasons to get VT going. 3 years is just not enough time to get your players and system in place, especially with our program history. I would give him 3 more years to get a winning season. If he fails at least the then available coaches will know that they will get a fair chance at UConn.

The only logic I can accept is that you are a BCU fan. What games have you been watching? 3 years of psycho Bob? You really want to destroy UConn football don't you?

Reaction Score
A coach might have gotten 5 years in 1985 but that is rare today and no coach would worry about getting a fair shake based on the firing of a guy who has put up Diaco's record to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom