Just out AP: UConn remains uncommitted to Big East | The Boneyard

Just out AP: UConn remains uncommitted to Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Marianatto said what he had to say to try and keep this house of cards together.

UConn is looking out for UConn, as it should. I just hope someone takes us sooner rather than later.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Good for Herbst. By not committing to the BE she's telling the ACC that UConn is not waiting around for an ACC invite.

Reaction Score
No one is committed to the big east. Louisville and WVA could be gone by the end of the week if the B12 offers. But that's ok. It's all good!!!!

Reaction Score
Interesting line in the article:
"The officials, who asked that their names not be used because of the sensitive nature of the negotiations, denied that Connecticut and Rutgers agreed to stay in the conference during a three-hour meeting among Big East football members on Monday."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
keep it up susan! within months, she may go down as one of the best(top5) leaders this school has even had with everything she has done/is trying to do...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
As an aside, I think it's funny that we are all so starved for information that this thread had 10 responses within 5 minutes. :D

Reaction Score
How juicy:

The officials, who asked that their names not be used because of the sensitive nature of the negotiations, denied that Connecticut and Rutgers agreed to stay in the conference during a three-hour meeting among Big East football members on Monday.

I love sensitive and unnamed.

Herbst is an master at this. I hope she sticks around to see that $1B endowment happen.

Reaction Score
As an aside, I think it's funny that we are all so starved for information that this thread had 10 responses within 5 minutes. :D
Glad to know I am not the only one hitting F5 all day.

Reaction Score
What took JC and the AD to build over three decades, Herbst presided over its decimation in fewerthan 3 months. She will be forever known as the one that dropped the ball.

Herbst is an master at this. I hope she sticks around to see that $1B endowment happen.

aldavis3.jpg

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Glad to know I am not the only one hitting F5 all day.
It feels like im on all the time I dont even really know whats going on in this class cause i've been on here the whole time

Reaction Score
How juicy:

The officials, who asked that their names not be used because of the sensitive nature of the negotiations, denied that Connecticut and Rutgers agreed to stay in the conference during a three-hour meeting among Big East football members on Monday.

I love sensitive and unnamed.

Who are you, and why are you posting under Rumrunner's name?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Good for Susan!

She's using her poli sci skills!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No one is committed to the big east. Louisville and WVA could be gone by the end of the week if the B12 offers. But that's ok. It's all good!!!!
Exactly. Anyone believing otherwise is fooling themselves. The other schools who have made a commitment will use the excuse that UConn's decision was behind their change of mind when they bolt and fail to honor their obligation. That's just vacant posturing and probably unnecessary because most people following these events appreciate the purpose for leaving. And those not following have thrown the whole process under the bus. UConn at least will not be breaking any commitments and that is unusual in today's events and will hold President Herbst in good standing imo.

Reaction Score
It feels like im on all the time I dont even really know whats going on in this class cause i've been on here the whole time
I've had the door to my office closed all week. I never have the door to my office closed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I haven't been this intense since my kid was born.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Exactly. Anyone believing otherwise is fooling themselves. The other schools who have made a commitment will use the excuse that UConn's decision was behind their change of mind when they bolt and fail to honor their obligation. That's just vacant posturing and probably unnecessary because most people following these events appreciate the purpose for leaving. And those not following have thrown the whole process under the bus. UConn at least will not be breaking any commitments and that is unusual in today's events and will hold President Herbst in good standing imo.

No one will be able to say that we went about this in an underhanded sort of way, that's for sure. Herbst has been real upfront, which I think is terrific.

"HEY EVERYONE GET US OUUUUUUTTA HERE!" haha.

Reaction Score
We really need to wrap this up by next Tuesday. I have a huge project beginning then, and will probably only be able to dedicate 15% of my time to hitting F5.

Reaction Score
This is the problem with the press, what Marinatto said was absolutely true. It was just taken out of context. While all of the participants pledged to move forward together - they were merely pledging to move forward thru the buffet line as he kept yelling from the back to move faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom